Walmsley

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Crikey - he really looks the part in SL!! Fair play to the lad!!

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Scored a good try too

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

Looks great in short bursts but obviously needs to still do lots of fitness/stamina work

#4 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Well based on what I've seen he is a Saints 1st team player now and we're unlikely to see him in a Batley shirt again. Great to see another player from our club doing well in SL. England call up?

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Well based on what I've seen he is a Saints 1st team player now and we're unlikely to see him in a Batley shirt again. Great to see another player from our club doing well in SL. England call up?

Another?

does that include cameos for Hull KR?

B) B)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I agree he's a cracking player. He had a really good game for the saints the other night probably their best player on the pitch that night. It's just a shame we lose these good players to the SL clubs. ( I know its inevitable if a SL club comes calling) But it would be great if clubs like ours could keep the great talents that keep popping up now and again. Just out of interest did saints pay a fee for him? I hope they did as talent like his Shouldnt go without a fee IMO. They should be some kind of clause for champ clubs if they bring a talented player through they should get rewarded no matter what by some kind of fee I reckon even if its just a finders fee.

#7 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 699 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I agree he's a cracking player. He had a really good game for the saints the other night probably their best player on the pitch that night. It's just a shame we lose these good players to the SL clubs. ( I know its inevitable if a SL club comes calling) But it would be great if clubs like ours could keep the great talents that keep popping up now and again. Just out of interest did saints pay a fee for him? I hope they did as talent like his Shouldnt go without a fee IMO. They should be some kind of clause for champ clubs if they bring a talented player through they should get rewarded no matter what by some kind of fee I reckon even if its just a finders fee.

In fairness, wouldn't the vast majority of his development have been with Dewsbury Celtic? Thought he only spent a season at Batley?

#8 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

In fairness, wouldn't the vast majority of his development have been with Dewsbury Celtic? Thought he only spent a season at Batley?

To be honest I don't know a batley fan might be able to answer that for you. But I'm sure batley had a major say in his development along the way. if it wasn't for batley he might still be playing for dewsbury Celtic if that's who he did play for before joining the dogs.

Edited by thundergaz, 13 April 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#9 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

He was a good player already when he came to us but I don't think you can doubt the progress he made in his time at Batley. How good he was when he first came to us was more down to raw talent and I think he will have learnt a lot playing for Leeds university and winning a few trophies I'm sure he will continue to get better at St Helens. I just want to see him get as far as he can.
- it was Danny Maun who spotted Alex Walmsley I think.

I think Alex Brown is doing well at Hull KR. Got a hat-trick a few weeks ago so to me that's good in any SL game.

I like to see championship players do well in SL. It shows that our division isn't quite as far behind as people would like to think. Zak Hardaker and Chris Hill are up there now too.

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

He was a good player already when he came to us but I don't think you can doubt the progress he made in his time at Batley. How good he was when he first came to us was more down to raw talent and I think he will have learnt a lot playing for Leeds university and winning a few trophies I'm sure he will continue to get better at St Helens. I just want to see him get as far as he can.
- it was Danny Maun who spotted Alex Walmsley I think.

I think Alex Brown is doing well at Hull KR. Got a hat-trick a few weeks ago so to me that's good in any SL game.

I like to see championship players do well in SL. It shows that our division isn't quite as far behind as people would like to think. Zak Hardaker and Chris Hill are up there now too.

Yep agree with all that. SL will have to look towards the Championship more and more as decent Aussie imports dry up.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Totaly agree with both comments there are some over paid average aussies and newzealanders as well earning ridiculus amounts of money . Also just watched the nrl game souths storm . Makes super league look pedestrian and refs decsions slow and amatarish to be honest .

#12 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Some of us would be grateful if we could just keep our players from the clutches of certain championship clubs. :rolleyes:

#13 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Some of us would be grateful if we could just keep our players from the clutches of certain championship clubs. :rolleyes:

😄😄😄 I know its a bit of a pain when we take your players grumpy. But on a positive note for you guys you must have a good coaching set up for us to be wanting your players all the time. Also every player we have taken from you I wouldn't send any back so that's a compliment in itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users