Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Results 13/4/13

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 neverwas

neverwas
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

Lane are a great club with great traditions,I for one am really pleased for them,think they will finish in top 6

#22 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Skirlaugh 26-30 Thatto Heath

Best side lost

Quite a bold statement mr statman!! Thought you would be happy with the 2 away points even when playing bad!

Edited by Bruce, 14 April 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#23 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Myton Warriors 32 v 18 Leigh Miners

Leigh Miners poor start to the season continued yesterday afternoon when they went down 32-18 away at Myton Warriors on a windy afternoon in Hull. The first twenty or so minutes was poor with both sides turning the ball over to cheaply in what was a knockonathon opening to the game. Miners opened the scoring when Scott O'Brien stepped through the Myton to score under the posts, Jonny Youds converting to give the score 6-0. The home side scored their first try of the afternoon with just over half an hour gone to make it 6-4 and soon after they scored their second try to put them in front leading 10-6. Miners drew level just before half time when a kick behind the Myton defence was picked up by winger Andrew Groves who dived over in the right hand corner to give the score 10-10 at the end of a scrappy opening forty minutes.

Myton went close to taking the lead in the opening set of the second half but spilled the ball close to the Miners line, from the error Miners went straight down field to score their third try, Jonny Youds racing through a gap to score out on the right to give the score 14-10. The lead didn't last for long as Myton retook the lead with a barge over try under the Sticks, from that try the home side never looked back as they took control of the game scoring two more tries along with a couple of penalty goals to give them a 32-14 lead. Young winger Ryan Monaghan scored a late conciliation try for Miners to give the final score 32-18.

Next week Miners are at home to Skirlaugh.

Miners team - Jonny Youds, Andrew Groves, Jonny Carroll, Steven Marsh, Ryan Monaghan, Liam Coleman, Scott O'Brien, Kev Howells , Tom Farrimond, Darryl Kay, Adam Thomason, Danny Jackson, Dave Rowlands SUBS = Jimmy Muir, Danny Jones Todd Appleby, Sean McDonald

Miners MOM -Jonny Youds

#24 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Who did Blackbrook play yesterday? There are two results for them on the NCL website, both saying 24-0. Odd!

#25 Isohunt

Isohunt
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Your lucky you never had
Mark Laing as the ref today !!!

Proves they do need him then to win games!!! Great result for easts

#26 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Quite a bold statement mr statman!! Thought you would be happy with the 2 away points even when playing bad!

I imagine he is very happy. Whats wrong with a bit of honesty and saying his team were second best?

#27 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Proves they do need him then to win games!!! Great result for easts

Proves absolutely nothing, they've won 5 from 7.

When they had him for the Brow game it was the Brow's inability to get sufficient points on the board when they were on top then being unable to contain Farrer when Egremont were on top that meant they won rather than the Brow. At least Rooney had the grace in the club afterwards to admit Egremont deserved it rather than bleat for weeks.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#28 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Nothing bold about it, just a fact acknowledged by everyone who was there. It was good from our point of view to come away with the points but we were very fortunate and it was harsh on the efforts of the Skirlaugh players that they were left empty handed, I'm not complaining or suggesting that i'm not happy with the result just telling it how it was.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#29 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Who did Blackbrook play yesterday? There are two results for them on the NCL website, both saying 24-0. Odd!

They beat Wigan St.Cuthberts in the cup as far as i'm aware. I presume that the Featherstone game was their scheduled league game for that day and it is just an inputting error. The league table show them having played 3 league games which corresponds to the games they've played against Hindley, Woolston and Crosfields.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#30 wiganstjudes

wiganstjudes
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

WIGAN ST JUDES 10-10 EAST LEEDS

Judes dropped their first league point of the season to a very big and physical East Leeds side, the match was a very scrappy affair and perhaps a draw was a fair result as both teams made about the same number of errors, the opening twenty was scoreless as both teams bombed good chances but it was the visitors who struck first when a kick through rebounded off the posts and as the ball bobbled about an Easts player scooped it up an dived over the goal attempt was good, five minutes later the ever probing Dean Hunt grubber kicked through and veteran forward Craig Bithell won the race to the grounding but the goal attempt was off target to leave it 4-6 at the break.

The second half started well for the hosts when wingman Nathan Jones made a great break down the right flank and Scott Robinson supported to take the return pass and go in by the sticks Gareth Thomas converted to give Judes the lead, the next twenty minutes was farcical to say the least as handling errors and penalties of which some were dubious littered the match, with five minutes on the clock the Easts hooker nipped in from acting half back to level it but the kick sailed wide, Judes thought they had pinched when Scott Robinson intercepted and was away only to be brought back for allegedly being offside.

#31 wiganstjudes

wiganstjudes
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

dont know who the referee was for the game but he was a small austrailian bloke.  Just wondering if anyone has come accross him before? one of the worst referees i have seen at this level and both teams where baffled at some of his decisions.

#32 D34n0

D34n0
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

We (Stanningley) had his for the first time last weekend against Askam. He was outrageously bad. And having watched the video back I am not being harsh with my criticism. Numerous baffling decisions. Also an obnoxious XXXX a view which was shared after the match by the two young linesmen who officiated with him.

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 15 April 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#33 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

dont know who the referee was for the game but he was a small austrailian bloke.  Just wondering if anyone has come accross him before? one of the worst referees i have seen at this level and both teams where baffled at some of his decisions.

Yes.
Sounds like Darren Van de Moosdyk, he lives in Leeds.
He's a *star*, he has his own unusual rules regarding scrums, a rather haughty personal manner and every team should have to play under him at least once.
He's not above fibbing in his match report (contrary to video evidence) and tried to report me for entering the referee's room after the game. . . . To pay the touch judges!!

I like him, though

Edited by Cutsyke Raiders, 16 April 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#34 wiganstjudes

wiganstjudes
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

sounds like a few teams have had the misfortune of him reffing them then!! I know a few of our players where complaining of the fact that he wasnt stopping the time when they quickly formed scrums just before the end of both halfs. But there was errors and penalties going both ways for either team and i just hope that we dont get him again any time soon!

#35 Isohunt

Isohunt
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Proves absolutely nothing, they've won 5 from 7.

When they had him for the Brow game it was the Brow's inability to get sufficient points on the board when they were on top then being unable to contain Farrer when Egremont were on top that meant they won rather than the Brow. At least Rooney had the grace in the club afterwards to admit Egremont deserved it rather than bleat for weeks.

4 of them 7 games you've had him! obviously your gonna stick up for him as anybody would if he's a mate and drinking partner #justsaying

#36 little old wine drinker

little old wine drinker
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

His drinking partners are the Egremont coach and chairman.Tells its own story!!

#37 sergei bubka

sergei bubka
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

dont worry he is back tomorrow, heard egremont were weighing up asking him to wear the six shirt cos brocklebank is still no good. hope this isnt true cos ive seen him ref a few games without cumbrian teams playing and he has done a very fair job. even strecth as far as  saying he was good

GREASE MY POLE!

#38 Wiffdog

Wiffdog
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

Amuses me that people still bang on about Laing and Egremont... Didn't see the first Easts match, the one up here they deserved to win in the end. Have most of you seen the dvd for the Egremont Brow game? if you have then you can hardly say the the ref was biased to Egremont, there was plenty of decisions that went Brows way as well as Egremonts way. The reffing was pretty fair although people three miles away will say im a bare faced liar...

Egremont Rangers 7th choice winger 2002-2007

#39 top of dent

top of dent
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Poor thatto....the mont have got laing yet again.....i heard a rumour that he was seen polishing his red shoes ready to do the boxerbeat in the horn tonight........

#40 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Poor thatto....the mont have got laing yet again.....i heard a rumour that he was seen polishing his red shoes ready to do the boxerbeat in the horn tonight........

Good nights them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users