Tetleys Challenge Cup Rd4

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Funny thing only 400 there today you watch if we draw SL watch em come out of the woodwork.

#42 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Great second half, great result hope we get a home draw in the next round Worky would be nice.

#43 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Just got my breath back. Thought this was a very enjoyable and quite remarkable match between two very committed sides.

At 18 - 6 down thought our lads were going to be outclassed today as the French/Aussies were looking very dangerous every time they were in our half of the field, and on todays evidence if able I would have no hesitation in signing up both nos 7 & 8 who would hold their own in our Championship.

But credit to our lads for digging in and taking the game away from the French, sixteen unanswered points in the second half rattled the opposition and made them lose their composure for half an hour. 

The Knights showed great commitment and teamwork today similar to that shown against Fev, what we need now is for the squad to take that on the road starting next week!

WELL DONE KNIGHTS!!

#44 KNIGHTS2009

KNIGHTS2009
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Very good game today between the two sides thought when Toulouse went 18 - 6 ahead they would win easily but credit to the Knights for coming back for the win.Poor crowd of 431 though poor whatever way you look at it to be honest but yeah the most important thing is we are in the hat for tomorrows draw.
Hopefully we will get a Super League big team at home in the next round.
TOUCH THE MAGIC OF THE YORK CITY KNIGHTS

Posted Image

Posted Image

YORK CITY KNIGHTS CHAMPIONSHIP 1 PLAY OFF FINAL WINNERS 2010

#45 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Gutting really when city who are struggling to stay in the league pull just short of 6000 yesterday , were playing some really good stuff at the minute & deserve better support from the York public ! I travel from just outside Selby & will always support the Knights even though it would be just a easy to go watch Fev or Cas as both are just as close but I'm a York boy born & bred & would never dream of going to Headingley Or Wheldon Road just cos its Super Duper League , I can watch that at home on Sky !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#46 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Was always going to be a tough game, thought Toulouse were a very solid side with some nice plays, No.8 was immense and all their forwards were trying to get the ball away in the tackle. Can easily see how they stuffed Swinton. I thought their heads would drop when we went 8pts up, how wrong and what a great coaches decision by GT to take the 2pts from Tom Carrs long range penalty. It's another win and the fickle York fans now need to get back behind the team, only 400ish there today in the heady days that would have been 1500, there were two lads stood near me today that haven't been for over 2years and a new Knights fan Dave who's just moved from Hull so there's 3 'new' faces, we are winning games that in previous seasons we wouldn't have and I put that down to coaching and team spirit, it's there for all to see at the end when GT joins the players.

Apart from MOM, Loads of strong performers today I'll pick the three that caught my eye, Fordy was a right handful, Ed Smith heart and strength of a Lion and kris Brining probably the reason Jack Lee is playing so well(competition for No.9). Think at times we missed Jack Aldous in defence as he's like a terrier.

Anyhow let's hope the knocks from today's game aren't too bad and pray for a really strong draw in next round( not the Giants please)

Steve56 have you reserved Lionel's seat for the next home game, says he likes sitting with you !

SpanishK says Worky ? For me a big name at home, get a payday and then focus on the league, anyone else ?

Well done the Knights, roll on next week now, about due we gave the Hawks a tonking but will we ?

Edited by ANDYPK, 21 April 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Posted Image

#47 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Great result today ,but till rugby league relises it has to bring promontion and relegation back crowds in the championship will keep falling,because people who are fed up of forking out money when there is nothing at the end of the rainbow accept a meanless trophy at the end of the season.Hope other fans from other clubs start telling the RFL that we can not carry on as we are,because at the moment rugby league will end up with just 1 league with no foundations for future players  to come through to the game.

#48 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Great performance from the lads today , Toulouse were a useful outfit with a few handy players , notably the No.7 & No.8 , last season when we went 12 points down I would fear he worst but something told me that we could turn the game around , what av2nd half performance , Fordy was like a man possesed , Potter ran the ball in superbly , young Kriss Brinning was outstanding ! He's gonna be some player is that kid , thought Aaron Lyons & Jack Pickles deserved a mention , both put a huge stint in today as did Ed Smith, Tom Carr was his usual great self , all this on top of losing Jack Lee & Si Brown for the 2nd half , great determination lads , well done , now lets go sort out Hunslet on their patch next week!
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#49 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Lovely stuff. :D

Posted Image

#50 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Fordy asked afterwards what position I had described him as playing in during the second half. I said 'half back prop', Fordy said it was 'James Ford makes it up as he goes along' - whatever, it was a brilliant display of leadership and will to win.

Superb display from the lads, particularly in the second half. Any number of them could have got MOM. Really impressed with Aaron Lyons and Kris Brining and I'll mention Mr Unsung again, Craig Potter. Love watching Austin 'Tough Cookie' Bell too !!

Right, I now await the Knights offer to sign Eloni Vunakece...

Draws I'd like, Bulls at Home, Hull at the KC, HKR at home, Wigan at theirs, Catalans away.

Draws I'd hate, ruddy Sheffield away on a Friday night ( sorry Tubbs ! ), Workington away, Halifax away, Salford away, London Broncos at home.

Edited by andyacko, 21 April 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#51 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Funny thing only 400 there today you watch if we draw SL watch em come out of the woodwork.

Lets hope they do!

Posted Image

#52 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Solid performance today,especially in the 2nd half.Toulouse showed they are a good team,always looking to offload and the backing up was superb.Do'nt know what G.T.said at half time but the team seemed to up a gear.Brinning and Pickles had great games and these two youngsters surely have great futures in the game. Fordy had his best game for a while.Tom Carr was M.O.M. for me today.Hope the injured players are fit for the Hunslet game next week,lets get this away win hoodoo out of the way.

#53 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hull fc at home would be a great draw.

#54 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Great game, really enjoyed it. Hopefully the injuries are minor and we can kick on next week at Hunslet.

#55 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Cracking game, full credit to the boys for hanging in with players dropping like flies
Thought we deserved the win for a gritty performance, not as slick and polished as we have seen but it was a team effort full of guts and never say die attitude, with the lads turning up time and time again to put their bodies on the line against a decent side.
Some great performances, Tom Carr, Young Dent on the wing, Pickles and Lyons running strong and working hard in "D" with Ed Smith again massive, the kid just gets better week on week.
Great to see Potter making some big drives second half and really getting us on the front foot backed up well by Bell, who's another one that is flourishing with game time but my mom today was Fordy. Thought he led by example today when we need him to show the young bucks what was required and he put in a real captains knock.
Fingers crossed Jack Lee and Brown are fine for the Hawks game next Sunday as they are both vital and playing superbly well at this moment in time.
Word on Toulouse......thought there 6,7 and 8 were fantastic, there 8 was a man mountain and didn't half do some damage with ball in hand, can you imagine him and Nicko in the same line up !!! get the lad signed up....well I can dream.

Cheers and well done Boys, lets hope for a decent draw, I fancy Hull at home, but just nice been in the draw.

Edited by Andy Knight, 21 April 2013 - 09:10 PM.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#56 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

Agree with all of that, happy to see Brinning & Smith getting the praise they deserve, both

brilliant yesterday, Potter is getting better each game, Fordy really led from the front yesterday.

Downside - Browny could be out for 2 - 3 weeks, Lee, Sully, Dent, Lyons, Freer all picked

up injuries yesterday.

Agree with Spanish Knight, Worky at home would do me & sneak through.

Think the Press article said we would have got £5,000 Sponsers money if we lost yesterday,

£10,000 if we lose in the 5th round, so if we got to losing money in the 6th round, assume it

would mean some serious money for the club.

Edited by shades2, 22 April 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#57 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Was always going to be a tough game, thought Toulouse were a very solid side with some nice plays, No.8 was immense and all their forwards were trying to get the ball away in the tackle. Can easily see how they stuffed Swinton. I thought their heads would drop when we went 8pts up, how wrong and what a great coaches decision by GT to take the 2pts from Tom Carrs long range penalty. It's another win and the fickle York fans now need to get back behind the team, only 400ish there today in the heady days that would have been 1500, there were two lads stood near me today that haven't been for over 2years and a new Knights fan Dave who's just moved from Hull so there's 3 'new' faces, we are winning games that in previous seasons we wouldn't have and I put that down to coaching and team spirit, it's there for all to see at the end when GT joins the players.

Apart from MOM, Loads of strong performers today I'll pick the three that caught my eye, Fordy was a right handful, Ed Smith heart and strength of a Lion and kris Brining probably the reason Jack Lee is playing so well(competition for No.9). Think at times we missed Jack Aldous in defence as he's like a terrier.

Anyhow let's hope the knocks from today's game aren't too bad and pray for a really strong draw in next round( not the Giants please)

Steve56 have you reserved Lionel's seat for the next home game, says he likes sitting with you !

SpanishK says Worky ? For me a big name at home, get a payday and then focus on the league, anyone else ?

Well done the Knights, roll on next week now, about due we gave the Hawks a tonking but will we ?

Great result yesterday as they are a fairly decent side.

Yes Andy i have reserved  a seat for Lionel,only thing is it's aboard a jumbo jet on a one way trip to Timbuktoo!!!!!

#58 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Get him a ticket for Catalans Steve but don't give him the return part.

#59 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Highlights from the Knights versus Toulouse game are now on the Knights' website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users