Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Match to be played when?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Keighley and featherstone to play now? Any word on if these are going to be sooner or later from the club??

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

I think they are waiting with the Fev game to fit it in on a free weekend when both clubs are out of the Cup.    Today's game should be played this coming week and I can't understand the delay in announcing the day because i'm sure both clubs want it sooner rather than late in the week!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

If it is to be this coming week, us fans need to know ASAP

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

i cant see it being this week. if it was going to be, it would have been announced already.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

ASAP would be good as I'd need to put leave in when I get in tomorrow. I can imagine the Cougars won't fancy it this week, so may take some sorting with them and the RFL. Hope we get a clue one way or another tomorrow, I may just book leave on the off chance if nowt is announced. I've no chance if the Mancs are playing.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#6 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hope it aint this Tuesday -Im off Rockin in Geordie land

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

The rules governing postponed matches are B1.17 and B1.18 of the Operational Rules.

B1.17 says:-  "In the case of postponement of a match, the match shall, if the clubs involved and the RFL so agree or the RFL so directs, be re-arranged for the following mid-week.   If, however, at the time of postponement both clubs have a known free weekend date prior to the scheduled end of the appropriate competition, the clubs involved may agree that such match shall be arranged for that free weekend.

Weekend dates on Cup tie weekends or weekends allocated for other competitions can be regarded as free ONLY IF at the time of postponement, both clubs have been dismissed from the Cup or other competitions."

To me that is straight forward that as both Keighley and us have not been dismissed from the cup at the time of postponement we cannot look at cup tie weekends to play the game, so the game has to be played this mid-week, or am I reading that wrong?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'd say your bang on with that Keith.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yep agreed and common sense to . We could be waiting literally a couple of months or more . Keith's right , Fev was different circumstances as it would have been 3 games in 6 days .

Edited by DavidM, 14 April 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#10 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

This Tuesday please or failing that we could play them at mid day Sunday next week then go through to Whitehaven and beat them a few hours later, simples

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

i take it its not going to be tomorrow then?

#12 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

An update would be good, a Man Utd game is on wed which will affect whether I can get a days leave or not. Keighley must be digging their heels in and not wanting to travel.

#13 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Town website says currently talking to Keighley & RFL about a date and "all options remain open". Seeing as we have to go to Keighley mid-week for our away game then it'd be very churlish of them to refuse to come here mid-week.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#14 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Well that update is clear as mud lol so match could be played in 30 hours? Surely that isnt enough notice and surely any later than wednesday night it wont be this week

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

we cant complain, we asked to be updated and weve been updated. when they say all dates are open i think there looking at tue/wed. the players seem to think there trying to get tomorrow night.

Edited by wonky, 15 April 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#16 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

we cant complain, we asked to be updated and weve been updated. when they say all dates are open i think there looking at tue/wed. the players seem to think there trying to get tomorrow night.

surely its already getting too late to announce a Tue/Wed fixture.

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Just how long does it take to get two clubs to agree a date OR the RFL to enforce their rules on the matter if one club or the other is being obstinate?

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

come on guys this is the rfl were talking about. if they had any sense amongst them they would set a date and tell both clubs to like it or lump it

#19 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Well a hasty arrangement will hammer the gate and so the club financially. I would need to know today to try and get off nightshift Tue/Wed and i bet there's others would have to miss too. Probably be about 3-400 max if its getting announced for thisTue/Wed at this late stage.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

i think its down to the rfl now.

Edited by wonky, 15 April 2013 - 02:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users