TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup volunteers

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

great result that mate!
Which area is this for (i assume it is based on locations)

Thanks,

Put my name down for Cardiff, Wembley! Bristol, Headingley and Hudds I think!!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#22 Mr Rugby League

Mr Rugby League
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Congratulations. I have just been assigned my role as well, as a 'sponsorship assistant'. Will you be attending the volunteer get together they are on about in a few weeks?

#23 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

I am going to be a social media assistant and looking forward to being at as many games as possible, though being based in Kent it does mean I am going to have to budget a fair bit for petrol and hotels.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#24 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

I have been assigned Match Day Assistant and Team Leader, but I have also been invited for a second round of interviews for the Team Liason Officer role. I am really excited that Rugby League World Cup is coming to my home town and that Wales are a host nation.

I must also commend the RLWC2013 team on their organisation of the volunteer interviews and their communication with me, keeping me informed of progress and selection. It all bodes well for the competition and the games themselves.  Can't wait!!!

#25 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

any of you lovely people on here?

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#26 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

I'm at the bottom of the E
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Ace!

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 League Express

League Express
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

For those who like to read the official media releases:

RLWC2013 launch ‘Team 13’ volunteer programme

Rugby League World Cup 2013 announced details today of its volunteer programme for the tournament. The volunteers, drawn from across the UK, will work under the name of ‘Team 13’ and all have key roles which will enable RLWC2013 organisers to deliver the best Rugby League World Cup so far.

50 of the 800 total volunteers attended a showcase launch event at Old Trafford, the iconic sporting venue where on November 30 the Rugby League World Cup Final will take place.

RLWC2013’s Team 13 volunteers come from all walks of life, from all age groups and represent almost all of the 25 host venues and training facilities across the UK. They include London 2012 Games Makers, Rugby League fans and administrators, a contingent from Australia and at least one former Rugby League World Cup player.

Jon Dutton, RLWC2013 Operations Director, said: “Our Team 13 volunteers are an integral part of RLWC2013. They will be the first point of contact at stadiums for many of our fans and will also perform key roles at matches and behind the scenes.”

“Both London 2012 and Manchester 2002 proved that volunteers can be the difference between great events and fantastic events. The enthusiasm and expertise we found during the interview process was amazing and we know that with Team 13 we have a great set of volunteers at our disposal.”

“The volunteers come from as far apart as London in the South to Workington in the North, and from St Helens in the North West to Hull on the North East coast. What we are offering them is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take part in a world class event on their own doorsteps. They can take pride in making a difference in their own communities.”

The Team 13 task force will begin their work in mid-October when the teams begin to arrive for RLWC2013 ahead of the first game in Cardiff. The opening ceremony takes place at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday October 26 immediately before England take on Australia and Wales play Italy live on the BBC.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#29 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

I apologise, but I saw the picture and thought it would be nice to share it

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#30 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

I apologise, but I saw the picture and thought it would be nice to share it

i didnt read it as a criticism

#31 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

RLWC2013 launch ‘Team 13’ volunteer programme

Rugby League World Cup 2013 announced details today of its volunteer programme for the tournament. The volunteers, drawn from across the UK, will work under the name of ‘Team 13’ and all have key roles which will enable RLWC2013 organisers to deliver the best Rugby League World Cup so far.

50 of the 800 total volunteers attended a showcase launch event at Old Trafford, the iconic sporting venue where on November 30 the Rugby League World Cup Final will take place.

RLWC2013’s Team 13 volunteers come from all walks of life, from all age groups and represent almost all of the 25 host venues and training facilities across the UK. They include London 2012 Games Makers, Rugby League fans and administrators, a contingent from Australia and at least one former Rugby League World Cup player.

Jon Dutton, RLWC2013 Operations Director, said: “Our Team 13 volunteers are an integral part of RLWC2013. They will be the first point of contact at stadiums for many of our fans and will also perform key roles at matches and behind the scenes.”
“Both London 2012 and Manchester 2002 proved that volunteers can be the difference between great events and fantastic events. The enthusiasm and expertise we found during the interview process was amazing and we know that with Team 13 we have a great set of volunteers at our disposal.”
“The volunteers come from as far apart as London in the South to Workington in the North, and from St Helens in the North West to Hull on the North East coast. What we are offering them is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take part in a world class event on their own doorsteps. They can take pride in making a difference in their own communities.”

The Team 13 task force will begin their work in mid-October when the teams begin to arrive for RLWC2013 ahead of the first game in Cardiff. The opening ceremony takes place at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday October 26 immediately before England take on Australia and Wales play Italy live on the BBC.

I won't believe this is official until Honor needlessly starts a new thread duplicating it.

Great stuff guys, I think to get 800 volunteers is a great effort. I wish I had the time to give over to this, awesome.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#32 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

i didnt read it as a criticism

surely you know me by now Dave, full of insecurities and paranoia

I wish I could be part of team13 , I would love to do it and have the memories from it and meet all the new people along the way - I'm sure it'll be hard work, but I bet it's a cracking role if you can manage to do it - good luck to them all, and thank you in advance for your efforts

#33 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

We all know...

Joking!

And the League Express headline was rather bitchy!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#34 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

We all know...

Joking!

And the League Express headline was rather bitchy!

Please tell me you've volunteered to be scoreboard operator.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#35 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Please tell me you've volunteered to be scoreboard operator.

Sadly not. Nor did they agree to me doing the public address system. Although I would've done a bloody good job at both of them.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#36 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

I wish I could be part of team13 , I would love to do it and have the memories from it and meet all the new people along the way - I'm sure it'll be hard work, but I bet it's a cracking role if you can manage to do it - good luck to them all, and thank you in advance for your efforts

aye me too - gutted I live too far away now and cant commit ti the travelling.

#37 sallywt

sallywt
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

I was there on Saturday and it was a fantastic day.  I'm in the "A".  Can't wait to get started on this and some of us have the lead in with the Festival of World cups in July.

It's an exciting year for the game in this country and I'm going to be involved as much as I possibly can be.  Already booked hotels for Cardiff and Wembley and hoping to work at both of those.

#38 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Found out today that I've got Cardiff, Hull and Wembley!!

Happy days

Oh and I've booked platinum hospitality for the final - cannot wait.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#39 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Had a great training day at the Hive today. The passion and commitment that is on show form the organisers down to the volunteers themselves is outstanding.

After today i simply cannot wait to be part of this fantastic event - even if I have to wear lime green polo shirt!

Posted Image

#40 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

I was there on Saturday and it was a fantastic day.  I'm in the "A".  Can't wait to get started on this and some of us have the lead in with the Festival of World cups in July.

It's an exciting year for the game in this country and I'm going to be involved as much as I possibly can be.  Already booked hotels for Cardiff and Wembley and hoping to work at both of those.

So you're after a career as a hotel manager?

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users