Photo
- - - - -

NRL - Round 6

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game are you most looking forward to? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game are you most looking forward to?

1. Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Sydney Roosters v Canterbury Bulldogs (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Newcastle Knights v Penrith Panthers (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Canberra Raiders v New Zealand Warriors (0 votes [0.00%])

5. South Sydney Rabbitohs v Melbourne Storm (7 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

6. Manly Sea Eagles v Cronulla Sharks (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra Dragons (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Gold Coast Titans v Parramatte Eels (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

What a kick!

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#22 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Only one handling error from Souths in the whole 40 and they were punished. How casual was the winger (F'Nua?)?

#23 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Stupendous first half between the Storm and the team I would love to win the Grand Final.

Melbourne have been cruel and remorseless, Rabbitohs hanging on for dear life...

#24 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

wow what a great half between Souths and Storm. The highest stadards being set by both teams. Widdop having a great game again as are the Burgess brothers

#25 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

George making 8 metres per carry, Sam just over 7, both against the best defensive team in the world. Hopefully Sam has an injury free season and a good build up to the WC. Hopefully Tom gets a look in at some point too because he was better than George when they were both at the Bulls. If he can get to his brothers' level, imagine the monster pack we would have!

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#26 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Really enjoying this. looks a great atmosphere.

#27 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Bunnies right back in this now.........

#28 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Cue Widdop!!!

#29 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Good try to Widdop, he is far better than many believe in England.

#30 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

alot of us rate him very highly andy

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#31 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Good try to Widdop, he is far better than many believe in England.

Oh, we know he's good. It's just that there's a Kiwi pinching money off the worst team in SL so England are covered for stand-off thanks.

#32 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Maybe I look at it too simply but if the world's best Rugby League team (no matter how you judge it) think he is good enough to play 6 for them, then he is probably good enough to play 6 for England.

#33 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Maybe I look at it too simply but if the world's best Rugby League team (no matter how you judge it) think he is good enough to play 6 for them, then he is probably good enough to play 6 for England.

I agree.

#34 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Great run from GB to create the space for the try out wide for Souths

#35 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

cracking game that

OLDHAM RLFC

#36 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

What a great game although I think it has to be said despite Souths being my favourite NRL side that Melbourne looked a level up from them. They just looked more clinical, with more ideas and more likely to win all game.

Isn't it great when RL is like that, full pelt with 32,000 screaming fans. It's hard to think that their first meeting in 1998 was in front of just 5,000. Just shows what a big name (Russell Crowe) can do to a club.

#37 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

great game and atmosphere. No other sport for me, can offer the excitment and drama that our games offers. Melbourne look so strong despite again losing a couple of first graders from last year

#38 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

To borrow from the Phil "Gus" Gould lexicon - "wow!"

Sam Burgess was a man possessed in that second half and George ran with such explosive power that I have not seen bettered by any other NRL forward. (Just an aside, it's a sad indictment on the afterthought that international football appears to have become that the commentary team - which is one of my favourites - didn't seem to know that it is England and not GB that George Burgess might be playing for later this year).

A wonderful atmosphere and historically a very good attendance - but it still disappoints me that, on the latter point, the premier sport in Sydney with the kind of profile football has over here still lags so far behind its counterpart of the AFL in Melbourne. The equivalent fixture in the latter would have attracted 80000-90000 at the MCG...

#39 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

To borrow from the Phil "Gus" Gould lexicon - "wow!"

Sam Burgess was a man possessed in that second half and George ran with such explosive power that I have not seen bettered by any other NRL forward. (Just an aside, it's a sad indictment on the afterthought that international football appears to have become that the commentary team - which is one of my favourites - didn't seem to know that it is England and not GB that George Burgess might be playing for later this year).

A wonderful atmosphere and historically a very good attendance - but it still disappoints me that, on the latter point, the premier sport in Sydney with the kind of profile football has over here still lags so far behind its counterpart of the AFL in Melbourne. The equivalent fixture in the latter would have attracted 80000-90000 at the MCG...

The people from Melbourne are a very different breed to those from Sydney and Brisbane (who are similar)
They have a totally different lifestyle and culture than the Northern Cities.

Edited by AndyCapp, 13 April 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#40 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

The people from Melbourne are a very different breed to those from Sydney and Brisbane (who are similar)
They have a totally different lifestyle and culture than the Northern Cities.

i went to melbourne when on my RLWC08 tour...very different to sydney & brisbane....melbourne seemed more " northern hemisphere"....i even described it as a across between manchester & new york.....loved it

OLDHAM RLFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users