Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Vinnie and James

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

http://www.loverugby...-match-ban.html

Vinnie and james looking at 8 game bans

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

yes it was bad but 8 games seriously. thats ridiculous.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

8 games ain't that the French season? Vinnie won't be going anywhere now

#4 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 823 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

I just seen Slamming Sam Stewart fre Broughtooooonmoors comment on the jam forum wid a smiley face, well he wont be gan to the darkside now will he :D  :D  fully deserves the 8, cotter ran in wid fists flying so suppose he will have to take his punishment. :angry:

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Cotter wont get 8 matches.   He is charged with a grade D offence which carries a 3 - 5 match penalty.    Anderson is charged with a grade F offence which carries an 8+ or a set period of suspension.    The other French player Pau is charged with a grade B offence which is 1 - 2 matches and I think he threw more punches than anyone!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm sorry but I have kids and all that and get the impressionable angle and all that but I think they should give them a game each and just forget about it. It's all part of the game in my eyes. Anyone that's ever played the game knows how easy it is for the red mist to come down even on the most placid player, I'd like to bet neither player bears a grudge over it. Nowt wrong with a bit of a scrap now and again, It's hardly like the Gateshead game where it was all on for a sustained period, just a storm in a teacup IMO.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#7 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Running off the pitch and smacking a player from behind is pretty bad in my eyes and deserves much more than a set to on the pitch

Anyone know what Cotter said to him???

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'd gone seconds before this incident so I can't comment , it's being dealt with , but I do find it completely ridiculous that throwing
a punch is an automatic red card nowadays in our game . A bit of humpty now and again used to be all part of the testosterone fuelled
fun and part of the physical battle . I still watch great Origin punch ups on YouTube ! Not politically correct but there you go .

#9 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 823 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Running off the pitch and smacking a player from behind is pretty bad in my eyes and deserves much more than a set to on the pitch

Anyone know what Cotter said to him???

I called him a Jameater :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#10 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Well done pal and that was it!

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

The French prop Tyrone Pau, sin-binned against us, accepted an early guilty plea and got 1 match suspension.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

3 Matches for James Robinson then,anyone know  what  Vinnie Anderson got?

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#13 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

5 games and £50 fine. Tony h just tweeted

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

5 games and £50 fine. Tony h just tweeted

should have been 8 games.

#15 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

I know. I bet cotter would have got 8 being in andrsons position

#16 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Nah 5 is enough, it was just a scrap. Move on lads.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#17 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

I know. I bet cotter would have got 8 being in andrsons position

Really? Why's that then?

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

i think the 3 games should of been the maximum for both players.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

I do . Unsavoury but temporary and things like this have happened in our game down the decades - look at Blair and Stewart on you tube having a similar go on the sidelines in the NRL . We're over sanitising our game in my opinion. No shoulder charge , penalties for dominant defence , zero tolerance on punching etc . Ridiculous .Fights happen and always will . Part of the testosterone , part of the entertainment . give it and take it , accept it and move on .Bad tackles are far worse . And big bans aren't gonna stop the red mist descending anyway .

Edited by DavidM, 17 April 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#20 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Bousquets elbow was as serious as you get on a rugby field! Good result for Anderson not so much Cotter probably shows what a personal appearance and a high profile Lawyer can do for you
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users