TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup volunteers

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Firstly, what a very professional set up the interviews were. The communication in the lead up to it, the venue and the feel good factor of everybody there were all first class.

anyway, I'm in! dead chuffed and really can't wait.

anybody else involved?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well done mate, hope you enjoy it!

#3 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm in to can't wait to start
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I left it too late to apply. :(

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,122 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Firstly, what a very professional set up the interviews were. The communication in the lead up to it, the venue and the feel good factor of everybody there were all first class.

anyway, I'm in! dead chuffed and really can't wait.

anybody else involved?

A professional set up? And you got in?  :blink:

I take it that no CRB checks are carried out then.  :D

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#6 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

A professional set up? And you got in?  :blink:

I take it that no CRB checks are carried out then.  :D

Fella who interviewed me tipped me off " Put Hull down and you're in - no other ###### wants to work there"
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

...and the feel good factor of everybody there were all first class.

How many (-ish) where there*? A few? Dozens? More than will turn up to Wheldon Rd tomorrow? :ph34r:

(* I'm not sure where 'there' was!)

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

... and congrats.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

How many (-ish) where there*? A few? Dozens? More than will turn up to Wheldon Rd tomorrow? :ph34r:

(* I'm not sure where 'there' was!)

Posted Image

#10 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

It's the "Wish Communications Stadium"

Anyway, difficult to know as all the interviews had a specific time slot. Mine was at 6pm so no idea how many had gone through during the day.

I was told that they were looking for 1,000 volunteers in total

Posted Image

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Congratulations mate, and to anyone else who's involved. I hope you all have the month of your lives!

Posted Image

#12 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Congrats mate.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

What does being a volunteer entail?

(A friend of mine was an Olympic Games Maker and I don't even know what she did!)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

What does being a volunteer entail?

(A friend of mine was an Olympic Games Maker and I don't even know what she did!)

it depends on what role you're given

I'm hoping for a role that would involve giving information out to fans. this way I can see what top they're wearing before deciding the best repsonse to give! 

Roles could be simply pointing fans to the right gates etc, getting fans to the gournd from a train station all the way up to Team liaison officer,, hospitality assistant etc etc

Posted Image

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

it depends on what role you're given

I'm hoping for a role that would involve giving information out to fans. this way I can see what top they're wearing before deciding the best repsonse to give! 

Roles could be simply pointing fans to the right gates etc, getting fans to the gournd from a train station all the way up to Team liaison officer,, hospitality assistant etc etc

Righto, ta.

No option as a volunteer to pee into a cup on behalf of the Aussies then?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

I've been assigned, VIP assistant, Hospitality assistant and team leader - well chuffed!

Posted Image

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I've been assigned, VIP assistant, Hospitality assistant and team leader - well chuffed!

Well done,(cough) tickets (cough)

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#18 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

I'm pleased to say that the West Midlands will be represented in the volunteer teams!

Last new RL ground (83): Langtree Park, St Helens - Leeds v Warrington 9/8/14

#19 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

as I said to you in twitterdom, well done  :)

So.....showing your new coach BG to his seat, making him a brew....

only joking, you'll all have a brilliant time and probably make some friends for life

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#20 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

great result that mate!

Which area is this for (i assume it is based on locations)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users