Acton
Shackley

I think it will be to close to call tbh

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Dowes and Coward taking the sting out of the early stages , Thacks n Acton to wreak havoc off the bench when they notoriously tire . So Dowes for Shacks my only change , with Karl n Matty giving an awesome bench in all . Fine squad to win this game . Will we have a game in between ? When will we know ?
And I guess no DR for cup. And agreed about the close call to , Woodsy is a good coach who knows what he wants from them and they do have a good performance in them down there . I'd still rather go there in the league and take three priceless points to help push them toward the trapdoor and us further away from it ...

Edited by DavidM, 14 April 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#3 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Jam 18 town 24

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

20-28. again like the good Friday game i believe we have a better pack and forwards win games. The league is our priority but i feel we have enough to beat them.

#5 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

And then wigan at home would be nice PAYDAY

#6 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Carter
Miller
Mossop
Morris
Patrick
Connor
Forber
Dowes
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Stack
Lupton

Olstrom
Phillips
Acton
Thacks

They will come steaming out the blocks again but I think we will be expecting it and hopefully weather it better than Good Friday, need to keep a close eye on jjp as he's their biggest threat for me.

All in all I think we have enough to take them, town by 8 points both teams scoring 20 plus points

#7 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Haven to win by 6 Pts

#8 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Haven to win by 6 Pts

yeah spacey probably not a lot in it. I think who ever wants it more will win it given its neither teams priority.

#9 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

I think this one could go either way, I don't know what you are all thinking, but I'm pretty relaxed about this one. If we play to our potential we will win again, if we don't and haven do, we will lose, simple as.

I won't be losing any sleep over this one, but would be gutted if they beat us in June. Looking forward to a few pints in havens finest drinking holes, and hopefuly we we will see a cracking derby game.

UP THE TOWN

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Agreed . It's just the potential of a juicy home draw in the next round and of course the raw feeling of winning a derby that's the motivation here , but I'm losing no sleep . Totally singleminded this year .I know the derby I want to win , and that one can help save one side and bury the other ...

Edited by DavidM, 16 April 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

does anyone know if shaun briscoe is back up this week? the lad seems really keen to play for town, and with him out of contract at the end of the year, playing him a few times this year will go some way to persuade him to sign for us. and with brett only on a 1 year deal its always good to have a contingency plan. i would maybe even try a carter/connor partnership at half back, that would certainly ignite some pace and power into the halves.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#12 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

does anyone know if shaun briscoe is back up this week?

No dual reg players will play sunday

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

SL teams are playing safe and not wanting anyone cup tied , but the desire and dedication the lad has shown , he definitely deserves a dig in the next league game if circumstances haven't changed for him .

Edited by DavidM, 16 April 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

I think this one could go either way, I don't know what you are all thinking, but I'm pretty relaxed about this one. If we play to our potential we will win again, if we don't and haven do, we will lose, simple as.

I won't be losing any sleep over this one, but would be gutted if they beat us in June. Looking forward to a few pints in havens finest drinking holes, and hopefuly we we will see a cracking derby game.

UP THE TOWN

i agree unicorn. It depends who wants it most. If we are up for it with matty and callum playing around our pack we will nick it. The big question is who wants a plum tie in the next round the most.

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Aye that's swings n roundabouts isn't it . It can earn you some cash and provide a memorable day , but it can dominate your thinking and take a lot of petrol and emotional energy out of you for a week or two .

Edited by DavidM, 16 April 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#16 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Haven by 20. 30-0 and 26-12 are some of the predictions so far on the haven forum. I think they are bit unpredictable at home. The haven fans will point to the eagles win although the eagles did play Friday night then Monday afternoon after the trip up here and they will point to half the game against fev. However if you look at their skolars home game where the C1 team racked Up 32 points at the wreck shows they aren't as fantastic at home as they make out but will be no pushovers and we will have to be up for it.

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Both teams are inconsistent . It's all on the day .

#18 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Haven by 20. 30-0 and 26-12 are some of the predictions so far on the haven forum. I think they are bit unpredictable at home. The haven fans will point to the eagles win although the eagles did play Friday night then Monday afternoon after the trip up here and they will point to half the game against fev. However if you look at their skolars home game where the C1 team racked Up 32 points at the wreck shows they aren't as fantastic at home as they make out but will be no pushovers and we will have to be up for it.

Even after beating then in the last 6 games, I couldn't imagine any Town fan coming on here and predicting a 30 point win !!!!!

#19 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Let's face it, it's a game neither club would have wanted at this stage of the season, with the league being the number one priority for both.   The hope is that the winners get a "plum" tie in the next round but the reality is that there isn't many "plum" ties around these days.    Super League clubs fans wont pay good money to watch their teams knocking 50, 60, 70, points in against a Championship side and most SL teams would fill their ranks with fringe or Under 20 players if they had to travel up here.     The days of making the sort of money we used to with a cup tie against Leeds or Wigan have gone.  Yet another thing that Super League has destroyed in our game.

So, Sunday's game will tell us nothing either way and I just hope that all our players come through it without any more injuries.  I would hope we can snatch a win but it will be close and certainly closer than some of those scores some Haven fans are predicting.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#20 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Yes you keep saying about eagles playing Friday but did you know that they has rested 5 regular players on Friday so to come in strong on Monday they were the words from Mark Astons own mouth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users