Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

James mendeika

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#61 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Nobody has defended what has happened recently. It's all nonsense, we do not make the rules.

#62 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Thank you Julian. ..thank you

#63 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

no problem mark.

#64 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Its now about the sincerity of the player?
Make your mind up which argument it is.

Im sure none of us think any of this situation is ideal.
Its rugby league so its all a huge cock up

The difference for me is I don't believe its such a big deal that I have to remove my support for something whos existence is tenuous ,even if you're being generous, at best
We ALL know things are far from perfect at our own club and many others.
I certainly don't need a pseudo intellectual breakdown of such insulting condescension from anyone as to what and why something is not perfect

The concentration on one negative aspect has become ridiculous.

The signing of the three none DR players this week gives a clear hint at a plan for the future. No histrionics on that thread. In fact barely a word spoken

Good or bad its time to man up and get behind our team

And it is BLUND LOYALTY. Its not a bad thing
Its what makes us true fans

I hope you can find that same feeling at Leigh

You're the one throwing personal style insults around, Mark - its unfortunate this is sometimes how you express frustration when we don't agree on something.

As you are well aware, the debate is about the nature of how partnering has been done between Swinton and Warrington with a central topic being the validity of the 12 month contracts that 6 players signed to supposedly make them Swinton players rather than Warrington players.  There is new material this week that takes the debate forwards, as its pretty clear the deal taking James Mendeika to London was negotiated between London and Warrington directly.

I get the impression that this week's developments may have changed the perceptions of quite a few people about the true nature of these 12 month deals. While I always had very serious doubts about the basis of these contracts, seeing those doubts possibly come home to roost isn't a cause for personal celebration.

I can live with things being less than perfect, which is a good job all things considered(!), but there have to be some fundamentals that embody what Swinton Lions actually means to people - else we'd all have been following East Lancashire Lions since 2008.  For me that means; a respect for the club's great heritage and past achievements, plus; a respect for the club's unique identity which should come from the relationship between Swinton Lions and the communtity whose name it still bears.  You cannot get much more basic than knowing the guys running out onto that field wearing the blue and white are fully committed and focussed on the cause of Swinton Lions and all that should represent, rather than doing their thing as part of their duties to another club.

The club's existance is indeed tenuous, but to have any chance of making things better the recovery has to protect and nurture the fundamental things that make Swinton Lions unique and inspire the loyalty to the brand that keeps people engaged and committed.  Otherwise you risk ending up with something that people don't care about, because its relevance to them has been lost. Warrington Wolves reserves in Swinton Lions kit isn't what it should be about. 

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#65 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Do something useful then Phil.

#66 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

It is unfortunate that I express myself in such a way when I am frustrated! !
Im still laughing.

Hes not the Messiah hes a very naughty boy

#67 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Have the wheels fell off the Leigh bus, that your now back on here slating the Lions Phil.
Perhaps Mr Rowley and co could do with the benefit of your extensive knowledge.

#68 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Got to say I agree with everything Phil says one hundred per cent! An excellent post.

#69 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

We must be the only club on the planet with a section of 'support' that openly wants the club to fail. I think you all need to have a good long hard look at yourselves!
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#70 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Cheers dave
I guess I've really goi it all wrong if you agree 100 percent including the first paragraph.

#71 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Sorry I meant to say I agree one hundred per cent with Phils views on the DR debate!

#72 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Ha. Thanks .. I felt a right t$#t for a minute

I think we all agree its not ideal
I don't think we need any of the obvious failings of the rugby league or Swinton pointing out so regularly as though we don't understand. It gets on peoples nerves. So much so even Julian has had enough!

#73 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

No.one wants us to fail, on the contrary we want the club to move forward in an autonomous fashion. I haven't seen any benefit from the link with Warrington that preserves the name and identity of Swinton Lions.
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#74 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

I think Mark that the developments this week with Mendieka and Riley have unfortunately fuelled the fire as it were!

#75 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Its just possible I suppose that the RFL have been somewhat duped by the bending and twisting of the Swinton six`s ( or at least two of them) too`ings and fro`ings lately?

#76 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yep I have absolutely no doubt that the RFL did not envisage such a manipulation of the rules ,although who knows maybe this is their vision for the future of the game.Time will tell.

#77 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Has anyone even thought that there may be another reason why we are in the position of having to 'rent' players rather than have a squad of our own and just rely on regular 'loanees'?

I posted a while ago about a player not really wanting to play after he had signed, which proved to be correct as he left the club shortly into the season. I was told at the same time that no players wanted to sign for Steve Mc! The reason, I was told, was that he was a bad coach. Not my view but the view of my informant (sounds like the secret service).
I don't know bit it now seems we can sign people.

What Im getting at is we might not have had a choice when the season started!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#78 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Smoke n mirrors n tangled web, if i was the moderator i'd lock this thread as for once i'm sick of it, we all know my views on DR but none of us can do anything about it anyway, i'm sure the rfl wont do anything about it as it suits the sl clubs agendas, if the club are reading this give us a tangible announcement on agecroft, its long overdue.

#79 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I honestly think that if we were charged for anything by the rfl that a few ppl would be happy.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#80 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

If they charged us it would be a bit strange. The partnership rules don't exactly seem watertight and the SL clubs have obviously looked to manipulate them due to the loss of the reserve sides. It's all nonsense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users