Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

premier sports freeview

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

A fan at the ground commented that the Satellite link up truck hadn't arrived.

Poor show.

it went to DONNY osmand concert by mistake

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#22 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Yes, quite right. This is, in fact, great news for RL coverage. Worldwide. -_-

Did I say it was? Just trying to keep some perspective here...

Posted Image

#23 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Did I say it was? Just trying to keep some perspective here...

Me too.

It's a poor show, not the end of the world. If they come up with 'circumstances beynd our control' for not screening a world cup game, let's see the reaction.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#24 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Me too.

It's a poor show, not the end of the world. If they come up with 'circumstances beynd our control' for not screening a world cup game, let's see the reaction.

I'm with you there Ted!

Posted Image

#25 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Which 'freeview' channel is it on? Or is it free to view on the sky platform?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#26 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Which 'freeview' channel is it on? Or is it free to view on the sky platform?

The game finished 10 minutes ago and wasn't screened because of a premier sports balls up

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#27 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

donc 12 fev 28 by the way

#28 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

The game finished 10 minutes ago and wasn't screened because of a premier sports balls up

It was however to be aired as free to view on Sky's platform, they instead showed SW Scorpians v NW Crusaders from Easter weekend instead.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#29 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

It's a company called Televideo that do the game for Premier Sports same as IMG will do the World Cup. Methinks the Televideo Satellite truck driver will get it in the neck from his employers. At least the game was recorded.

About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#30 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

It's a company called Televideo that do the game for Premier Sports same as IMG will do the World Cup. Methinks the Televideo Satellite truck driver will get it in the neck from his employers. At least the game was recorded.

So he should!  Televideo will have a contract with Premier Sports and they have managed to embarrass Premier Sports on the day following the world cup announcement. 

#31 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

They are responsible for delivering their schedule. They can't just blame someone else without explanation. Still, now I can watch real rugby, not the prima Donna Superleague wannabees of Fev.

Two an afe hours and no bite..... ah well!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#32 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,831 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

There's time yet! :-)

#33 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

Anyone subscribing to Premier on the basis of the free to air live game tonight?

Na me neither.

#34 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Anyone subscribing to Premier on the basis of the free to air live game tonight?

Na me neither.

Then that's your loss! We have a channel that shows 9 RL games every week and are planning to increase that output by showing classic NRL Finals and State of Origin games and you won't subscribe because a driver got lost on the way to Donny.

#35 kapow

kapow
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

Is Premier Sports broadcast in HD yet?

#36 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

I don't subscribe to premier cos it's on the sky platform, otherwise I probably would have done.

But from what I've seen of it on streaming, it does appear an amateurish production and the commentary crew is not the best I've ever heard. Last night's cock up isn't a great advert for their subscription to be honest but I suppose they do broadcast and appear committed to RL and any exposure is better than no exposure.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#37 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

Not good at all last night but PS is fantastic value for money if you're a RL fan. The more that subscribe the better it will become. Dave Woods and his team are far better than the Sky mob in my opinion.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#38 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

I will subscribe to premier sports the minute promotion and relegation to SL is announced.

I can cope without HD but not meaningless games. P&R will bring a whole new dimension to games on premier. Remember that prem sports did not have RL before it was ditched

Do most pubs have premier sports btw?

#39 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Not good at all last night but PS is fantastic value for money if you're a RL fan. The more that subscribe the better it will become. Dave Woods and his team are far better than the Sky mob in my opinion.

I still love Sky - I like the fact that they are always at the forefront of technology - they brought us games in HD and 3D first. They delivered the video ref via big screens first (remember the BBC red and green light thingy?). They give us a hell of a lot of coverage throughout the year, including adverts in prime time shows on their biggest channels (Sky 1 and Movies as well as sports and Sky News), coverage on SSN, and generally treat us like a serious sport - let's not forget how the BBC used to treat us, and still do in certain respects.

That said, Premier is excellent coverage, and in the past we have talked about things like a RL channel - if they did grow to the point where they could pay large fees for SL then we could truly have a RL channel in all but name.

What shouldn't be sniffed at though is that the amount of coverage on TV (Terrestrial and Pay) is astounding these days.

We have:

2 SL games per week

1 Championship game per week

8 NRL games per week

Approx 8-10 Challenge Cup games a year

Live State of Origin

Live Anzac Test

Full international coverage (28 live games in this years WC)

Weekly Tries Show

Weekly SL Chat show

Weekly magazine show
Weekly Superstars show (really enjoyed the Ben Westwood one last night btw)

Weekly BBC magazine show

Personally I'm delighted that we have 3 broadcasters that want to show our game, and in general treat it with respect.

#40 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

I enjoyed the SWS v NWC game.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users