Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

John Kears replacement.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Lets not kid ourselves here, cas to kear is as irresistable as fax was to harrison - jobs in RL dont come up often and i wouldnt blame JK for wanting another crack at the big time with his hometown club.

Although nothings official yet we will no doubt be looking for a new coach shortly.

Whos available? And who would you want?

Edited by buford t justice, 13 April 2013 - 03:38 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Poor post buford... Nothing confirmed lets not even think about it until it is. Batley have a fantastic chance of WINNING this league this year... Im sure Jk beleives that so lets concentrate on that!

#3 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Intersetingly Sky just mentioned that Stuart Raper (ex Cas coach) is flying in to Uk next week. Can we hope??

#4 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Bookies have named Raper as clear favourite. Doesn't mean that much in reality, but lets hope.

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Poor post buford... Nothing confirmed lets not even think about it until it is. Batley have a fantastic chance of WINNING this league this year... Im sure Jk beleives that so lets concentrate on that!

Hardly a poor post, just putting it out there as its potentially happening and is the biggest talking point around our club this week.

Bury your head in the sand if you want, but the future of our coach is certainly of interest to most people.

Hope he stays, but who knows.

Edited by buford t justice, 13 April 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#6 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Lets not kid ourselves here, cas to kear is as irresistable as fax was to harrison - jobs in RL dont come up often and i wouldnt blame JK for wanting another crack at the big time with his hometown club.

Although nothings official yet we will no doubt be looking for a new coach shortly.

Whos available? And who would you want?

Very poor post..as though its a done deal?? Yes worrying, but not confirmed. Would he want it, with his Sky work? After watching the first half tonight, surely he's better off at Batley?

#7 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hardly a poor post, just putting it out there as its potentially happening and is the biggest talking point around our club this week.

Bury your head in the sand if you want, but the future of our coach is certainly of interest to most people.

Hope he stays, but who knows.

#8 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Facts not speculation would be interesting.......

#9 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Facts not speculation would be interesting.......

Hes been heavily linked with the Castleford job - is that not a fact?

Its a current ongoing issue, so whats wrong with debating it? I thought thats what the forum was all about.

Cant please everyone i guess.

#10 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

The dramatic topic headline of "kears replacement" was, i thought, an unnecessary opening. Its a shame really buford old pal as i actually think most of your posts a worth their salt!!!!! I still think we'll win the league.... WITH mr kear......this year...

#11 RLmadman

RLmadman
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

john is still very much wanted by cas

#12 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

The dramatic topic headline of "kears replacement" was, i thought, an unnecessary opening. Its a shame really buford old pal as i actually think most of your posts a worth their salt!!!!! I still think we'll win the league.... WITH mr kear......this year...

Thank you for the constructive criticism. Ill try and make things clearer in future. from what ive heard hes on his way to Cas, hence the topic, so even though its part speculation, part fact, and 100% hypothetical i thought it was worth a discussion.

Like i said, i hope he stays, but if he goes - who would replace him?

To reiterate - This is hypothetical, to avoid upsetting anyone else or bringing out anyone elses anal side.

Edited by buford t justice, 13 April 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#13 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Sam tomkins player coach?

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

I really hope you do win the league this year if we don't. As for mr kear going to c@s yes I think its a big possibility but other than him being a c@s lad I honestly can't see why anyone would want the job if I'm being honest because I see them playing in our league when the next franchise comes around whether its in SL2 or in the champ as their is probably only London in a worse state than them and I doubt whether the RFL will give London the boot only if there is a SL2 but c@s will be in that league too.But for what its worth I really hope kear stays with you guys because you are a top team and a top set of fans and deserve a top coach like kear.

Edited by thundergaz, 13 April 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#15 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Thank u thundergaz... A very nice post... See you early may for what promises to be one of the games of season!

#16 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Thank u thundergaz... A very nice post... See you early may for what promises to be one of the games of season!

Yeah should be a cracker but we are not playing well at min. We have got a big 3 week coming up with London fax and then yourselves it could be our defining time of the year these next 3 weeks could make or break our season.

#17 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I really hope you do fax :)

#18 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Bookies have named Raper as clear favourite. Doesn't mean that much in reality, but lets hope.

Said on Sky during the Widnes match that Raper was flying in from Australia to work with Danny Orr until the end of the season.If Castleford lose at the weekend to Leeds in the Challenge Cup there season is over with it being unlikely they will challenge for the play offs.Maybe the Castleford board are sorting the clubs finances out and taking steps to improve there chances of staying in the Super League before a Coach is appointed on a long term contract

Edited by bulldogtrev, 13 April 2013 - 09:33 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#19 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

I get the feeling these guys are keeping the seat warm until the end of the season.

#20 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Still think JK will stay. His current set-up seems to suit him and he seems happy here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users