Photo
- - - - -

Salford Reds - New signings, rumours etc (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

There have been lots of rumours recently about SL clubs signing Welsh RU players. It's like pre-1995 all over again!

Could be good for the international team if it works out.
Posted Image

#42 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,647 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

In every Superleague team, I think you can get away with journeymen forwards and average backs (which, apart from Jodie Broughton is the current case with Salford) if you've got top notch dominating playmakers and a very reliable goalkicker.

If I was Brian Noble,my first two targets would be Rangi Chase and Danny Brough.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#43 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

An interesting hour last night on Radio Manchester with Salfords two Doctors, Still seems to be a few gaps in Dr Koukash's knowledge he needs to address, such as not knowing if its the RFL or other clubs in Super League he needs to negotiate with regarding his salary cap discussions.

Certainly a good  hours radio and they make an interesting couple, Noble sounded like he was in it for the long term as did Koukash to be fair and he seems alot more grounded now in terms of expectations and what can be achieved in a short space of time.  Lots of positive talk about bulding a community club which can only be good for Salford in the long term.  Worth a listen on the iPlayer for sure if you missed it.

#44 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

In every Superleague team, I think you can get away with journeymen forwards and average backs (which, apart from Jodie Broughton is the current case with Salford) if you've got top notch dominating playmakers and a very reliable goalkicker.

If I was Brian Noble,my first two targets would be Rangi Chase and Danny Brough.

Rangi won't be going to another SL club. He can't get a visa... unless the Doctor knows how to buy one of those...
Posted Image

#45 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

There have been lots of rumours recently about SL clubs signing Welsh RU players. It's like pre-1995 all over again!

Could be good for the international team if it works out.

Not many people know this but Dan Lydiate was born in Salford (my dad knows his dad) but moved to Wales at a young age.

Can't see how any club could match the riches on offer in French rugby union though.

#46 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Rangi won't be going to another SL club. He can't get a visa... unless the Doctor knows how to buy one of those...

Isn't he married to an English girl now?

#47 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

An interesting hour last night on Radio Manchester with Salfords two Doctors, Still seems to be a few gaps in Dr Koukash's knowledge he needs to address, such as not knowing if its the RFL or other clubs in Super League he needs to negotiate with regarding his salary

Certainly a good hours radio and they make an interesting couple, Noble sounded like he was in it for the long term as did Koukash to be fair and he seems alo
t more grounded now in terms of expectations and what can be achieved in a short space of time. Lots of positive talk about bulding a community club which can only be good for Salford in the long term. Worth a listen on the iPlayer for sure if you missed it.

Have you got a link?

Edited by The Daddy_merged, 19 April 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#48 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Have you got a link?

Not to hand, it'll be Rugby League Extra for last night on Radio Manchesters section of the BBC iPlayer.

#49 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Have you got a link?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p01732zt

#50 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Long Gone -  http://www.mancheste...salford-2820156

#51 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Making a habit of walking out on Noble is Sean.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#52 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Making a habit of walking out on Noble is Sean.

Hopefully he didnt wet the bed this time!

#53 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p01732zt

Cheers.

#54 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Koukash pays Ed Farrish to know how RL is run.

The radio Manchester RL hour was interesting

Looking forward to horses named after the club I can see Salford Red Devil racing against Gabriel the Thug (really named after his son)

Noble says he wants players and staff that want to be at Salford. Sounds very much like Karl Harrison in his though process.

Long always saw Salford as a stop gap until he returns to Saints. Shame he looks like he is going, but lets see who replaces him before any doom and gloom strikes.

#55 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Looking forward to horses named after the club I can see Salford Red Devil racing against Gabriel the Thug (really named after his son)

Tex Evans' fetlock? :P

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#56 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,191 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Isn't he married to an English girl now?

with a baby born in this country

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#57 USN

USN
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

We have 4 pairs of VIP Hospitality tickets to give away for the Salford City Reds match vs Castleford Tigers on 27th April at Salford City Stadium!

Answer a simple question on our blog to enter

http://blog.usn.co.u...tleford-tigers/

#58 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Sean Long just resigned..  http://www.superleag...tant-coach.html

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#59 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

#60 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Knew it wouldn't be long for Long!!! 

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users