RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Match off

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#81 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Yeh lets skip Monday and Tuesday just for them . Keep out Coxy !!! We don't need a free week to prepare for them.

Edited by DavidM, 14 April 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#82 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

we could play saturday night and id still fancy our chances over the 20minute world beaters
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#83 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

He's obviously just in a bad mood lads , totally stuffed by the ref right at the death . You would be wouldn't you !!

#84 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

The funniest part was when he had to interview Dave woods.   After criticising the ref all the game and especially the final try he said dave Woods was livid but when Dave spoke he was livid with his team for once again not following his instructions.    Coxy tried to introduce the referee in to the interview but Woods was having none of it and saying how many times have you tell some players and then listed the mistakes the players had made.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#85 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

If I was one of you guys I would not be a happy bunnie with this especially after spending big cash on drainage.

Well you aren't one of us guys (thank God) so don't get excited about us wasting our cash........It wasn't our cash, it was a lovely gift from those lovely useless copeland back stabbers.

The drains aren't the problem, it's the turf not knitting together due to the cold spell.

#86 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Just played a sunday leauge game down at hall park (football) and not any water on pitch if hall park can take that much rain what we have had y can dp its a weird 1 more to it then they are letten on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#87 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I thought he hated bonus points. Such a moron.

He was saying how well Haven were doing to keep Batley to 8 points and earn a bonus point which they deserved.   After Batley scored he was saying what a stupid system it was because Haven had lost by 14 instead of the 12 or less to get a bonus point!!!!!!!   Make your mind up Coxy!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#88 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

The funniest part was when he had to interview Dave woods.   After criticising the ref all the game and especially the final try he said dave Woods was livid but when Dave spoke he was livid with his team for once again not following his instructions.    Coxy tried to introduce the referee in to the interview but Woods was having none of it and saying how many times have you tell some players and then listed the mistakes the players had made.

I listened Keith and Mr cox was well a disgrace and Woods was taking none of his blame ref ###### and fair play to him.

On another note keith have a listen to this - http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p016xshn from 49m 40s

Mr andy wood (barrow commentator) has done nothing but slag the Blue Square North off all season and now that his beloved barrow are in it he well and truley spat the dummy out yesterday and got Owned buy a workington fan who phoned in and gave him and right roasting.

#89 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Just played a sunday leauge game down at hall park (football) and not any water on pitch if hall park can take that much rain what we have had y can dp its a weird 1 more to it then they are letten on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ffs, reason has been given, the match commissioner called it off. Surely not another negative post from you.

#90 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Classic Keith . So every opinion he has depends on how it relates to haven ? What an authoratitive and reasoned voice of the game...not.

Edited by DavidM, 14 April 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#91 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Halifax have touched Leigh up for 50 after an hour !! They're the team , and reinforces my views on Leigh .

#92 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Sheff 12-12 barrow at half time.

#93 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Mmmmm not good

#94 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yes, listened to it rockerlad and he certainly calmed Wood down a bit by the end but at least he did listen to the Reds fans point.    You wouldn't get that with Cox on the radio with a Haven fan never mind a Town fan.

#95 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

swinton and york winning,barrow still in with a shout, nota great day for us.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#96 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

If Swinton win we don't want Hunslet to get a point so it keeps everyone tight down there and near us .

#97 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Bummer they scored twice to get a point .

#98 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Halifax have touched Leigh up for 50 after an hour !! They're the team , and reinforces my views on Leigh .

Maybe so David, but let's not forget we couldn't compete with them at their place. Barrow amaze me away from home against the big boys, 12 .12 at halftime is outstanding.

#99 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Finished 60 - 10.    Crusaders have beaten London Skolars 44 - 6.

#100 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

It's just so tight isn't it . Gonna yo yo every week but bottom line is winning your own winnable games and nicking as many points as possible , and what others do becomes irrelevant .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users