James mendeika

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#1 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Its been reported he's gone to London Bronco's on loan,Was this lad one of the players you signed on contract from Warrington?.

#2 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Its been reported he's gone to London Bronco's on loan,Was this lad one of the players you signed on contract from Warrington?.

Have looked back and he wasn't one of the 6........damn :rolleyes:

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Looks like your mob will be grateful for some loanees after yesterday. ..then again your agreement isn't like everyone elses is it? Ha ha

#4 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

No was dual reg with us this year, then we signed him and was
dual reg with leigh last year. Do I detect bitterness?

Edited by Little Lion Man, 15 April 2013 - 08:40 PM.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#5 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Not from me,and quite frankly im not that bothered anymore.
I'm just fascinated how all this is going to devolop over the next 18 months

#6 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

More of the same no doubt, might as well be called warrington lions now as we have become nothing more than a warrington acadamy/reserve side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/22154014

Edited by juliancaine, 15 April 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#7 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Might as well moan about it on here over and over again. COPY...PASTE

#8 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

If we signed him why has it been reported he's on loan from Warrington?
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

Isn't it amazing how some of us are all ready to crucify one of our local media when they screw up
facts when reporting on the Lions, but when they report something that fits with the most recent conspiracy theory, some of us are all ready to accept it on face value?
Posted Image

#10 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

Its nothing new for Tony Rea to target young British players from the part time clubs and try to tempt them to give London a go. One of his previous targets from the Lions was Andy Coley.

Comes down to two key factors; the particular circumstances of the Broncos (the amateur and schools game local to them is getting stronger, but there is still some way to go), and; the commonly adopted contract conditions that nowadays give SL clubs carte blanc to cherry pick young players without paying a transfer fee.

In some ways 'fair play' to Tony Rea, both for taking the opportunity left open to him and for giving young guys with potential a chance at the top level. Its far from a satisfactory situation for the part time clubs to be left in, though.

It leads us as a game towards the situation where part time clubs don't see it as being in their best interests to spend anything on developing their own players.

Short of the part time clubs working together to put an end to SL opt out clauses in player contracts, the only way I can see around this problem nowadays would be for the RFL to insist on certain standards of youth development at each club. But considering the direction of travel with what they've done with SL academies that hardly seems likely.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#11 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

Plus I cannot believe for one moment that this deal has not been ratified by Tony Smith.

He's now got Matty Blythe on loan at Bradford, Brad Dwyer at Huddersfield and James Mendeika at London. All goes to show - the priority for Warrington is rightly on the development of their own players and if opportunity presents itself the preferred option is to have them on loan with another club in Super League rather than at. Swinton Lions.

People should be under no illusions about where Swinton Lions stand in the pecking order.

Edited by PhillH, 16 April 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Well they're second in your pecking order. ...

Sorry couldn't resist another jibe

Doubt will miss him to be honest. Ive not noticed him stand out so far. Hes never ever a stand off.

As for the politics behind it I don't give a stuff
Which player wouldn't want to play in super league? Its no different than the way Al Hurst left us and he was a Swinton player not DR not on loan not anything but.

#13 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Well they're second in your pecking order. ...

Sorry couldn't resist another jibe

Doubt will miss him to be honest. Ive not noticed him stand out so far. Hes never ever a stand off.

As for the politics behind it I don't give a stuff
Which player wouldn't want to play in super league? Its no different than the way Al Hurst left us and he was a Swinton player not DR not on loan not anything but.

Its not totally black and white -  there are instances where players have had an opportunity to play in Super League but decided against.  Its a question of personal circumstances.  The money on offer even at the top of RL isn't in the astronomical range, so if a player has prospects of an alternative, relatively well paid job that is likely to be more secure and last longer than his RL playing career it can be a difficult call to give it up.  Tom Armstrong being a current example of someone that's decided playing part time suits at the moment.

Yes - what happened with Al Hurst is symptomatic of the problem.  In my view that's not a satisfactory situation and its one that is currently damaging the overall health of RL, especially the health of the clubs outside Super League and the development of young players.  In my view its therefore a situation that ought to be fought against.  Sadly, reflected by your take on things, everyone seems to have accepted there is no real option to fight and its better to just roll over and be content being a puppy to the Super League clubs nowadays.  It's at the heart of the reasons why attendances across the Championship are dropping like a stone if you ask me - the competition is fast losing any credibility.

#14 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Ive merely accepted that most players are keen to be full time players rather thsn digging a ditch all week and flogging their guts out every weekend
My attitude or take on things is only sad given your take on my post which as usual you have spun to be something you believe it to be rsther than what it is

#15 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I was sure someone has already posted on here that swintons attendances for the first 5 home games were up on the same fixtures last year. An that is with the unusually bad weather so far.

If attendnces are falling, I blame boring modern rugby. Look how well fax are doing and the fans were unhappy with the style of play!

Also saw a small piece in the advertiser (nee journal) about the latest folly superstar.......on wigans books. Would it be any different even at that level if we had a youth set up?

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#16 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Smoke and mirrors......

http://mobilebespoke...19934aec74c555e
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Speaking of smoke and mirrors what about salfords owners asking the rugby league to let them break the salary cap, its not as if they stick to the rules as it is.

#18 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Ive merely accepted that most players are keen to be full time players rather thsn digging a ditch all week and flogging their guts out every weekend
My attitude or take on things is only sad given your take on my post which as usual you have spun to be something you believe it to be rsther than what it is

Or perhaps what you have done is make a generalisation that the only career option a RL player can have outside of the sport is low paid manual labour. Quite insulting of you.

The most positive response to the loss of players (not only to Super League but also to clubs higher up the Championship) is to grow income, such that Swinton Lions would be more capable of retaining them. It seems to me that both Mssrs Kidd and yourself have lost the hope and belief that the club can ever feasibly grow its income much beyond what it is today. So the entire basis on which the club is now being run is to operate with minimum overheads.

If I've got that one wrong, perhaps you can confirm that you believe the club isn't presently achieving its full potential and be specific about the reasons why.

#19 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

More spin Phil. You are a joke
I merely used digging ditches as an example. When I'm at work and colleagues are moaning about their lot I often say it could be worse you could be digging a ditch for a living. I don't think its a rare expression!
Im well aware we have teachers and it experts in our ranks
I have never ever lost hope. That sir is your department.

Edited by mark richardson, 17 April 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#20 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

And as for the homework you've set me in the final paragraph. ..jeez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users