Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

premier sports freeview

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

i don't. Though in fact we don't know what went wrong..we only think we do. We do know, though that Premier Sport claimed " circumstances beyond our control."

I realise that this is hardly the greatest challenge facing mankind but if I am thinking of subscribing, reliability is something that interests me

It isn't ideal but its hardly a case of PS needing to get their act together before it makes sense for RL fans to subscribe. During the season your looking at getting 9 games a week for £2.50 that less than 30p a game. They make take some time to get over some teething troubles but if I had to make a choice of Sky Sports or PS as it stands its PS hands down.

#62 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

its a shame one of these tv broadcasters couldnt pick up the french league to screen over here.

Chief Crazy Eagle

#63 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,082 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

It isn't ideal but its hardly a case of PS needing to get their act together before it makes sense for RL fans to subscribe. During the season your looking at getting 9 games a week for £2.50 that less than 30p a game. They make take some time to get over some teething troubles but if I had to make a choice of Sky Sports or PS as it stands its PS hands down.

quite so. I'm just ###### that I could not see the doyen of Fev fans Mr Pencil live on there,  free of charge :D

#64 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Agree 100% with Dave T's comment about how many games you get to see, it is great value and by far my favourite sports channel. The nature of TV is that mistakes do happen when doing live broadcasts. The BBC totally misjudged their Jubilee coverage; no_one seriously suggested they should be stripped of covering the Olympics. The Rugby Union World Cup seemed happy enough to trust ITV despite that company having a habit of missing important goals. Channel 4 looked the wrong broadcaster to be covering the Paralympics after some dreadful coverage of the world athletics championships but come the main event they were outstanding.
It seems silly
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#65 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Agree 100% with Dave T's comment about how many games you get to see, it is great value and by far my favourite sports channel. The nature of TV is that mistakes do happen when doing live broadcasts. The BBC totally misjudged their Jubilee coverage; no_one seriously suggested they should be stripped of covering the Olympics. The Rugby Union World Cup seemed happy enough to trust ITV despite that company having a habit of missing important goals. Channel 4 looked the wrong broadcaster to be covering the Paralympics after some dreadful coverage of the world athletics championships but come the main event they were outstanding.
It seems silly to decide not to see world class athletes and exciting games on the basis of one bad day at the office.

Edited by flyingking, 13 April 2013 - 11:55 PM.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users