Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wakefield New Stadium

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well, it certainly sounds more concrete than anything else so far.

Good luck, Trinity. Hope it all goes smoothly from now on.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#22 WakefieldCityLoyal

WakefieldCityLoyal
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Everything is looking good and from what I'm hearing Sir Rodney Walker's hard work is paying off with new partners wanting to be involved in the project.

#23 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

That's a strange conclusion to arrive at from what I said!
I've never once inferred that previous attempts at developing a stadium were lies, you've read what you want into it even though there's no suggestion of deceit whatsoever.

Not really. Previous plans were far from 100% serious but were marketed as such.

OTherwise, why would it have taken 14 years to get where you are today?

Somewhere along the line a few exagerrations slipped in, the odd porkie, a dash of wishful thinking and a dose of pure fantasy. I think there were times when the old board were economical with the truth about what was going on. YOu think not, but happily report that things sold to the public as serious building plans were simply knocked up on a PC at Belle Vue. Ho hum.

A Fev Blog

#24 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

In the past I think some of them were knocked up on a computer in the back office at Belle Vue.

It's easy and cheap to knock up an image that newspapers can attach to an article but these are actual drawings from the architect which have been submitted to the Wakefield Metropolitan District Councils planning department as part of a much larger set of documents.

YOu think not, but happily report that things sold to the public as serious building plans were simply knocked up on a PC at Belle Vue. Ho hum.

I never mentioned "serious building plans", I said it wouldn't surprise me if the artists impressions used alongside Media releases were knocked up on a computer at Belle Vue?

You keep making it up as you go along if you like but it's become evident that you've got a bug up your A$$ about it and you're making yourself look foolish.

Edited by OMEGA, 12 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#25 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,022 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

its perfectly possible to knock up decent plans on a computer at Belle Vue or anywhere else these day.  So all the best to Wakefield and I trust all their hard work pays off.

#26 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I never mentioned "serious building plans", I said it wouldn't surprise me if the artists impressions used alongside Media releases were knocked up on a computer at Belle Vue?

You keep making it up as you go along if you like but it's become evident that you've got a bug up your A$$ about it and you're making yourself look foolish.

Not really. It ain't me who's been promising a ground for over a decade. Excuse me for not getting as excited as you are, until things get beyond the submitted plans stage. As I previously said, I hope it gets built.

Bug up my anus? Making myself look foolish? Making it up? Do yourself a favour......

A Fev Blog

#27 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Not really. It ain't me who's been promising a ground for over a decade. Excuse me for not getting as excited as you are, until things get beyond the submitted plans stage. As I previously said, I hope it gets built.

Bug up my anus? Making myself look foolish? Making it up? Do yourself a favour......

I'm not asking or expecting anyone to get excited, anoher imagined aspect of the thread, I'm merely posting an update along with some drawings for those who genuinely want RL to be better than it is.

People can read the thread and make their own mind up.

#28 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

"now acts as a cast iron safety net"

Odd material to craft a safety net out of....
Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#29 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Great news. I look forward to visiting the new digs in the future. I think when they move into this new home and start generating decent revenue, I predict Wakey could become the new Warringtn and push into the upper echelons of the game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

I hope this is built after alot of false dawns over the last few years. Good news for Wakey fans.I note on the drawings there is to be a P&R scheme and 800 car parking spaces. Where is the other end of the P&R scheme?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#31 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,138 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

I hope this is built after alot of false dawns over the last few years. Good news for Wakey fans.I note on the drawings there is to be a P&R scheme and 800 car parking spaces. Where is the other end of the P&R scheme?

Castleford

#32 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

It's my understanding that the P & R scheme runs from the Wakefield City Centre bus station which is a very large modern station with shops such as WH Smiths, Thurstons and a large Cafe. It's also right next to the new market (no pun intended) and just adjacent to the brand new Trinity Walk shopping complex (maybe fate is trying to tell us something).

If you were travelling to Wakefield by train then there's also a free city bus that runs every 15 minutes from the train to the bus station, however you could walk the same journey in 6 or 7 minutes.

By car you would be straight off the M62 and into the car park.

#33 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I note on the drawings there is to be a P&R

Wakey in push for return to promotion and relegation shocker? ;) :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#34 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Not being sceptical. .. but where do you think you get 'artists impressions' from?

Artists?

Impressionists

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users