Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

fixture format

what idiot does them

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

here we go again another week where fixtures seem to be all in one place . leeds , bradford , wakefield, huddersfield and castleford all at home again on same weekends.  Plus both hull sides away what idiot draws up these kind of fixtures no wonder crowds are down. As a fan of the game and no particular club I  go to watch one of the west yorks sides on different weeks so this week im spoilt for choice then in a couple of weeks time there be no game in my area . 

Chief Crazy Eagle

#2 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

not one west yorkshire at home this week end what a joke!

Chief Crazy Eagle

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

not one west yorkshire at home this week end what a joke!

Leeds v Castleford

Batley v Huddersfield

Hunslet v Catalan

Halifax v Barrow

Keighley v Warrington

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Leeds v Castleford

Batley v Huddersfield

Hunslet v Catalan

Halifax v Barrow

Keighley v Warrington

Don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge

I think he means next weekend, i.e. next round of SL

Hull v Wigan
Widnes v Wakefield
Catalans v Huddersfield
London v St Helens
Salford v Castleford
HKR v Leeds
Warrington v Bradford

TBF, it does seem a bit odd to not have a single SL fixture in WY when they have 5 clubs based there. The following weekend 4 of the 5 are at home (and the other one is away to a WY team), and then the weekend after that its back to none of them being at home. Its not a big deal but it does appear to be a bit daft not to spread the games around.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm sure there are specific reasons. It's not been done just to annoy superten (although if it has, then I applaud the RFL!)

Maybe they're just trying to be environmentally friendly and get all the fans from each side of the pennines to car share

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Also, last weekend, both London Broncos and London Skolars had away matches.

FARCE!

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

I suspect they have an awful lot of things to factor in when they arrange the fixtures, what with all the ground sharing going on.

I don't think they should pay too much attention to all clubs in one area being home or away at the same time.

#9 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

People are always going to complain about fixtures, and I imagine it’s quite a hard job.

That said, are many other clubs repeating fixtures in a short space of time this year? Magic weekend apart, I notice Bradford play both Leeds and Salford just over a month after playing them at Easter. Especially in the case of the Bulls/Leeds game – why have such a big match for both clubs played twice in five weeks if they can help it. If they avoid each other in knockout competition, they won’t meet again for another 50 weeks due to a later Easter in 2014. Not the end of the world, but a bit daft.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

It's not as hard as you think - I've done a bit in my time.

Ironically, you get a much better result if you do it manually because you can make the subjective judgements.  Apparently, they're compiled by some Canadian computer, which has no idea where Leeds and Swinton and the like are.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#11 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

Apparently, they're compiled by some Canadian computer, which has no idea where Leeds and Swinton and the like are.

I've heard they are calculated by Bolivian bandits in exchange for a good harvest of Mexican jumping beans, which are then used to feed local school children so they can go on an exchange program with a Peruvian monkey aerobatics display team.