Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Squad and predictions for Haven

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#21 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

some of them are absolute lunatics. and they honestly dont seem to learn the lesson of setting themselves high for an almighty fall. but you never know, it is the fortress rec, and there undefeated there for nearly 3 weeks now.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#22 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yes you keep saying about eagles playing Friday but did you know that they has rested 5 regular players on Friday so to come in strong on Monday they were the words from Mark Astons own mouth

why would you as a dewsbury fan be interested in this thread??

#23 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Mr. Laughton will ref the match on Sunday

#24 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Just hope thacks can remain tight lipped then coz Mr Lawton likes to have a word or two with jamie.

Edited by bomber is god, 16 April 2013 - 04:22 PM.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

And Ronnie

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

'Once again they will not have played before they play us so will have fresh bodies' says Woodsy ... It's not a master plan mate !!! And ' we must improve or they'll beat us again ' .... We can still win if they do improve !!

#27 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

21 Apr KO:15:00 Challenge Cup Rd: 4
Whitehaven RLFC v Workington Town
Recreation Ground

Ref:

R Laughton

Touch J:

I Scott

Touch J:

M Wilson

Reserve:

C Etchells

M Com:

G Kershaw

#28 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yes you keep saying about eagles playing Friday but did you know that they has rested 5 regular players on Friday so to come in strong on Monday they were the words from Mark Astons own mouth

He might have said it Luggsy but some of them were no more regulars than ones he left out.    Tom Armstrong (8 games) left out Nev Morrison (5 games) in; James Davey (9 games) out Jack Howieson (8 games) in; Peter Green (8 games) out Alex Stostak (8 games) in; Colton Roche (6 games) out Pat Smith (3 games) in; and Dario Esposito (2 games) out Duane Straugher (8 games) in.   

That is not to say that Haven didn't do well to beat them but I think you get a little carried away at times.    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#29 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

'Once again they will not have played before they play us so will have fresh bodies' says Woodsy ... It's not a master plan mate !!! And ' we must improve or they'll beat us again ' .... We can still win if they do improve !!

We should be fresh, but I would Imagine Charlo and the rest of us would rather have played last Sunday. Two weeks without a game doesn't do you any favours apart from the guys who were nursing injuries. 

I expect haven to come at us with everything they have in the early stages, if we can stay with them in this period I fancy us to finish stronger than them..........But **** what do I know :rolleyes:

Anyone remember the game at DP when they were 18 . 0 up after 10 minutes :O we came back to win it with a late try, I think it was scored by John Allen, anyone remember what year it was ?

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

They went scooting ahead this year and last down here and we won , so yes if we're at parity after the initial exchanges we should be confident. We're super conditioned and play for 80 ( fitness wise at least ! ), and even the Skolars piled into them late .

Edited by DavidM, 16 April 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#31 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

If we want it we will win.

#32 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Anyone remember the game at DP when they were 18 . 0 up after 10 minutes :O we came back to win it with a late try, I think it was scored by John Allen, anyone remember what year it was ?

Keith T will know for certain, but I think it was Easter 1997 when John Allen scored two tries against Whitehaven

#33 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Anyone remember the game at DP when they were 18 . 0 up after 10 minutes :O we came back to win it with a late try, I think it was scored by John Allen, anyone remember what year it was ?[/quote]

Remember that game. Think John Allen got a couple that day. 97 maybe?? Remember big Soss (I think) going over and thinking it was game over!

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

We should be fresh, but I would Imagine Charlo and the rest of us would rather have played last Sunday. Two weeks without a game doesn't do you any favours apart from the guys who were nursing injuries. 

I expect haven to come at us with everything they have in the early stages, if we can stay with them in this period I fancy us to finish stronger than them..........But **** what do I know :rolleyes:

March 1997 - Town won 22 - 18

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Every time we go there I have visions of king Kenny slicing through from long range and aqua planing over from about 5 yards out !!

#36 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Every time we go there I have visions of king Kenny slicing through from long range and aqua planing over from about 5 yards out !!

Or Mark Mulligan crawling the last 2 or 3 yards to score!!   Or Buck Armstrong majestically striding in for a great try!!!

And we should include in them Elliott Miller's try last season when he left Calvert for dead!!!

Edited by Keith T, 16 April 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Mulligan's slalom run beating just about every defender . We were on fire at that stage of that great season . Baby face Deano sliced through for a beaut at that end to if my memory serves?

Edited by DavidM, 16 April 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Remember the 0-0 . It wasnt a bad game either for that . Forget when but quite unique you'd guess !

#39 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Remember the 0-0 . It wasnt a bad game either for that . Forget when but quite unique you'd guess !

We have had 4 draws with Haven over the years David, two 0 - 0, one 10 - 10 and the last one 30 - 30.   Two of the draws (0 - 0 & 10 - 10) came 3 weeks apart in 1963.

#40 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

And the width of a post off a fifth . Speaking of draws , I'm taking for granted that we'll play extra time and not a replay ... But is it golden point ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users