Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Squad and predictions for Haven

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#81 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Yes distantdog my 20-28 prediction earlier in the thread suggests i don't think there will be lot in it. Donald forwards win games and if our pack perform i think we will win however it will be a tough derby game. The winners of this could be the losers injuries wise and the prize of a money spinning SL opposition game might not happen.

#82 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Every club and team should want to go as far as they can in all competitions.If players need resting or injured you can always get dual registered players.

#83 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Every club and team should want to go as far as they can in all competitions.If players need resting or injured you can always get dual registered players.

can't get DR for the cup as no one will want players cup tied. Yes its nice to go far as you can but on the other hand no one can afford to drop out of this league and this year the league is far more important.

#84 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

granted towny you prob have gotta stronger pack but your not exactly world beaters you,ve only won 3 league games so far none against the top teams gonna be tight on sun mind you for what were paying for pora you lot have got a belter in acton

On that topic Donald, whats your view on Pora? I have only seen him once in the derby and I couldn't believe how poor he was. Is he as old as the rumour and just here for the final big payday or is he finding hard to settle over here?

As for Acton - he is a beast! He's also very fit for a lad that runs as hard as he does and I wouldn't mind betting he is being looked at by bigger teams as he's still fairly young.

The weather might play a big part on Sunday as it isn't a great forecast. If the pitch turns into a paddy field anything can happen, Calvert loves it in his size 15 boots diving into puddles!!!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#85 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

On that topic Donald, whats your view on Pora? I have only seen him once in the derby and I couldn't believe how poor he was. Is he as old as the rumour and just here for the final big payday or is he finding hard to settle over here?
As for Acton - he is a beast! He's also very fit for a lad that runs as hard as he does and I wouldn't mind betting he is being looked at by bigger teams as he's still fairly young.
The weather might play a big part on Sunday as it isn't a great forecast. If the pitch turns into a paddy field anything can happen, Calvert loves it in his size 15 boots diving into puddles!!!

hasn,t really done out special yet done a few good runs at batley last week played quite well at barrow 2nd half apart from that hasn,t done much doesn,t look that fit in my opinion supposed to be 32 not sure about that either mind you i seen him and jessie in the town the other day and he does look like a beast mind hope he eventually becomes one on the pitch 2 of me mates are top ultimate fighters and after watching them i know how fit people in them circles are so acton will be in that standard fitness wise looked unstppable last time and to me it was him changed the game once he came on last time

#86 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

hasn,t really done out special yet done a few good runs at batley last week played quite well at barrow 2nd half apart from that hasn,t done much doesn,t look that fit in my opinion supposed to be 32 not sure about that either mind you i seen him and jessie in the town the other day and he does look like a beast mind hope he eventually becomes one on the pitch 2 of me mates are top ultimate fighters and after watching them i know how fit people in them circles are so acton will be in that standard fitness wise looked unstppable last time and to me it was him changed the game once he came on last time

Aye he made a big difference last time when he came on.
If Pora isn't fit by now he never will be mate, what's he been doing back home all these months waiting to get the visa? Eating?? He will be up for Sunday after getting put on his ###### so many times at DP.
If the weather doesn't spoil the game it should be a good one. Pity it's gonna be wet as unless we go in the Lego stand there ain't any cover, and no I don't like watching from behind the sticks before you mention the Kells end. Have they got the PA system sorted yet as I couldn't hear a thing last time? If only you had some cash for stadium improvements.............., sorry couldn't resist ha ha!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#87 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Aye he made a big difference last time when he came on.
If Pora isn't fit by now he never will be mate, what's he been doing back home all these months waiting to get the visa? Eating?? He will be up for Sunday after getting put on his ###### so many times at DP.
If the weather doesn't spoil the game it should be a good one. Pity it's gonna be wet as unless we go in the Lego stand there ain't any cover, and no I don't like watching from behind the sticks before you mention the Kells end. Have they got the PA system sorted yet as I couldn't hear a thing last time? If only you had some cash for stadium improvements.............., sorry couldn't resist ha ha!!

na PA systems still 5hit pora was still playing at a decent level before he came over his team won the grand final in PNG before he came over and his team went over to australia to play a friendly against a queensland cup team and stuffed them cant remember which aussie team it was but i know obst plays for them and demetriou is the coach

#88 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Demetriou coaches the Northern Pride , feeder club to the Cowboys up in Townsville , and they're top of the Queensland Cup .

#89 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Demetriou coaches the Northern Pride , feeder club to the Cowboys up in Townsville , and they're top of the Queensland Cup .

thats the team marra

#90 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Team for sunday CARTER MILLER MOSSOP MORRIS PATRICK FORBER CONNER COWARD PHILLIPS DOWES STACK SHACKLEY LUPTON BENCH THACKARY ACTON MATTY OLSTRUM

#91 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

I would put Matty on first then Callum to come on 20 in

#92 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Good 17 . No excuses with that side . Bench to be very important again and ours is a snorter .

#93 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

I just think that haven will try to come out with all guns blazing for the first 20. And i think Matty will have a biggerimpact of the bench when things start to quiet down???

#94 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

That bench is sexual

#95 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

And Matty's direct probing and quick silver surges from dummy half up the guts are doubly lethal against packs starting to run low on petrol. Then much later if you want you can even have him and Callum on together for double torment down the middle . As I've said before ... Run run run !!! And of course Olstrum is direct to , so we've a mobile spearhead that opposition packs will have fits trying to keep up with .

Edited by DavidM, 19 April 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#96 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

That bench is sexual

And Matty's direct probing and quick silver surges from dummy half up the guts are doubly lethal against packs starting to run low on petrol. Then much later if you want you can even have him and Callum on together for double torment down the middle . As I've said before ... Run run run !!!

OOO-ERR!!!!  :D

#97 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

At the moment Widnes are just beating Doncaster 24 - 18.   Two tries for Briscoe and 1 for Lawton.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#98 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

OOO-ERR!!!! :D

:lol: ey up!

#99 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Voodoo's had that Carry On box set out again !!!!

#100 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

That bench is very impressive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users