Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Squad and predictions for Haven

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#61 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

im going for a 104-2 victory for town........ i just thought haven fans were playing who can pick the most ridiculous scoreline so i thought i would join in. havens 2 points will come from a penalty being awarded for town being too awesome.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#62 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

After repeated warnings by mr Laughton !!

#63 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

im going for a 104-2 victory for town........ i just thought haven fans were playing who can pick the most ridiculous scoreline so i thought i would join in. havens 2 points will come from a penalty being awarded for town being too awesome.

:lol: 

They have made similar predictions for the last 6 games between the sides.  :rolleyes:

Up the Town!

#64 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Good to see Dual Registration working both ways. Good luck to Jack Gaskell starting on the bench tonight for Widnes U19 team against Wigan.

#65 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

as an outsider my prediction is Town by 7 (no coincidence there honest ;) )

Lee

Edited by morty, 18 April 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#66 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

You do realize Wonky that your post will have been cut and pasted on to deluded.com, and they will be spitting feathers at your prediction.......they don't do irony on there I'm afraid.

#67 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Good luck to young Jack . Dedicated and uncomplaining , great attitude and potential and not a little talent . Your time will come ! All the best down there .

#68 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

You do realize Wonky that your post will have been cut and pasted on to deluded.com, and they will be spitting feathers at your prediction.......they don't do irony on there I'm afraid.

ohh mate, i know it was a ridiculous prediction...... haven wont even get the 2.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#69 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Good to see Dual Registration working both ways. Good luck to Jack Gaskell starting on the bench tonight for Widnes U19 team against Wigan.

Not heard of Jack Gaskell.Where does he play mate?

#70 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Brett Phillips is will not be fit for the haven match. dont worry Shacks will play a blinder as he always does against the Jam.

#71 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Not heard of Jack Gaskell.Where does he play mate?

young jack plays hooker and frontrow forward and to me he looks like a young les boyd hence he is not tall but,if you stand in his way you will get knocked down.It will be jacks first game for widnes and he will be a little apprehensive at the start but once he has the ball in hand he will suprise a few people,i think he is starting in the front row,or i should say when he is chosen to go on the field,good luck jack,show them how young cumbrian lads go.
Posted Image

#72 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Based on nether team getting a bonus point against you and you scoring in the last minute to deny both?

That would OBVIOUSLY make them 12 points better than us......

#73 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

The physcology is with Town likes of Houghton Doran etc never play well because there opposite numbers always dominate them and that gives Town a big edge ironic Doran always talks a good game in the papers if Brett doesn't play he might not get dumped on his ###### and drop balls all game
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#74 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

The physcology is with Town likes of Houghton Doran etc never play well because there opposite numbers always dominate them and that gives Town a big edge ironic Doran always talks a good game in the papers if Brett doesn't play he might not get dumped on his ###### and drop balls all game

Doran should be easy to mark as all you have to do is follow the referee around the pitch, he'll be there about 1 metre away!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#75 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

That guy twines maore than our lass.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#76 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Based on nether team getting a bonus point against you and you scoring in the last minute to deny both?

That would OBVIOUSLY make them 12 points better than us......

Touchy! He is just giving his unbiased opinion on a public forum. He is entitled to do so you know. Calm down!

#77 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Touchy! He is just giving his unbiased opinion on a public forum. He is entitled to do so you know. Calm down!

distantdog looking at your posts on here i'm thinking your a solicitor. We have beaten them the last 6 matches. We have a far better pack and two players in callum and matty who will open them up. However it is on their pitch and it is derby. Its neither clubs priority and will be down to who wants it most and i don't think there will be lot in it. Our game there in June is 100 times more important.

Edited by town4me, 19 April 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#78 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

distantdog looking at your posts on here i'm thinking your a solicitor. We have beaten them the last 6 matches. We have a far better pack and two players in callum and matty who will open them up. However it is on their pitch and it is derby. Its neither clubs priority and will be down to who wants it most and i don't think there will be lot in it. Our game there in June is 100 times more important.

So you agree with him that it will be close then? For what it's worth I think it may be closer than 6 points, with you slight favourites.

#79 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

granted towny you prob have gotta stronger pack but your not exactly world beaters you,ve only won 3 league games so far none against the top teams gonna be tight on sun mind you for what were paying for pora you lot have got a belter in acton

#80 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Neither team are world beaters . The league game was a shocking quality . And it isn't beating the top teams that matters , it's beating the teams around you . You have a big bonus in the Eagles result . I'm ambivalent on this one , we must survive , that's all that matters . League games from now on are all Cup finals .On the day on Sunday as folk have said . And Acton is great , real cult hero here already .

Edited by DavidM, 19 April 2013 - 10:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users