Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Signing

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 821 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

It says on the darkside forum that Liam Campbell is signing for them!! Barroooow lads are saying he is going now were, I would have thought that he would cost to much, but then again they have been known to splash other peoples cash about ;)

#2 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

It says on the darkside forum that Liam Campbell is signing for them!! Barroooow lads are saying he is going now were, I would have thought that he would cost to much, but then again they have been known to splash other peoples cash about ;)

wouldnt mind nathan mossop aswell says on barrow forum he could be leaving soon and youve got matty and callum so wont need him

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

liams a quality player where ever he plays. if he leaves barrow there basically throwing the towel in.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Liam Campbell is apparently now living in Whitehaven but even if he was to leave Barrow I would have thought he would have come back to Town where he was liked by the fans.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Oh please .

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Liam Campbell is apparently now living in Whitehaven but even if he was to leave Barrow I would have thought he would have come back to Town where he was liked by the fans.

i dont know keith, he didnt show us much loyalty when he left after wed stood by him.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

You'd still like to see him doing his thing behind our pack . Has great pacy attacking zip and line breaking threat which we lack there . Plays so direct , and could do that to full effect off our go forward . Nice thought but that's all it is for now .

Edited by DavidM, 12 April 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#8 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well Liam has lived in Whitehaven since he came back from Wakefield shows how much you know

#9 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

How long do we give Coyle to show something?  I can't see a massive transformation coming in the near future.

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Well Liam has lived in Whitehaven since he came back from Wakefield shows how much you know

Well, fancy that, but there again I don't stalk players like you Choccy.    ;)  ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 Ben10

Ben10
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

wouldnt mind nathan mossop aswell says on barrow forum he could be leaving soon and youve got matty and callum so wont need him

Nathan is def staying at barrow. If it for whatever reason it don't work out at barrow he will go back to millom.

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

How long do we give Coyle to show something? I can't see a massive transformation coming in the near future.

not another minute unless forber gets injured.

#13 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Coyle is a waste of space as far as I'm concerned he has done nothing in a town shirt apart from wear it Forber is a miles better hb offers more to the team. I would love to have Liam Campbell back at town but I don't think he will leave barrow

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Forber has improved and shown himself more deserving of the jumper between the two , but I'd like to see Connor tried there .
Physically and in skill sets he looks a born half.

#15 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

I would try Connor and Forber

#16 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

i think connor was due a stab at halfback last week , but bretts withdrawal changed the team selection again at the last minute.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Best laid plans hey pal ?!

#18 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

how long is it gonna take GC & MO to give Connor a start in the halves? IMO our weak link is in the Halves at the moment. i wasn't a big CF fan but i told my hands up and admit he has done well for us this season. we need to get a settled duo that works and i don't see coyle in that first choice duo.

#19 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

coyle seems an honest enough player ,but we need more zip than he has to offer.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#20 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

coyle seems an honest enough player ,but we need more zip than he has to offer.

agree bomber plus we need a settled duo in the halves
that is important in any team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users