Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls Super League licence (merged threads)

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

But still not the same amount of funding as other superleague clubs, whats the rationale behind this?

cos they had future funding advanced to bail then out the ######....

thats how i understand it anyway

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#22 Cookie

Cookie
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Nope!

#23 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

For what seems like the thousandth time – the money Bradford were forwarded in the 2012 admiration period was money that the club would have gotten, just (very) slightly in advance. By the time the club came out administration they had had no more and no less than Sky funding than any other club that year. Not that hard to grasp, yet some people still make an almighty fist of it.

As you will read above it's actually more to do as a sweetner to take over the club, rather than anything to do with this issue which resolved cash flow.

Edited by Amber Avenger, 01 May 2013 - 01:25 PM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#24 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Even though we knew we'd be a full sky funding short of a picnic for two seasons, it's only come to light today with the link I quoted about it actually being Bradford's idea of a sweetener. The notion, among others, was bandied around but it's only this which puts it in the domain. So it sheds a little light from whence there was none.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#25 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Even though we knew we'd be a full sky funding short of a picnic for two seasons, it's only come to light today with the link I quoted about it actually being Bradford's idea of a sweetener. The notion, among others, was bandied around but it's only this which puts it in the domain. So it sheds a little light from whence there was none.

The club has consistently said that it was presented with this arrangement as the only way to get  a super league licence ever since the deal to buy the club was struck. Why anyone would accept some inane ramblings on twitter over direct quotes from Gerry Sutcliffe and Omar Khan amazes me as no-one at the RFL/SL has come out and denied the veracity of what they said. They've said this long and loud, and it would surely have been contradicted by the authorities if untrue, not to mention that it would have been uttterly stupid to have made the statements.

For most fans, we're just glad to be playing anyone, but I'm not alone in thinking that some other clubs need to take long hard look at themselves if they couldn't come up with a better idea of using the money than simply lining their own pockets.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users