Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Unfortunately I wasn't a the game. How many tackles did KP miss? How many balls did he drop? How many passes di he get?

I'm just looking for an objective assessment you understand?

Will have a look again on the DVD shortly but the Knights closed him down quickly and, in fact, when he gets home tonight he ought to check to see that Danny Nicklas isnt still clinging on to his ankles !  

Made an awful attempt to tackle Nev Morrison when he went in for his try and, embarrassingly, ended up in the long jump pit.

A number of times he seemed to have the pace to go around his tackler but instead of using his apparent strength to fend the tackler off, just seemed to submit.  Thought generally in midfield in combination with Lucas Walshaw his tackling was pretty effective.

I will say that he's an easy target for the boo-boys because of his background in SL and that one or two more Rams players didnt exactly cover themselves in glory today.

One of your best players against us last season was Scott Spaven but he was 18th man, and that's not to mention James Craven !

#42 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

York City Knights have moved up to Sixth place in the Kingstone Press Championship after a gutsy 29-20 victory over Dewsbury Rams at a blustery Huntington Stadium today.

:)

Well done. Hopefully you won't get altitude sickness so high up the table!

But don't get too giddy. Doncaster at the bottom are closer to you (in points) than York are to Leigh in fifth.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#43 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

Well done. Hopefully you won't get altitude sickness so high up the table!

But don't get too giddy. Doncaster at the bottom are closer to you (in points) than York are to Leigh in fifth.

Aye, crazy isn't it? Makes for an exciting league-within-a-league though eh?!

Posted Image

#44 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

thought the better team on the day won.

a couple of lucky bounces giving them tries, us dropping a couple near the line

whats happened to our forwards, not one bursting the line all match, apart from hepworth.

our kicking game in the second half abysmal should have at least tried a few bombs, gone for height rather than distance.

couple of positives

1.   we performed for the full 80

2.   we scored in the second half

#45 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

cos we were away!!we now have 15 points,13 of them have come at home. we don't turn up away from home

Neither do we to be honest
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#46 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Neither do we to be honest

Don't let that fact stop you coming to the magnificent Love Rugby League dot com stadium with seating and suround sound from all four sides ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#47 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Shame that Dario Esposito left, he's making Sheffield team now.

Assume there are reasons why Craven, Jones, Coleman and Buchanan didnt play, but we lack experience and they are 4 experienced players. And Brad Watkinson, though guessing he might have a back injury.

Kicking game, why does Pryce not kick, he put in some monster kicks against Fev?

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 15 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#48 leedsram

leedsram
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Assume there are reasons why Craven, Jones, Coleman and Buchanan didnt play, but we lack experience and they are 4 experienced players. And Brad Watkinson, though guessing he might have a back injury.

Kicking game, why does Pryce not kick, he put in some monster kicks against Fev?

cos they dropped or not selected, plus gm thinks he has better to fill there boots i guess,

#49 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Unfortunately I wasn't a the game. How many tackles did KP miss? How many balls did he drop? How many passes di he get?

I'm just looking for an objective assessment you understand?

BSJ.  I havent said a bad word against KP yet and have even defended him a couple of times, but he was abject on Sunday.  I went with a York City fan who doesnt do rugby.  When he saw the team come out he said, bl00dy hell, look at that guy (KP).  He will take some stopping. By the end of the game he wondered why we were even playing him.  In theory if KP takes the ball at full pelt from 10 yards out I cant see many championship teams havibg a chance of stopping him, but I aint seen it once yet.....

Overall I thought we were fine in parts, poor at other times.  Too may of their tries came from us gifting them another set of 6.  If we could cut out the mistakes we could get back to where we were two months ago, BUT,,,,the big problem seems to be that confidence is at rock bottom and we dont seem to have the "expereinced"  players capable of changing this.  Certainly not on what I have seen recently.  With Ben Jones, Austin and James Craven playing I reckon we could have beaten York.  They aint much better than us, though do have a much better kicking game. As others have poited out our kicking was woeful..

Does naybody know why AB and JC werent playing ???

#50 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

BSJ.  I havent said a bad word against KP yet and have even defended him a couple of times, but he was abject on Sunday.  I went with a York City fan who doesnt do rugby.  When he saw the team come out he said, bl00dy hell, look at that guy (KP).  He will take some stopping. By the end of the game he wondered why we were even playing him.  In theory if KP takes the ball at full pelt from 10 yards out I cant see many championship teams havibg a chance of stopping him, but I aint seen it once yet.....

Overall I thought we were fine in parts, poor at other times.  Too may of their tries came from us gifting them another set of 6.  If we could cut out the mistakes we could get back to where we were two months ago, BUT,,,,the big problem seems to be that confidence is at rock bottom and we dont seem to have the "expereinced"  players capable of changing this.  Certainly not on what I have seen recently.  With Ben Jones, Austin and James Craven playing I reckon we could have beaten York.  They aint much better than us, though do have a much better kicking game. As others have poited out our kicking was woeful..

Does naybody know why AB and JC werent playing ???

Thanks Nick for your objectivity.

Leadership on the field does seem to be our Achille's heel at present doesn't it?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#51 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

I can think of people in a number of sports who were loose cannons until given the captaincy, and who blossomed with that responsibility - now where's that Karl Price. ;)

Thanks Nick for your objectivity.

Leadership on the field does seem to be our Achille's heel at present doesn't it?

#52 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Funny I thought it was having a rubbish team?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#53 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Funny I thought it was having a rubbish team?

A bit like your fans.Were not turning up to play.Your not turning up to watch.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 16 April 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#54 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

A bit like your fans.Were not turning up to play.Your not turning up to watch.

I think 'Piggy's Mate' is a closet Rhino's fan!

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 16 April 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#55 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Oh no not the "he's a closet Rhino fan" slur! What will my family think? I am ruined....... Get a grip Eddie I am a Batley fan.... you can't get lower ;)

#56 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

That is a cruel and unnecessary jibe - shame on you eddie. :O

#57 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I am a Batley fan.... you can't get lower ;)

At last, a little bit of sense from Piggy's Mate - who would have thought it could ever happen?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#58 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

At last, a little bit of sense from Piggy's Mate - who would have thought it could ever happen?

Sad thing is CF everyone knows I don't talk sense..... Its a double negative..... ask BSJ he'll explain ;o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users