RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Brave New World?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Tesco staff electronically tagged  <_<

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#2 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

If it was being used in order measure work flows etc in order to develop and improve process and targets then I think it would be OK, but you get the feeling the data will be used as a stick to beat the workers with.

#3 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,169 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Why do you get that feeling? Do any of us really know that much about Tesco and what it's like to work there?

#4 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,617 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Why do you get that feeling? Do any of us really know that much about Tesco and what it's like to work there?

What do you think the data will be used for, pay rises?

Edited by Padge, 14 April 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt, rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they haven't been hurt.

#5 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,597 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

What do you think the data will be used for, pay rises?

Theoretically the data could be anonymised and used merely to analyse typical work patterns.

However, this is rather optimistic I fear.

#6 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

In a previous job at a private clinic in central London, staff had to swipe in an out of staff only doors using their ID, one of my colleagues was sacked after 30 years service, 3 years before retirement, because he left early 5 times in 12 months.
No Unions allowed.
Lost his job, pension, references, the lot.
After that sympathetic workers started "accidently" forgetting their ID, management had no idea when we were coming or going because we were using the Harley St, visitors entrance
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users