Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

James mendeika

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#41 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

. How can it be the same! Mendieka has only just been loaned to London! It's the fact that this has been imparted on the Warrington site that has led to the debate.

It's the D/R issue with Warrington isn't it? Same issue as before? One less "Warrington" player away from the Lions however you look at it.

#42 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

It's not the DR issue. It's the open debate about the reporting that he is a Warrington player as reported by them. If we can't talk about it here when can we?
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

It's not the DR issue. It's the open debate about the reporting that he is a Warrington player as reported by them. If we can't talk about it here when can we?

Look back at the countless topics with the rest of the RL world telling us that the 6 players we signed in January are still Wire players and the Swinton Lions are no more than a feeder club. It's come up over and over again. It has been talked to death.

However, you will also find a letter posted on here, from the RFL, stating that the 6 players in question had been signed on by Swinton and were 100% Swinton players (same issue as above) in their eyes. Read into that what you will, but the RFL has also released a statement saying that there is confusion over the current situation with Mendieka. They have stated that he is on loan at London Broncos from Swinton Lions.

And again, I'm not saying you can't post it on here, I'm just stating that it's the same posts over and over again, it's boring IMO. And as people have done previously you can raise it with the RFL, Warrington and Swinton.

Finally, as many fans have stated, the situation is most definitely not ideal but with the current rules as they are it's the best chance Swinton Lions (and the other DR teams) have of staying in the Championship, FACT. Maybe, and hopefully, the rules will change next season and we'll get on with supporting our team as a collective. In the meantime this is what we have been given, get behind the lads playing in the Swinton blue.

Edited by Bryce, 18 April 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#44 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

i bleed the same colour as you all, Lions blue.

No Kozo you really don't. Your support comes with conditions, my support is unconditional. massive difference.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#45 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

I think with all RL fans the game is in your blood, it's infection began with seeing Danny Wilson as a very small child. I just can't help it if i think external influences are diluting it.
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

It is "same old, same old" so far as those who support the way Swinton Lions have gone about partnering, but the loan deal for James Mendeika provides fresh evidence to support the views of those of us who believe the "signing" of 6 players by Swinton from Warrington was a total sham.

Warrington have reported Mendeika is still a Warrington player. London have reported Mendeika is still a Warrington player. Surely anyone seeing this must at least have SOME doubts about the sincerity of his supposed 12 month deal to be a Swinton player?? Blind loyalty is being taken to another level otherwise!
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#47 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Nobody ever doubted him or the others to be anything other than Warrington assets the term loan qualifying that. I guess the question is can a Loan player then be re-loaned on to another club by the original loan club.
Well clearly the answer is yes and clearly Warrington would have had to have input into it.
A loan is exactly what it says something used by another person and then returned.

#48 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

It is "same old, same old" so far as those who support the way Swinton Lions have gone about partnering, but the loan deal for James Mendeika provides fresh evidence to support the views of those of us who believe the "signing" of 6 players by Swinton from Warrington was a total sham.

Warrington have reported Mendeika is still a Warrington player. London have reported Mendeika is still a Warrington player. Surely anyone seeing this must at least have SOME doubts about the sincerity of his supposed 12 month deal to be a Swinton player?? Blind loyalty is being taken to another level otherwise!

I don't think people are behind the way we've gone about it Phil. But I'm not going to sit in on a Sunday or watch S**ford, I'm going to watch the Lions.

#49 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Its now about the sincerity of the player?
Make your mind up which argument it is.

Im sure none of us think any of this situation is ideal.
Its rugby league so its all a huge cock up

The difference for me is I don't believe its such a big deal that I have to remove my support for something whos existence is tenuous ,even if you're being generous, at best
We ALL know things are far from perfect at our own club and many others.
I certainly don't need a pseudo intellectual breakdown of such insulting condescension from anyone as to what and why something is not perfect

The concentration on one negative aspect has become ridiculous.

The signing of the three none DR players this week gives a clear hint at a plan for the future. No histrionics on that thread. In fact barely a word spoken

Good or bad its time to man up and get behind our team

And it is BLUND LOYALTY. Its not a bad thing
Its what makes us true fans

I hope you can find that same feeling at Leigh

Edited by mark richardson, 19 April 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#50 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Blind loyalty, missed that bit. Do you know you're addressing the fans of a club that hasn't played in the town for the last twenty years?! And it's not because we win the league every year is it?!

In fact, most Swinton fans would probably turn around and say "yes, I am completely mental, I'm a Swinton fan". You seem to be trying to rationalise irrational behaviours.

#51 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yes once again the negs never mention the three excellent signings made by the club as it doesn't fit in with the eeyore way of looking at the club. Getting very boring now.:(

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#52 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

I assume you have loaned Glenn Riley to Warrington seeing as he's been named in their squad for Sunday ?

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#53 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I assume you have loaned Glenn Riley to Warrington seeing as he's been named in their squad for Sunday ?

Why are you asking us?

#54 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Why are you asking us?

Well he is one of your bona fide signed players......isn't he ?

Very charitable of your club to loan him out, especially as he won't be able to play for you for 4 weeks afterwards.

#55 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

I loaned him out (even though I think he's D/R). Warrington needed a player and the SL experience will do him a world of good. This is RL Manager 2013 right?

#56 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

I loaned him out (even though I think he's D/R). Warrington needed a player and the SL experience will do him a world of good. This is RL Manager 2013 right?

He's not DR, he was one of the 6 who were transferred and whom Swinton hold the playing registrations for. The RFL confirmed the 6 players as :-

J Mendeika
J Morrison
J Burke
R Shaw
G Ormsby
G Riley

#57 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Erm, nice one. Well done.

#58 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Love all this. lots of none Swinton fans ripping into Swinton. Im sure the terminology is troll. after all what can we do about it.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#59 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Love all this. lots of none Swinton fans ripping into Swinton. Im sure the terminology is troll. after all what can we do about it.

Not trolling at all, actually I feel sorry for you Lions fans. Your own club is taking the #### out of you but if you're ok with that then good luck to you. If you're happy that your club loans one of your own players (allegedly) to Warrington because they want to rest some of their stars and in the process it means he can't play for your for a minimum of 28 days afterwards then quite frankly I find that bizarre in the extreme. If it was my own club I'd be demanding answers, not defending the indefensible. Each to his own though, best of luck for the rest of the season.

#60 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Even i'm getting bored with the D/R debate now, it's been debated/trolled to death now, the fag packet the rl thought the dr rules up on stinks as much as the situation's regarding it, hopefully it will get changed at the end of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users