Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

London V Featherstone.Sat20thApril.3pm K.O.

Match Thread & Predictions

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Win or Lose

1. Voted London To Win (14 votes [45.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.16%

2. Featherstone To Win (17 votes [54.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Liams scoring record gone as well. 3 Tries no goals

#42 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Wouldnt say we lost the game because of Ailibert, we got ground down in the second half and once the first London try came we buckled ever so slightly, we may have got two tries but one was on the back of a 80m saxton/ellis break and Kain ducking under a challenge following a scrum from a London forward pass - these were probably our only visits into the London half that i remember in the second half

With a game changing substitution of Luke Dorn into the action after 55 mins and a young winger in Keiran Dixon, who we failed to handle all day London just deserved to win and advance for me

We just didnt get enough points on the board in a first half dominated by us, we had enough pressure and chances just couldnt take any

But it was still a great effort and a wonderful day out, that little bit of extra quality made the difference today for me

#43 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

That more or less sums it up. Luke Dorn was the difference he links up well and is fast Saying that I thought the team were very good and showed up well against a S/L team on their own turf keep that up and we will be ok just hope Briggs is ok and we didn't play him too soon

#44 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Best form for a while..to me it felt like a victory and had we scored straight from the kick off it would have been a different story; Credit to Londons superb defence in first half not many championship teams would have handled that; Well played lads; Very proud following today;

#45 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,118 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

One very happy capper this evening. A great day out with friends. Good weather.
A magnificent display from the lads, played with pride and passion, a good solid display, the players gave their all, best game this season for Tommy Saxton, but all of them it was a pleasure to watch.

Nice to meet Lamonts family after the game, had a lovely chat with them, and they thought us northerners were brilliant and cannot wait to come up and see a game xx
Im Fev and im proud

#46 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Well done Rovers, was happy to be one of the fans. You did us proud

#47 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

One very happy capper this evening. A great day out with friends. Good weather.
A magnificent display from the lads, played with pride and passion, a good solid display, the players gave their all, best game this season for Tommy Saxton, but all of them it was a pleasure to watch.

Nice to meet Lamonts family after the game, had a lovely chat with them, and they thought us northerners were brilliant and cannot wait to come up and see a game xx

"Us Northeners",Maureen, dont put thissen down.

#48 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Wouldnt say we lost the game because of Ailibert, we got ground down in the second half and once the first London try came we buckled ever so slightly, we may have got two tries but one was on the back of a 80m saxton/ellis break and Kain ducking under a challenge following a scrum from a London forward pass - these were probably our only visits into the London half that i remember in the second half

With a game changing substitution of Luke Dorn into the action after 55 mins and a young winger in Keiran Dixon, who we failed to handle all day London just deserved to win and advance for me

We just didnt get enough points on the board in a first half dominated by us, we had enough pressure and chances just couldnt take any

But it was still a great effort and a wonderful day out, that little bit of extra quality made the difference today for me

i have to differ, i thought we did well with dixon first half, second half, different story.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#49 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Realy pleased with our performance, guts ,determination and endevour against a fulltime outfit.

Thier fans were outsung ,outcheered by our fans.

I have the firm belief that if it had been a home draw it would have been different.

Thanks to Featherstone Rovers for arranging busses and tickets. Had a fantastic day out with a really good bunch of Featherstone Fans. Even the the stewards down in the smoke were friendly and you could have a good laugh with them, just like ours at Featherstone.

Not one of the players let us down,  a brilliant day in the sunshine of the Challenge Cup.

Lets be packed to the rafters on Sunday against Halifax and show our appreciation to the players and the club

#50 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Realy pleased with our performance, guts ,determination and endevour against a fulltime outfit.

Thier fans were outsung ,outcheered by our fans.

I have the firm belief that if it had been a home draw it would have been different.

Thanks to Featherstone Rovers for arranging busses and tickets. Had a fantastic day out with a really good bunch of Featherstone Fans. Even the the stewards down in the smoke were friendly and you could have a good laugh with them, just like ours at Featherstone.

Not one of the players let us down,  a brilliant day in the sunshine of the Challenge Cup.

Lets be packed to the rafters on Sunday against Halifax and show our appreciation to the players and the club

yes it's a shame about the small crowds down there, the matchday experience is really good, and i would like to thank them for that

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#51 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

I met the Lamonts family too, She was a lovely  person  and so proud that her son was playing for Rovers. Like every one has said, it was a great day out, just a shame that they are been kicked out of their stadium. Roll on Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users