Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What puts a spark in your life?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Same with me but Whitby instead of St Ives. Despite living in Yorkshire all my life I never went to Whitby until I was 32. Love the place.

Went to Whitby one Easter weekend and such was the freezing, wet weather, we turned back when on our way to the ruins. Been again since and love the place. I also love Seahouses further up the coast. One area of outstanding beauty is the Trough of Bowland. 

#62 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,889 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

I was at CPL down Scully Lane earlier. I've had plenty of my sparks in my life this afty.

Forgot to ask them if the yard lights were still working.

Been working there this past two or three weeks. Ken, the manager, was good enough to lend me his Hull FC passes so I could get some cheap Manc weekend tickets for some pals.

Have a chat about RL next time you're down there, he's the bloke that looks like he's trying to smuggle out several sacks of coal down his shirt.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#63 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

The Sun is always present in the daylight hours, even if behind a cloud!

Usually hacking someone's phone.

At the moment not even a 44-40 win can get me too high at the mo, but thanks Bill for trying, see you on one rl
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#64 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,397 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Whitby's great, but can get very crowded. Ditto Robin Hood's Bay, ever since it became much easier to get to with the main road. We used to get there driving over the Moors, where you got the completely surreal sight of the giant golf balls at RAF Fylingdales, slowly appearing over the horizon.

fylingdales.jpg

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#65 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Turns out after reading all these posts, I'm very dull!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#66 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,889 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Turns out after reading all these posts, I'm very dull!

If only you'd asked first, we could have saved you a bit of time.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#67 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,896 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Whitby's great, but can get very crowded. Ditto Robin Hood's Bay, ever since it became much easier to get to with the main road. We used to get there driving over the Moors, where you got the completely surreal sight of the giant golf balls at RAF Fylingdales, slowly appearing over the horizon.

fylingdales.jpg

along with one of the reasons for the near death of the UK automotive industry on the right ofthe pic.

I love the hole of Horcum. I used to take the kids walking down it and then on to Levisham: an eerie but stunning experience, a bit like Arthur Con Doyle's lost world.

We used to holiday in one of the camping coaches on the NYMR at Goathlnd. It was wonderful. You got free travel on the railway and te coaches were converted dining cars. Happy days.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#68 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

fylingdales.jpg

The warning station at Menwith Hill was much the same. Female protest groups lived for some years nearby in run-down caravans, whilst protesting against the US who leased the site. Years later, other protesters were fighting for the giant golf balls to stay when under the threat of the demolition ball! 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 15 April 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#69 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

The warning station at Menwith Hill was much the same. Female protest groups lived for some years nearby in run-down caravans, whilst protesting against the US who leased the site. Years later, other protesters were fighting for the giant golf balls to stay when under the threat of the demolition ball! 

Fantastic place Menwith Hill,had many a good 4th of July there.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#70 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Fantastic place Menwith Hill,had many a good 4th of July there.

And a fabulous journey over the moors. 

#71 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

And a fabulous journey over the moors. 

Oh yes.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#72 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,050 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

fylingdales.jpg

All gone! It's all phased arrays now!

#73 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Oh yes.

Always stopped at Dick Turpin's on the way for some tasty grub. 

#74 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Wiring summat up incorrectly often does it for me.

Comments like this remind me why I love you!

Things that put a spark in my life:

My brother. He has grown into a wonderful person against the odds and he makes me very proud.

My friends. If someone is my friend it means the world to me and I hold them dear.

My cats, they make my house a real home.

Walking in the sea, at 2am in the middle of winter. No other feeling makes me feel alive quite like that.

The wind as felt from St. Mary's Church yard on the cliff-top in Whitby.

Sitting in St. Mark's Square, drinking whiskey, on a warm night.

The epiphany moment of finding something, or having an idea that is crucial to my research.

The look in someone's eye at that moment when they couldn't possibly be any more in love with you. I remember that being sublime.

:)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#75 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,896 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

having peoples' tea ready for them when they get in and listening to the chat and banter at tea time.

a new writing project

having a real good #### shower and shave and putting on a sharp suit and a vintage ben sherman

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 16 April 2013 - 10:15 AM.

Keeping it local

#76 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

having a real good #### shower and shave and putting on a sharp suit and a vintage ben sherman

A bit much for watching Jeremy Kyle and Cash in the Attic isn't it?

:P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#77 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Reading this thread I realise that nothing really gets me 'up' anymore. I enjoy my life but I can't remember the last time I had that feeling of true joy, like when you were a child. Probably seeing Explosions in the Sky play live, but I had a little, ahem, help there.
Fides invicta triumphat

#78 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

seeing Explosions in the Sky play live.

Noodletastic mate.  Very jealous.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#79 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Noodletastic mate.  Very jealous.

Late afternoon/evening around sunset, early September, perfect sky, Larmer Tree Gardens, small intimate festival - was magical.

Fleet Foxes, Steve Earl and Tallest Man on Earth were also on the bill.
Fides invicta triumphat

#80 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,896 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

A bit much for watching Jeremy Kyle and Cash in the Attic isn't it?

:P

Standards dear boy standards
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users