Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton Prediction?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Sorry I wont be there., but I think they should know our concerns by now.

Barry doesn't come on here, so i very much doubt that he does know your concerns, its shame you cant make it Frisky you could have asked him direct about the things you've highlighted.

Again, if anyone wants to ask Barry any questions or give him your thoughts on anything, be in the Phoenix Suite, Wednesday 7:30pm

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#62 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Remember Eaton has 3 assistant coaches working with him. I take that these are paid so do HIST feel comfortable in paying them ?--- we have the lads running HIST working their ***** off  to keep the club going. The only way we will increase support is out on the playing field-- but regular supporters are ashamed to see us ship so many tries in the early stages of a game eg Doncaster, Keighley and now Swinton..
On paper the 17 we fielded on Sunday should have been able to beat any team in our Division.-- I note others have mentione the below par performances of two of our better players MARCH and GRIMSHAW --at present it looks as if grimmers brain is faster than his legs--ie he sees the gaps but isn't fast enough to go through them.
Looking forward to Sunday, I note the Catalans scored over 40 at St Helens, so anything less than 100 will be an achievement by us.Think its time the coach listened to the supporters who are not happy bunnies before the head hunting gets personal I would not be disappointed to see both these lads dropped if in your opinion they where not producing the performances expected of them I wasn't at the game or have I spoken to the lads but no one is above being replaced. There is still a long season ahead so rather than bring these two to their knees bring in somebody who will be better at this present moment in time they will man up form is an up and down think but talent never leaves onwards and upwards.

chappy

#63 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Grimmer on a bad day is better than most of them on a good day, i think we all expect him to ghost through everytime he touches the ball ! Hes still the "Go" to man in this team, hes not a kicker and probably would admit that, kept us up virtually single handed the season before last and his defence has saved many a try, so lets get the lads confidence up !

Posted Image

#64 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Grimmer on a bad day is better than most of them on a good day, i think we all expect him to ghost through everytime he touches the ball ! Hes still the "Go" to man in this team, hes not a kicker and probably would admit that, kept us up virtually single handed the season before last and his defence has saved many a try, so lets get the lads confidence up !

the problem isn't what he does when he gets the ball or his defence, the problem is he's barely touching the ball at the moment. he probably touched the ball 10 times yesterday, which isn't enough for a player with his skill.

#65 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

I,ll agree he was quiet yesterday by his own standards, probably the bombed try at Batley after a brilliant break downhill has knocked his confidence a bit, the next away match up at Worky now becomes vital to have him back at his best.We could do without the Catalans match tbh the main thing is not to pick up any injuries.

Posted Image

#66 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

So we give another team,a whopping good start,and yet again fail to overcome it,,,,when are our coaching team going to sort this affliction we have , yesterday should be another wake up call,cure it or we go down,its quite simple,do or die. FORGET THE CATALANS GAME,its the york game that is now massive,for god sake get the team focused from the 1st minute to the 80th,an all out battle to victory,and get our season going again,not bonus points 3 points,pride in the shirt,we are hunslet.    

#67 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

spot on the last comment

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#68 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

So we give another team,a whopping good start,and yet again fail to overcome it,,,,when are our coaching team going to sort this affliction we have , yesterday should be another wake up call,cure it or we go down,its quite simple,do or die. FORGET THE CATALANS GAME,its the york game that is now massive,for god sake get the team focused from the 1st minute to the 80th,an all out battle to victory,and get our season going again,not bonus points 3 points,pride in the shirt,we are hunslet.

completly agree

#69 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

We're not far from being a very good team in my opinion, we just need to start games better and cut out the verbals to the officials cause were being hammered in the penalty count through gobbling off at refs. I don't no if its the pre match perpetration that's the problem but we seem to be 16-0 down in a flash. Put that rite and we'll be fine

COME ON THE HUNS!!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#70 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

We're not far from being a very good team in my opinion, we just need to start games better and cut out the verbals to the officials cause were being hammered in the penalty count through gobbling off at refs. I don't no if its the pre match perpetration that's the problem but we seem to be 16-0 down in a flash. Put that rite and we'll be fine

COME ON THE HUNS!!!!!

Agree mate, we started terrible at Swinton and the first half was really poor, but second half we played some of the best attacking rugby ive seen this season, we scored 6 tries second half and if the game would have been for another 5 minutes we would have won it, we just need to start games better and be on the front foot from the kick off, we cant afford to be giving teams 18 nil starts. Yes, we were all disappointed with Sunday, but we are still only 1 win of 6th place, the season is very much still in our own hands, if we can start games well, i still think we have enough to finish in the top 8 and make the playoffs.

We have players going through poor form at the minute, thats a fact but we need to get behind them in our next few games and support them as much as we can to make sure we beat both York and Workington.

Il be asking Barry at the AGM tonight why he thinks we are starting slowly and what he and the staff are going to do to make sure it improves.

Id suggest all the other people on here who have had a moan or are not happy with things on the pitch to come tonight and ask your questions and make your thoughts known, as ive said, Barry doesnt come on here so it falls on death ears, so make the effort to come down to tonight's AGM and ask your questions, i know for a fact Barry will welcome all questions and will answer them as open and honestly as he can.

AGM, TONIGHT, Phoenix Suite, 8:00 Start!

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 17 April 2013 - 08:43 AM.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#71 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

Thought it was HIST members only tonight Gaz?

#72 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

It is hist members only, your phone working now????
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#73 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

It is Daz, but anyone can turn up and join HIST on the night to gain entry to the AGM, well worth it to get an insight on everything happening at the club from the club finances to the Leeds partnership, all questions will be answered all information will be produced on the night.