• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

"Town wanted to play midweek but Keighley weren't keen"

Who cares if they're not keen !!  Unless there's a good reason why they COULDN'T ,the game should've been played this week.

#42 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

The rules state that they will indeed be asked for their refusal reasonings ....Where one Club does not wish to play the Match on the date scheduled by following the agreed procedure..... then both Clubs are required to promptly make full written submissions to the Board which shall determine the date on which the Match shall be played. Unfortunately, despite the use of the word 'promptly', the prolonged nature of the system can mean that it is often inevitably too late to enforce the mid-week alternative fixture. It is also interesting to note that the Keighley site ignores the re-arrangement possibilities, their only focus is the cup match ahead. Perhaps time for us now to do the same.

I'm sure both clubs will have faxing facilities.    The match was called off Sunday morning.    Both clubs could have discussed dates that day and if they couldn't agree send a fax to the RFL on Monday for a decision to be made.    

However, if it is all done by pigeon post then there was never any chance of it being played mid-week, which is farcical!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#43 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I've just noticed the RFL ruling on the Town site reference this postponed game. It would be interesting to know the rationale for their decision.

#44 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yes we won't try to enforce our own directives , we won't go with the team who wants to fix a date , we'll just leave it up in the air for sometime in the intermediate future . But it will revert to midweek if no cup dates become available ... Yep Town or Keighley could make Wembley . Deary me , what a wishywashy impression the RFL give from all that . Should have been done and dusted last week with stronger RFL backing

Edited by DavidM, 19 April 2013 - 09:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users