Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'm surprised that there has been no discussion regarding our prospects on Sunday. Is this a reflection of swaggering confidence, shuddering pessimism or increasing apathy? I could live with the first two but the last one would worry me greatly.

I reckon that we'll come out on top this time by 6 points following a blistering opening quarter, stuttering second 20, rejuvenated third 20 then a worryingly inept finish. Does this sound familiar?

Att: 649

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#2 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm surprised that there has been no discussion regarding our prospects on Sunday. Is this a reflection of swaggering confidence, shuddering pessimism or increasing apathy? I could live with the first two but the last one would worry me greatly.

I reckon that we'll come out on top this time by 6 points following a blistering opening quarter, stuttering second 20, rejuvenated third 20 then a worryingly inept finish. Does this sound familiar?

Sounds a bit like Yorks game plan. lol

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

You been watching our videos...?!

:D

Posted Image

#4 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Think it will be a tight game with a lot of Rams players back from injury, so win by 4points for the Rams.

#5 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

All depends on which Dewsbury and York team turns up. Both have had an up and down season so far. York beat fev but then came within a whisker of losing in the CC. I wouldn't like to guess no result would surprise me, could be a 30 point win by either side.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#6 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

York just cant play away from home we struggled at Blackbrook, got hammered at Batley and Sheffield, both Barrow and Keighley were bottom till they played York, yet we beat Fev only just got beat by Fax a game we should have won and beat Swinton and Worky easy at home.

#7 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Should be a gud un.

#8 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

York are good at home but poor away, only just lost at home to fax and beat fev and like the York fan said hammerd swinton and workington at home. Not an easy game, non are so to get the 3 points we need to be at our best

#9 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

In view of York's home form, I reckon they will win and we will slip a little more down the ladder.

York 28 - 12 Dewsbury

Att: 622

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#10 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

If the Knights can hold thier form that they showed against Fev and Swinton then we should see a entertaining game,providing both teams get a fair crack from the man in the middle, a certain G Stokes.

In view of York's home form, I reckon they will win and we will slip a little more down the ladder.

York 28 - 12 Dewsbury

Att: 622

#11 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Cant see this game bucking the trend
a collection of bad results today could see us plumbet 3 league places...roll downwards to continue

york 34 dewbury 16

att 748

#12 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

If the York team have all duel - reg players from Hull then i can't see us getting much from the game,we might have a bit more experience in the pack with Jones back in the team.I will go for York 26 - Rams 10. Might be better if we don't score first like we have in the last few league games.

#13 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Latest score York 22- rams 16
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#14 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

23-16

[

#15 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

29-20 ft

[

#16 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

29-20 ft

2 words KARL PRYCE !!!!!!!
What a load of ###### he is . Trading standards should be notified !!! Ha ha

#17 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

If the York team have all duel - reg players from Hull then i can't see us getting much from the game,we might have a bit more experience in the pack with Jones back in the team.I will go for York 26 - Rams 10. Might be better if we don't score first like we have in the last few league games.

You did score first, B)  don't know how much your paying Pryce but its far too much.

#18 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Im happy with a point, considering our league form going into this game. It gives us something to build on but second halfs are still a problem. I think in the last 4 league games in the second half we have scored 4 points. Not sure why. AOB was on team sheet thought we weren't having any DRs this week.

[

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

If the York team have all duel - reg players from Hull then i can't see us getting much from the game...

We beat Fev without any...

Posted Image

#20 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

I thought York threw the ball about and offloaded well although on a couple of occasions a better team would have punished them!!

We didn't play any kind of expansive games majority of the time. When we strung more than 3 passes together we got over the line. Poor kicking game with wind in second half and don't even get me going about the kick offs. Out on the full once, can be forgiven but ........

I know we have some young players who are learning but just not quick enough. Tactically we are still naive and that's not the players fault, it's down to Glenn and the coaching staff. They need to watch and watch videos of our games, it's obvious to most supporters what needs to happen.

Not going to criticise any of the players, other than to say some need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask if they are giving all they can, whilst others should be banging Glenn's door down to be given more of a chance.

Ignore the cups for now, next 4 games, Workington, Keighley, Swinton home all winnable and Eagles away, slim bonus point chance.

Chins up lads, learn from mistakes, be prepared to throw the ball around and we won't go far wrong, hopefully!!
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams