Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

John Kears replacement.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Well was told to day that his wife as said they are the happiest they have ever been at a rugby club . So hopefully he will stay.

#22 RLmadman

RLmadman
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

been told both John kear and Powell are both keen on the cas job but both dont want to cut ties mid season, as a result  cas will appoint stuart raper to assist danny orr till the end of the season this week, the clubs ceo confident the new coach will be a englishman with local roots

#23 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

When we lost our last coach it ruined the end of our season and he ripped the heart out of the team. The club has done well to get to where they are now and need a good coach who will stay for more than 2 seasons.

I know JK is a Cas lad but I still think he'd be a lot better off staying with us.

#24 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

When we lost our last coach it ruined the end of our season and he ripped the heart out of the team. The club has done well to get to where they are now and need a good coach who will stay for more than 2 seasons.

I know JK is a Cas lad but I still think he'd be a lot better off staying with us.

How would he be "better off" exactly?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#25 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Enhanced reputation plus plenty of time to continue his media work.  It can be a mistake to go where your heart says (as against what your head tells you). 

How would he be "better off" exactly?

Edited by Bi11, 15 April 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#26 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

been told both John kear and Powell are both keen on the cas job but both dont want to cut ties mid season, as a result cas will appoint stuart raper to assist danny orr till the end of the season this week, the clubs ceo confident the new coach will be a englishman with local roots

If this is true about DP then Fev need to get rid of him. If he's interested in another job then he obviously isn't committed to Fev. Don't know how true the post above is but if it is true I'm sure the Fev BOD would like to know. Unless they already know and don't care 😄😄😄.

#27 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Well was told to day that his wife as said they are the happiest they have ever been at a rugby club . So hopefully he will stay.

i think carl said the same a few days before he left.infact he stated "AM GOING NOWERE"  3 days before he left. :unsure:

and gaz am sure dp will be staying at p.o.r. ;)

#28 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

i think carl said the same a few days before he left.infact he stated "AM GOING NOWERE" 3 days before he left. :unsure:
and gaz am sure dp will be staying at p.o.r. ;)

If that is the case then silverback it will be good as he would be committed to us and that's what a club needs is a committed coach who will walk through fire for the club.

#29 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

If that is the case then silverback it will be good as he would be committed to us and that's what a club needs is a committed coach who will walk through fire for the club.

yep spot on,same with players too. i know some like a change a scene but give me players who want to keep the shirt they have not sniffing elsewere every season.

#30 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

If this is true about DP then Fev need to get rid of him. If he's interested in another job then he obviously isn't committed to Fev. Don't know how true the post above is but if it is true I'm sure the Fev BOD would like to know. Unless they already know and don't care .

You do really amaze me!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#31 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

You do really amaze me!!!

He posts some right rubbish Maureen, cant believe some of his posts.

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

He posts some right rubbish Maureen, cant believe some of his posts.

May I just ask? What is wrong with me wanting a committed coach for my club?

#33 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

He's shown committment for last few seasons hasn't he for gods sake, and may I hasten to add more than you have a times. I'm not a violent person, but at this moment in time I could really slap you!!
Im Fev and im proud

#34 knottla

knottla
  • Facebook
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Maureen that's so unbecoming tuttut.

#35 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

He's shown committment for last few seasons hasn't he for gods sake, and may I hasten to add more than you have a times. I'm not a violent person, but at this moment in time I could really slap you!!

Yes he as but I would like him to finish what he started until the franchise in 2015 anyway. As you know I'm not one of DPs biggiest fans but I'm a fan of what he as achieved for us since he came to us. And yes maybe Im a stickler and want more. But I don't want him to leave us until the franchise he deserves that at least. It's more of what he hasn't achieved than what he as achieved from my point of view.

#36 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Gaz I think you need committing, don't think you will be happy until D.P. goes.

#37 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yes he as but I would like him to finish what he started until the franchise in 2015 anyway. As you know I'm not one of DPs biggiest fans but I'm a fan of what he as achieved for us since he came to us. And yes maybe Im a stickler and want more. But I don't want him to leave us until the franchise he deserves that at least. It's more of what he hasn't achieved than what he as achieved from my point of view.

What hasn't he achieved then? Grand final winners? Everyone agrees that you are the standard both on and off the field in our division. Be careful what you wish for.

#38 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

What hasn't he achieved then? Grand final winners? Everyone agrees that you are the standard both on and off the field in our division. Be careful what you wish for.

DD hes won one final since he came to us. Which IMO isn't good enough with the funds available to him. Also I question his tactical brain when it comes to big games as he gets out thought more often than not. As for the off field I have no comment as the off field stuff being done is amazing.

#39 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Margins are very small in this division, the line between winning and losing is very fine. He is clearly doing a good job, possibly as good as anyone else could.

#40 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Margins are very small in this division, the line between winning and losing is very fine. He is clearly doing a good job, possibly as good as anyone else could.

DD I take your point on board maybe I just want more from him and being greedy I don't know but that's how I feel about DP I can't change that. But I don't want his head as he deserves to see it through till at least the franchise. I just have my doubts about him when it comes to the big games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users