IS IT A RECORD?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

I reckon, and I stand to be corrected, that we have scored a try in the last 2 mins of the last 6 games.This has either drawn, won or took bonus points from the opposition. Not only does it mean we are competing for the full 80 mins it means we are aware of the situations. I cannot remember anything like this having followed the Gallant Youths/ Bulldogs for over 50 years.Can anyone else??

Halifax, Doncaster, Workington, Hunslet, Dewsbury, Whitehaven.

Discuss?.

ColinB.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#2 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

I make you right, Colin. We always used to conceed in the last minute back in the day, but we most definitely play the full 80 nowadays!

#3 SherlockH

SherlockH
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Superior conditioning??

#4 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

John Heaton has to take an awful lot of credit for the fitness and conditioning work he has done over the last couple of years.

#5 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

RIght, we've got the last couple of minutes in the game sorted out.
Now we need to sort out the first twenty minutes and stop giving the opposition a try or two start.

Edited by Sir Jekyll Stocking, 16 April 2013 - 11:43 AM.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#6 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Now we need to sort out the first twenty minutes and stop giving the opposition a try or two's start.

True, do we like proving how good we are by giving everyone a start? Even though we are second and only lost one, it feels like we have really still to get going, or to play at our full potential.

Next two league games will give us a sense of where we are.

#7 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Haha. They'll get there.

#8 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Have to say though, in most games this season it seems to take us 15 to 20 minutes to get going at the start of a game - maybe thats the reason for the late bursts?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#9 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Now we need to sort out the first twenty minutes and stop giving the opposition a try or two start.

#10 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

#11 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

a shocking referee made you look good we had mullaly dual reg last season and he told us he was no where near touching down the try was given. cumbrian teams getting a bad rub of the green the same at workington  

I reckon, and I stand to be corrected, that we have scored a try in the last 2 mins of the last 6 games.This has either drawn, won or took bonus points from the opposition. Not only does it mean we are competing for the full 80 mins it means we are aware of the situations. I cannot remember anything like this having followed the Gallant Youths/ Bulldogs for over 50 years.Can anyone else??

Halifax, Doncaster, Workington, Hunslet, Dewsbury, Whitehaven.

Discuss?.

ColinB.

#12 From the South

From the South
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Be that as it may, Mullally didn't score the final try, and that is what this thread is about. In the last half dozen league games we have scored at the death which, to me shows how the team are well prepared, conditioned and fit, a team that can and do last the full 80 minutes.

Now if you want to moan about the ref or that you were robbed please find the correct thread.

#13 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Sorry haven94 but were your mini bus of fans were postioned surly couldnt complain . We had two trys disallowed aknock on that wasnt a so called leading with a elbow . The time wasting when playing up hill and the constant slowing the game when we were attacking .. do i need to go on with how you were not cheated by a biasted ref .:-)

#14 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Sorry haven94 but were your mini bus of fans were postioned surly couldnt complain . We had two trys disallowed aknock on that wasnt a so called leading with a elbow . The time wasting when playing up hill and the constant slowing the game when we were attacking .. do i need to go on with how you were not cheated by a biasted ref .:-)

go on as much as you want calvert was held back for the last try and mullaly never grounded his try costing us 12pts and at least a bonus point. still we will look forward to you coming the rec for a game easy winnable. and again we carried no dual reg this week unlike every team we have played this season bar barrow

#15 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Sore loser IMO. We didn't play all that great and the try you claim wasn't touch down definitely was I was right in front of it. Also I think you will find Greenwood was being obstructed when attempting to get the ball. I'm guessing you had your Rose tints on.

Nice win for us with a few players rested too :)

#16 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

go on as much as you want calvert was held back for the last try and mullaly never grounded his try costing us 12pts and at least a bonus point. still we will look forward to you coming the rec for a game easy winnable. and again we carried no dual reg this week unlike every team we have played this season bar barrow

calvert wasn't nowhere near the last try it was cain southerwood pulling miles back so miles step around him and got it down just and mullaly did ground just after it was ripped out

#17 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Unless my eyes deceived me, which is possible, the ref awarded a penalty try to Mullally on the basis that the ball was ripped by more than one man in the tackle. His hand signals certainly suggested that when he blew for the try.

The forward passes were all the correct decision I have to say, and just down to sloppiness on our part. We lacked coherency in attack yet still never looked like losing, which is a positive sign for us. The constant lying on in the tackle from the rather slow, plodding haven forwards didn't help either. It's all opinion of course but I think George Flanaghan would have had a field day with all the gaps at the play the ball, which we never really fully exploited.

Haven were plucky and game but didn't really look threatening except when getting repeat sets in our 20. Calvert's pace was the only possible danger from long range. Was very disappointed in their halves who offered nothing at all attacking wise.

A better attacking game from us would have seen us win by 40 points. So unless we drop our levels further or haven have several notices extra to find, going to the rec isn't an overly daunting proposition. However that isn't to say it will be an easy game either, as no such thing exists in this division.

#18 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Agreed we wernt at our best but got the win . Sorry to winge but how many times in the first half did hewer call time off when haven tried to take the sting out of the game with there restarts and drop outs answer none.second half we did the same hewer blew time off every time if hewer was biast to us how was it u were in fot a bonus point all way to the last minute of the game. I believe i ave made my point sorry for this rant.:-)

#19 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Oh come on now, don't be so negative, I think you will give us a decent game  up at yours!

#20 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

a shocking referee made you look good we had mullaly dual reg last season and he told us he was no where near touching down the try was given. cumbrian teams getting a bad rub of the green the same at workington  

Here we go again.

I don't know how we've got any money left to pay our players with all the bungs we must have given the refs this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users