TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Today

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thought we played ok without hitting top gear, no direspect to Haven who are a big strong outfit who imo deserved a bonus point.

If we can play a little off colour and still win i think thats a bonus.

Edited by Bat Lad, 14 April 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#2 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Although they were a big outfit I was surprised at the yardage we made when being tackled. Thought Byron had a stormer of a game, but so did all the other forwards.

Perhaps fortuitous that Gareth Moore returns the day that Ben Black is injured. A little bit of good fortune there I think.

And another try scored in the last minute - how many is that now?

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Quality to recover from an iffy start and to score again right at the death speaks volumes for the teamspirit

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Agree with PM. Another shakey start fr the dogs. Thought Baz was outstanding today. We seem to be playing so much better up the hill this season than down aswell. Looking forward to the challenge of Hudds next week. Probably gonna be a controversial comment as he has been a big point scorer recently but for me (apart from the 40/20) Hemingway seemed to be found out today. Very stationary and plenty of opportunity to take on the line which was declined each time. Stood still ball in hand most of the game. He is a good understudy be for me personally that's all he is. Gotta be be Moore & Black (Ribs permitting). We looked so much sharper and inventive with them at the helm. Also big shouts to Wally, Breth, Ash and Gaz. With a more desisive cutting edge we could have run up a big score today. Looking forward to the next 3 games. Up the Dogs. Lets see some people at the mount for this crucial part of the season!!!!

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

I thought Breth had his best game for a while and seems to be getting back to the form we saw when he first arrived at the dogs from that small club over the hill

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#6 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Agree about TH. He's been outstanding in recent games, but he wasn't too hot today. Looking forward to Applegarth coming back. Daft as it sounds based on our current results, I think he is a massive miss for us and he adds so much when in the XIII.

Walton was immense today both in attack and defence.

#7 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Agree with ND about Tom...very good kicking game but not really got the speed of thought or hand in comparison to Moore, who also creates more room for Ben Black too with his slick movement. Tom seems to hold onto the ball that split second too long at times, and doesn't take on the line enough at all, which is a tad frustrating as he has pace and a good step...the try against Dewsbury a prime example of that. Still, a decent and reliable back up. Moore and Black first choice though for me now, with Mennell and the impressive George F sharing the hooking role. Hopefully Black's rib injury isn't as bad as it looked.

Professional display today, despite a lack of cohesion in the main in attack with too many forward passes and dropped ball. Thought the pack were excellent throughout, particularly Ash, Brev, Rowe and my MOM Baz. The DR lads didn't let us down either.

Even though he didn't do anything particularly spectacular, Ayden Faal is starting to look like the player who used to cause us lots of problems when we played the rams too, which is a positive.

Agree with Chairman about Applegarth. Any team would miss his workrate and outstanding defence. He also acts as a bit of a leader on the field too.

Speaking of which, 129 points conceded in 10 games is an outstanding achievement, and one which the players, coaching staff and JK can be proud off. Add a little more consistency with ball in hand and there's no reason why we can't reach some finals this year.

Roll on the Giants.

Edited by Nick07, 14 April 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#8 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 698 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Walton was MOM for me. Solid performance and fearless going forward. scored 2 tries and could have had a third but he put Johnson in for one instead.

Baz had his best game so far this season too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users