Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

James mendeika

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#21 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Mark, maybe you can deliver your answer in the IIMARCH format and possibly ensure, if you are going to make any recommendations, they are SMART?

Blah, blah PhillH, really don't know why you come on here, apart from the obvious to wind people up???

Stand by for ridiculously lengthy reply with numerous links to your vastly superior grip on the world and condescending manner.

I do concede that the written word can be misinterpreted, but that's how you come across to me.

#22 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Philh, with so called fans like you and citizen caine and a few other mouth almightys Swinton as no chance what so ever of reaching it's potential. A true fan is one who supports the club through thick or thin, rain or shine. What we don't need are the Johnny come latelys preaching there so called advice to us.As true fans we know full well what the situation is we don't need you to tell us, it's becoming groung hog day.

#23 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

The only insulting thing on here Phil seem to be your replies. You seem to be a troll masquerading as an intellectual. Shame im sure there is someone nice under all that vindictiveness.Somewhere.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#24 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

This Mendeika thing, I'm at a loss as to all this, Swinton Signed him on as a player on a 12 month contract. I am led to beleive this is correct, If this is indeed the case then why would he train full time with Warrington ?. Also why would Swinton Allow a player who is/was of suffient quality for you to sign him off warrington in the first place go to London on a LOAN, If it was that he signed for london then fair enough there coulod be some recompence for this, but loaning him out. I'm afraid it looks as though the whole DR| stinks and that Warrington/Swinton are indeed breaking the rules that were clearly written on the back of a fag packet. I'm not having a go at swinton but surely even those with the rosiest swinton glasses on can see this as a charade.

#25 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Yawn.!! Alex Hurst signed for us.....London came in and offered Alex a place (accepted on a full time contract after trials) the club didn't stand in his way and rightly so since youngsters have to be allowed to play at the highest level. The same situation applies to Mendeka despite the fact he is on a season long loan.
Lets say the club dug it's heels in and said no to both of those examples then do you not think it leads to unhappy players.

#26 kingspeedbump

kingspeedbump
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

If he is a Swinton player, why is it reported on the Warrington site. I did think that any of those who were not eligable for their Academy squad, that they were simply signing a 12 month contract with Swinton. There's the suggestion that he is a Warrington player on their site. I've kept my opinions to myself regarding DR, but this really doesn't look right!

http://www.warringto...l-on-loan--6136

#27 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Yawn.!! Alex Hurst signed for us.....London came in and offered Alex a place (accepted on a full time contract after trials) the club didn't stand in his way and rightly so since youngsters have to be allowed to play at the highest level. The same situation applies to Mendeka despite the fact he is on a season long loan.
Lets say the club dug it's heels in and said no to both of those examples then do you not think it leads to unhappy players.

Edited by Ackropj, 18 April 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#28 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Im not being funny here but sod unhappy players, they get paid to do a job, Loaning is total ###### and you know it, You cant afford to get rid of your better players on loan... seriously... Deluded and head is so far south its untrue. Your fighting to stay up this year so you get rid of your better players. ahahahah

Also why the hell would a swinton player train full time with warrington ?. are swinton paying this chaps Full time wages, that and the other 5 ?. must have made a shed load of money somewhere to pay for 6 full time players and then send them to train with warrington. I wonder how that would make me feel as another player not getting full time wages and being offered the chance to train with Warringtons elite.

Things just reek around this whole thing, you know it does, i know it does and no doubt in my mind that redhall do too.

#29 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Im not being funny here but sod unhappy players, they get paid to do a job, Loaning is total ###### and you know it, You cant afford to get rid of your better players on loan... seriously... Deluded and head is so far south its untrue. Your fighting to stay up this year so you get rid of your better players. ahahahah

"Sod unhappy players, they get paid to do a job" perhaps someone should tell that to Andy Ballard who of course was one of our players.

#30 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

"Sod unhappy players, they get paid to do a job" perhaps someone should tell that to Andy Ballard who of course was one of our players.

What has this to do with Ballard?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#31 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

What has this to do with Ballard?

Nothing Loyal...other than to emphasise that if players are unhappy they can withhold their services and by not allowing Mendeika or Hursty to go then a similar situation could arise.

#32 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Mendeika is neither one of our better players nor as has been explained many many times before would he have been on a large full time contract

Bearing both of those facts in mind the objection is that we signed him in an underhand way. Numerous official statements have stated what we are doing is above board

In a week when we have lost a number of dual reg options we have also made three none dual reg signings of a quality in my opinion which is equal if not higher than those players we have lost. The club's efforts to improve the squad raise barely a whimper in comparison to this none event.
The curse of rugby leagues conspiracy theorists rules again.

Edited by mark richardson, 18 April 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#33 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Nothing Loyal...other than to emphasise that if players are unhappy they can withhold their services and by not allowing Mendeika or Hursty to go then a similar situation could arise.

Thanks for that. Thought he'd signed for someone else for a minute.

As for Mendieka, money speaks volumes! All the young lads we have playing for us would be off in a flash to a super league club if the cheque book was opened, as they would at any other club. They want to play rugby at the highest level for the best contract they can secure. End of!
The issue is whether they are our players or Wires. I don't know what the ins and outs are between the two clubs and the RFL. They set the rules and the clubs follow them to the best outcome for their club. Super league clubs cannot stand up and say they are squeaky clean and neither can the 'big five' in our league. They will, and do, what's best for them and we are doing the same. If the rules change for next season we'll do what's best then too!

Please, if you don't think its right, dont come on here continually moaning at us and saying the same things. Bombard the RFL instead until they come around to your way of thinking, or not, because we won't!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#34 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Who "owns" a player is a big issue that runs through all sports. Primarily the Swinton team  is made up of the players who play that week. Whether they be "under" contract, trialists, Dual Reg, Loans, Swinton Supporters, IT consultants,  born in Wigan, forum trolls, super models, over 23s, under 23s, good, bad or indifferent.

We have already discussed to death the value of a contract in sport so on what basis are we to decide "whether they are our players". Who these days "owns" players? Who ever did "own" players?

The debate/argument becomes more obscure the longer it goes on. In what way does Swinton lending Mendieka to London affect other clubs? Grow up, it is all about self interest.

The main/only issue of any such arrangements is surely how it affects the future of the clubs involved. That may be in attendences, finances, existence, trophys, community work and many other factors. And of course the answer to this none of us KNOW the future.

Crystal Balls at the ready.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#35 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

I think he's played fairly well for us this season. Nothing amazing, but he's scored two almost identical tries as Keighley and Fev. Good luck to him at London.

I'd have expected people to be happy, it's one less player "from Warrington" that can play for the Lions. Not only that, but we've signed 3 players of our own. Mendieka and Dwyer out on loan, Burke and Laithwaite injured, three new Swinton signings! Either way, I'd have to agree, people voicing their angers on this forum (repeatedly), isn't going to do anything at all. We're fans of Swinton, we go to watch them play every week, we don't write their contracts.

#36 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Bryce and little lion man....I couldn't agree more
Its become repetitive strain of the eyes and ears.

#37 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

This forum is for open debate. Im entitled to my opinion just as much as other posters. What I don't like is the brow beaters and thought police that tell me what to post. If it's re-iteration of previous issues it's most likely because that individual feels strongly about it. And before i am belittled as a troll or antagonist i bleed the same colour as you all, Lions blue. Even if i do feel that it has been diluted somewhat this year
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

I've not really said people aren't entitled to their opinions, it's just the same stuff over and over again. If you feel so strongly, do something about it, coming on here will not do anything at all.

The RFL make the rules, I'd start with them.

#39 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

I've not really said people aren't entitled to their opinions, it's just the same stuff over and over again. If you feel so strongly, do something about it, coming on here will not do anything at all.
The RFL make the rules, I'd start with them.

. How can it be the same! Mendieka has only just been loaned to London! It's the fact that this has been imparted on the Warrington site that has led to the debate.

#40 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Im pretty much certain on this open forum I can say over and over again how bored I am of the constant return to this topic
How the verbal brow beaters feel the need to tell us how wrong and how rubbish it all is and expect us to agree with them and post in the same fashion.
Its not a debate. Its a load of opinion based on a bobbins amount of fact.
Im bored to tears with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users