Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wakefield New Stadium

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

You can view the elevation plans for the new stadium here

http://cominoweb.wak...M&viewdocs=true

Before the sceptics get going, these are not another artists impression but the actuall submitted plans for the stadium at Newmarket.

This is a link to the WMDC Planning Portal and the documents are those which the Public Inquiry called for.

Everything has been submitted and a significant payment made.

Edited by OMEGA, 12 April 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#2 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Not being sceptical. .. but where do you think you get 'artists impressions' from?

Cummins Out.

#3 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,320 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Not being sceptical. .. but where do you think you get 'artists impressions' from?

Fag packets?beer mats?backs of envelopes?

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 12 April 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#4 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Artists?

rldfsignature.jpg

#5 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

In the past I think some of them were knocked up on a computer in the back office at Belle Vue.

It's easy and cheap to knock up an image that newspapers can attach to an article but these are actual drawings from the architect which have been submitted to the Wakefield Metropolitan District Councils planning department as part of a much larger set of documents.

#6 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,429 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

You can view the elevation plans for the new stadium here
http://cominoweb.wak...gDocuments.page

Before the sceptics get going, these are not another artists impression but the actuall submitted plans for the stadium at Newmarket.

This is a link to the WMDC Planning Portal and the documents are those which the Public Inquiry called for.

Everything has been submitted and a significant payment made.

An actuall (sic) submitted plan? It's virtually built then. ;)

Seriously, not sure that link is working.

A Fev Blog

#7 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

An actuall (sic) submitted plan? It's virtually built then. ;)

Seriously, not sure that link is working.

Edited the link

OK well maybe they should just put the stadium up overnight without adhering to the planning process or referring to any plans.

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

https://planning.wak...l=MKMABOQQ06X00

Actual document: http://cominoweb.wak...content=obj.pdf

Edited by brooza, 12 April 2013 - 03:21 PM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

not being sceptical but Cas have detailed architects drawings and planning permission

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#10 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Still a fair way to go before it becomes a reality although everything I've heard sounds positive. Having said that I'm not sure how far up nice shiny new stadiums are on the RFL's agenda is these days.

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS, 12 April 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#11 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

not being sceptical but Cas have detailed architects drawings and planning permission

The difference being that you've had them for years and years and everyone now knows that you aren't going to build the stadium.

Under the auspices of the PI the developers at Newmarket were obliged to submit these plans and make a substantial payment LAST WEEK and did so. If we're still in the same position in nearly 4 years time I'll be as sceptical as the next man. In the meantime, The Developers can only follow the prescribed route through the planning process.

Whilst I nod in acknowledgment about the false dawns and scrapped stadium schemes of the past, Wakefield Trinity and it's partners have never been this far down the route of a new stadium, have never been this close before and there's never been a fraction of this amount of money, time or effort put into a new stadium.

#12 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

not dismissing that in any way, and the words I'm hearing are all positive for Wakey, I was merely pointing out that the plans in the OP don't tell anybody a great deal
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#13 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,429 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Edited the link

OK well maybe they should just put the stadium up overnight without adhering to the planning process or referring to any plans.

Ok well maybe Wakey shouldn't have lied so much about previous plans over the past decade or more, then folks wouldn't be so cynical.

I genuinely hope you get a new ground.

A Fev Blog

#14 Trinity

Trinity
  • Coach
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Which lies?
Posted Image

#15 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,429 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Which lies?

Sigh.

Omega seems to know what he's talking about and he says

In the past I think some of them were knocked up on a computer in the back office at Belle Vue.

that for me, suggests that efforts by the previous board at Wakey were dishonest. Those lies.

A Fev Blog

#16 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Is this an all-seater then? Or mixed? And if so, which stands will be terraced?

I think if any new stadium is going to be partly terraced, they should copy the Wire model of one down the side and one on the end and not the Leigh/Saints model of having then on the ends. Offers far more variety then.

What capacity are we looking at here?
Posted Image

#17 raoul

raoul
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm working on a job with Dla as lead designers at the moment. Our site plan is quite similar in that there is the building we are building shown in more detail than the 2 units attached tho the development that have yet to be sold. What concerns me is that this development is dependant on the adjoining sheds being bought up first if my understanding is correct. I'll have a word with my contacts at Dla and see where they are with finding a client. By the way, I really hope it gets built and I would love to work on it.

#18 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Sigh.

Omega seems to know what he's talking about and he says

that for me, suggests that efforts by the previous board at Wakey were dishonest. Those lies.

That's a strange conclusion to arrive at from what I said!
I've never once inferred that previous attempts at developing a stadium were lies, you've read what you want into it even though there's no suggestion of deceit whatsoever.

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Lovely stuff, this stage of planning permission is a mere formality isn't it?

Well done to all concerned to get this far!

Posted Image

#20 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'm working on a job with Dla as lead designers at the moment. Our site plan is quite similar in that there is the building we are building shown in more detail than the 2 units attached tho the development that have yet to be sold. What concerns me is that this development is dependant on the adjoining sheds being bought up first if my understanding is correct.
I'll have a word with my contacts at Dla and see where they are with finding a client.
By the way, I really hope it gets built and I would love to work on it.

Your understanding is no longer 100% correct!

The sale or lease of the units, which was once THE essential prerequisite to releasing the funding, whilst still a major source of finance it is now less crucial to the stadium project, at worst It now acts as a cast iron safety net, as laid out within the PI.

Since the SoS rubber stamped the OPP there have been further major developments in terms of new partners coming on board and hence new funding sources becoming available.
Some of these new partners offer exciting improvements to the sports and stadia development and make that part of the project much more significant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users