TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls Super League licence (merged threads)

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

http://www.thetelegr...icence/?ref=rss

Posted Image

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Yeh, it came as no surprise but was a welcome peice of news. Something to build towards with the successes this season, we just need more peeps through the gates. It was a decent forum, but I had a good 5 minute chat with a senior member of staff about a few other things. While I believed the last lot, this group seems to be a good bunch but the work will take time.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

Done. Finally!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Good news,lets hope there is a big turn out on friday night.A near 20,000 crowd would greatly encourage the new owners and the weather is looking o.k.

#5 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

I love the comment on today's T&A piece from Blake Solly about cash flow being tight. Maybe it would be helped by giving the Bulls the full amount of SKY money.

#6 League Express

League Express
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

The RFL Board of Directors has agreed to extend Bradford Bulls’ Super League licence for a further 12 months to the end of the 2014 season.

The Board granted Bradford Bulls a 12-month licence to compete in the Super League in 2013 and it was always planned that this situation would be reviewed in April 2013 for a decision on the club’s position in 2014.

The decision follows a detailed review of the progress made by Bradford since the club was taken under new ownership in August 2012. The licence has been granted under the same terms as the award of the licence for the 2013 season.

-ends-

John Ledger

Communications Manager

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#7 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

It's the price we had to pay to the other clubs to buy their votes for being allowed back. No doubt it will be recouped in future years...

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#8 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

I am very pleased to hear this. I think Bradford are making a real go of it and deserve an equal share, but I guess there are issues I am not aware of?

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Perhaps the deduction was a deterrent against people walking away from their debts?

What doesn't make sense is for other clubs to pocket the money themselves, rather than its being spent more generally for the benefit of the game - that amount of money would make a big difference to our World cup marketing budget.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Yorkshire Radio Super League twitter (link here) has said The RFL said it was the Bulls' idea as a sweetener to allow us back into Super League.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

Correct me if I’m going nuts (which I might be) – but as far as I’m aware this was brought up recently at the fans forum at the club. I must stress I wasn’t there, so I could be getting the wrong end of the stick but the actual punishment/sweetener (!) was that we actually would receive no Sky money for an entire season. However so the club didn’t have to go without, this was split over 2013 and - provisionally at the time-  2014. At the meeting the club implied they have known they had no room to negotiate on this for a long time, and the fact that so many people are surprised at this news is probably due to the way that neither the RFL or the Bulls have made the details of this deal explicitly clear. It works in the clubs favour as they can play the victim, when essentially they agreed to it. Not sure I agree with that, but then I have heard this “sweetener” tale before, but I guess we’ll never know how much Omar and co asked for it or if the RFL pushed for it (if you see what I mean).

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#12 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Anyhow it's great for all concerned that a club which has done so much for SL from day 1 is looking onwards and upwards.

#13 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Super League licence extended

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/22366461

#14 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

I wish people would stop banging on about this!

:lol:

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Already covered, but thanks for the good wishes!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Being discussed over at http://www.totalrl.c...c/238883-bulls/

(Not the most obvious title there mind)

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#17 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Being discussed over at http://www.totalrl.c...c/238883-bulls/

(Not the most obvious title there mind)

This one has a slightly more obvious title though http://www.totalrl.c...league-licence/

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#18 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

But still not the same amount of funding as other superleague clubs, whats the rationale behind this?

#19 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

But still not the same amount of funding as other superleague clubs, whats the rationale behind this?

Also being discussed here http://www.totalrl.c...c/238883-bulls/

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I think Canetman had a go at it too.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users