Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Match off

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#61 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

do you think it will be tuesday keith?
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#62 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

do you think it will be tuesday keith?

I would think both clubs will want it played sooner rather than later because we play Haven and they play Warrington next weekend, so they will look for an extra days recovery for the players.    Tuesday seems to be the day to play it.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#63 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Never mind gonna get the bbq out now lovely day for it :)
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#64 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Agreed . Free weekends for two clubs together could be a couple of months or more away , and a midweek game before another
hugely important league game isn't good , as we see what happens on the Good Friday / Easter Monday turn around .

#65 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Tues for me too, lets get it out of the way, we travel there on a thurs so it's only right get premier sports to show it on tues too!!

#66 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Surely Tuesday is the only option if its to be played midweek. Quick turn arounds aren't good. It cost sheffield big style over the Easter period.

#67 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

And several others in both leagues . Those Easter Monday fixtures are an anomaly . Very unpredictable results . You wouldn't want to risk that in a league week , huge advantage for the team we'd be playing and could cost us priceless points if we're low in petrol .

Edited by DavidM, 14 April 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#68 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

YE i went down at 11 but was all locked up so could not see what the ground was like.

Ye,i went down to the ground at 2oclock with my mates expecting the game to be on.I would like to know WHY there was not even a placard or something to tell us why the game was cancelled,i think it bloody stinks that not only me but the 4 cars behind me were not aware the game was off,a simple little note would have gone halfway to making the blow a bit softer but, no, that is not way workington town works they make you travel if only 2 miles but i made the effort so why could they not,plus the cars behind also had to travel from god knows where,come on town,it'not the first time this has happened and i would imagine not the last.On a last note i passed (peter)gilmore on the way down to the ground so i do not know if it was peter or clifford that was the commissioner that cancelled the game,but just a note to tell us the games off would have put a lot of people at ease instead of being so ###### off with club and maybe making their minds up to not bother turning up again.
Posted Image

#69 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Surely IF it is going to be Tuesday night an announcement would be needed today???

#70 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I understand frustrations but they did put it on the website very quickly which led to the forum etc , and we often complain about communication being sluggish so it's hard to fault them on that front here .

Edited by DavidM, 14 April 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#71 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

I understand frustrations but they did put it on the website very quickly which led to the forum etc , and we often complain about communication being sluggish so it's hard to fault them on that front here .

Thats fine david if you looked at the website but by the time i surfaced from my crib the website is the last thing on your mind,gametime is my only fixation and not even thinking of the website,but has i have already said a little note explaining why the game was off would have made my day a little bit easier to take and also for the 4 cars behind me so it seems has though they never looked at the website has well,but point taken about the website david,and even now the sun is out and no bloody game,roll on tues or weds.
Posted Image

#72 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

We need Batley to keep these at arms length .

#73 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

I know pal , of course . Hard to cover all bases . Fully understand there . We all had our game head on !

#74 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'm getting scores from everywhere on my magic machine bar Sheffield ?

#75 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

We need Batley to keep these at arms length .

ha ha batley deny the jampots a BP in the last 5 seconds. Lord haw haw is raging lol

#76 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Lord haw haw !!! Deary me cruel ( but funny )

#77 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Late kick off at sheff, did not kick off till 3.30.

#78 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

That is a gutter . Woulda been a great , priceless , fantastic point there ..... Shame

#79 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

ha ha batley deny the jampots a BP in the last 5 seconds. Lord haw haw is raging lol

I thought he hated bonus points. Such a moron.

#80 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

I thought he hated bonus points. Such a moron.

he's going on about us having weekend off again before playing shaven and then saying the rules say postponed games have to be played on the next available date which will be Wednesday! Bet they would love it if we have to play Wednesday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users