Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kingstone Press Championship One - Week 2

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game are you most looking forward to? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game are you most looking forward to?

1. Oxford v South Wales Scorpions (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

2. North Wales Crusaders v London Skolars (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

3. Gloucestershire All Golds v Oldham (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

4. Hemel Stags v Gateshead Thunder (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Discuss the games here.

SATURDAY 13th APRIL

Oxford v South Wales Scorpions KO 14.30

SUNDAY 14th APRIL

North Wales Crusaders v London Skolars KO 14.30

Gloucestershire All Golds v Oldham KO 15.00

Hemel Stags v Gateshead Thunder KO 15.00

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 MR51CUK

MR51CUK
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Massive game for Cru at home to London. London will be looking to get their first points on the board after the shock v Hemel.
Cru are now one of the favourites for the league and need to follow up their win v Scorps a few weeks ago.
Hopefully McDonald will be back for Cru this week as I'd like to see him link up with Clarke in the props.
London were a big team down the middle last year and destroyed us down there early on in the season so it could be a very close game on Sunday.

#3 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

How old is Macdonald? I'm sure Dewsbury signed him from Bramley about 1997, so he must be ancient by now?

"There's only one Butch Dingle" etc

#4 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

I,m really looking forward to Thunders visit to see if we can continue our good form.

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.

#5 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

London Skolars at home last season was one of the best games I saw all season and Rob Massam's try when he raced down the wing from half way - pushing off defenders was worth the entrance money alone. MacDonald and Clark are such similar players, and both big lads, that I can't see Clive having them on the pitch at the same time. I think they will replace each other at intervals to keep them both fresh, but what do we know? I am just a supporter guessing. We will see on Sunday. Hop our attendance goes back up. We had less than 700 against Rochdale.

#6 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Itching to get up to Pennine Way on Sunday. Weather looks decent, bringing along a few friends for their first Stags game, new Hemel shirt waiting for me behind the bar and a couple of good results on which to build. Bring it on.

#7 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

looking forward to my first trip to hemel and seeing our first league game of the season..cmon thunder! cmon thunder!!

#8 Kent Roughyed

Kent Roughyed
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

I shall be at Cheltenham on Sunday watching the Roughyeds.

Come on Oldham!!

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

How old is Macdonald? I'm sure Dewsbury signed him from Bramley about 1997, so he must be ancient by now?

"There's only one Butch Dingle" etc

Bloomin' 'eck, is Ronald still playing?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Not far from notching up 300 pro games is Butch! Still got it!

#11 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Half-time: Oxford 10-12 S Wales. Decent crowd in (300ish?) for their first home game.

#12 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,948 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Oxford 20 South Wales 22

Crowd 352

This is going better than I thought possible. 

#13 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Really enthused by championship 1 this yr, love the fact we have some new faces and a bit of positivity at that level rather than traditional clubs passing a bucket round to stay afloat. Can't wait until next year to see how crusaders or Skolars get on in championship. How many are promoted this year?
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#14 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,948 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Skolars might actually be better off in CC1 as there are more local derbies.

#15 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Skolars might actually be better off in CC1 as there are more local derbies.

The way things are going with Broncos they might have a far bigger local derby in two years time.

#16 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,948 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

The way things are going with Broncos they might have a far bigger local derby in two years time.

Sad but true.

#17 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

It was a bit of a strange game at Oxford. The first half was played in heavy showers with defences dominant. The second half opened up a bit. What sticks in my mind was the amount of time Oxford spent in possession camped in the S Wales 30, without ever looking that dangerous. I think three of their tries came from breaks from their own half. At least two of S Wales tries came from bad defensive errors. S Wales did look a bit more threatening in possession though. Shame Oxford couldn't make the touchline conversion after their last minute try, I thought a draw would've been fair myself.

I loved the ground, quaint but more than adequate for that level A stand on each side holding about 700, plus a cricket -style pavilion with some more seating in one corner. Together with the mile and a half stroll through town from the station it makes for a very picturesque setting. Beats the equivalent from Wood Green tube station to New River stadium that's for certain.

Put a few snaps up on Facebook, low res ones from my phone unfortunatley, forgot to take my camera.  :(

#18 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Look forward to heading to Iffley Road later in the season, I think it looks like a nice little ground and the team seems to certainly have potential, sat at the top of the table this morning albeit having played a game more than most.

I think Oxford and Hemel look like they're going to be competitive, be interesting to see how Stags go against Gateshead today - if i wasnt at Cru Skolars i'd go and watch that! Jury still out on Gloucester, they seem to have the youngest team...

#19 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

It was a bit of a strange game at Oxford. The first half was played in heavy showers with defences dominant. The second half opened up a bit. What sticks in my mind was the amount of time Oxford spent in possession camped in the S Wales 30, without ever looking that dangerous. I think three of their tries came from breaks from their own half. At least two of S Wales tries came from bad defensive errors. S Wales did look a bit more threatening in possession though. Shame Oxford couldn't make the touchline conversion after their last minute try, I thought a draw would've been fair myself.

I loved the ground, quaint but more than adequate for that level A stand on each side holding about 700, plus a cricket -style pavilion with some more seating in one corner. Together with the mile and a half stroll through town from the station it makes for a very picturesque setting. Beats the equivalent from Wood Green tube station to New River stadium that's for certain.

Put a few snaps up on Facebook, low res ones from my phone unfortunatley, forgot to take my camera.  :(

https://www.facebook...11099313&type=1

Agree with all of this. Will be a great day out in the summer if the sun ever arrives.

A really enjoyable day. First time I've seen pitch advertising at a league game for a brand of champagne.

Good mix of first time league fans, club supporters and league fans stranded in the south, grateful for a chance to see some live action.

#20 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

All Golds v Oldham looks to be under 100 here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users