League Express

Morrison backs Pryce

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

GM quoted as saying how much Pryce is contributing to the team at training and on the field.

#2 leedsram

leedsram
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

GM quoted as saying how much Pryce is contributing to the team at training and on the field.

which games does he watch, is this a joke if so a good one

#3 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Let's be honest were playing s#*t regardless of how Pryce is playing as an individual.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

On radio Leeds he seemed to single out the backs for a bit of stick! I still wouldnt panic at the start of the season the top five were identified and the rest of the league is wide open. Back yer team and keep yer fingers crossed as I still think the rams will scrape into the top eight.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Well i heard how true this is i cant verify

players in some quarters a pizzed off that
player who will remain nameless say on arrival
they cant be ar.sed training are instructed to jog around the field and players who are training week in and week out are not picked.

would be interesting to see "the sid the sloth"
dropped for a game to see how the other players would step up to the mark.

this team won 5 out of 7 games and don't
turn c.rap over night....something is amiss
and the problem needs addressing before its too late...and too late is creeping up at a rate of knots.
in the days of WJ its was a rudderless unhappy cruise manned by whoever was best mates.

i seriously thought we had removed that element

but it seem we havent...same ship different crew

in the words of that famous scot....

"were doomed...WERE DOOMED I TELL YOU!!!!!!

#6 leedsram

leedsram
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

they cant be ar.sed training are instructed to jog around the field and players who are training week in and week out are not picked.

and the problem needs addressing before its too late...and too late is creeping up at a rate of knots.
in the days of WJ its was a rudderless unhappy cruise manned by whoever was best mates.

excellent post

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,321 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Rubbish!

You start off by saying you don't know if there's any truth in the rumours Coolie, then end up implying they are facts. The blame game seems to have started off very early this year folks - after we have suffered so long under the WJ regime surely GM deserves a bit more slack than this, doesn't he?

;)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Largely agree BSJ - I think the problem supporters have though is the memory of recent years when we were told not to panic when we were at a similar stage of the season, because "there is far too much talent in the squad to go down" - we heard it every year under WJ and came close to relegation every time. This time it's different though, avoiding relegation is vital for the survival of the club IMO, as I don't think we can afford even one season in ch1. We are now getting close to a full strength squad by the sounds of it, so it's time to sort out our best side. I'm still reasonably confident we will turn things around, and I reckon KP will come good. I hope my trust in GM isn't misplaced. Incidentally, have we lost Johnson altogether ? because I really rated him.

Rubbish!

You start off by saying you don't know if there's any truth in the rumours Coolie, then end up implying they are facts. The blame game seems to have started off very early this year folks - after we have suffered so long under the WJ regime surely GM deserves a bit more slack than this, doesn't he?

;)

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Simple fact is

we shouldnt be in this position as fans,team or club.

everything is so down beat about everything around the name Dewsbury Rams at the moment
fans disheartened..team in quarters looking like they cant be bothered clubs work in the community on its a.rse and the layman of this town shaking there head whenever the name of the club is mentioned..theres only a few with positive attitude at the moment...and for tje first time in 40 years i aint one of them.

and the way i feel ill be taking a break from the relationship at the end of the season...and im sure theres more than me feeling this way.

#10 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

We're on a losing run and we've had one or two poor home crowds off the back of it. It's hardly the apocalypse.

We have a talented squad whose biggest weakness is their age and lack of experience.

We have an ambitious young coach who has assembled a squad almost from scratch, and for the first time in years there's already talk of players signing on for next year, which to me is a huge step forward on previous regimes.

Construction work on terracing behind the posts has started, and that's down to positive thinking and the hard work of people who love the club.

Plans to put terracing behind the other set of posts are at an advanced stage and, one by one, we're ticking the boxes to get that started.

Like-minded, positive thinking supporters have created an independent supporters organisation that, while in its infancy, already has a constitution, a fighting fund and more than 40 members. We've never had anything like that before.

Though I'm still searching for a new match reporter, we have a media team in place that's the envy of many teams in this division and isn't costing the club a penny.

We also have a beltin' mascot, who gives up his time to rally support for this club and plug the hole left by our departed community coach.

Constant negativity and rumour mongering does nothing but drag the club down, tarnish its reputation and put new/lapsed supporters off from attending matches and putting money into the club.

The terracing, The Amber Ribbon and, to a much lesser extent, the media team are all examples of what can be achieved if people choose to channel their frustrations in a positive way.

This post isn't aimed at anybody in particular, but I hope those who read it think twice about the best way to fix a problem.

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Too many down and out rams fans at minute Tom! I have the faith anyway. Lets be honest, this seasons a learning curve for Glenn too, it's a new squad built from scratch and with not as much time to recruit as other clubs had, on top of this Glenn's new to this league so if your guna judge Glenn and the rams judge us at the end of the season and next season! Imsure wel get things on course next home match with workington!

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

And as for the rumours coolie, they ain't true. Can't believ all the ###### that comes out of our fans mouths because half our fans talk rubbish mate and chat playground lies

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

And as for the rumours coolie, they ain't true. Can't believ all the ###### that comes out of our fans mouths because half our fans talk rubbish mate and chat playground lies

YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!

Now you know how the delicate souls from Batley feel when your fans are spouting their rubish on our forum!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Rubbish!

;)

So how come BSJ when Coolie starts his rumours about batley players its gospel and when he hears summat about Dewsbury its Rubish? I think Blind side Jonny has his pink specs on again.

As for Coolie he's just going through his midlife crisis. My remedy is either a ford cortina, a 17 year old virgin or he could pop up to the mount and watch a winning team ;)

#15 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,321 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Now you know how the delicate souls from Batley feel when your fans are spouting their rubish on our forum!

We don't spout rubbish PM, as you well know, we simply dangle wriggly worms which you lot can't resist biting.

B)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#16 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

We're on a losing run and we've had one or two poor home crowds off the back of it. It's hardly the apocalypse.

We have a talented squad whose biggest weakness is their age and lack of experience.

We have an ambitious young coach who has assembled a squad almost from scratch, and for the first time in years there's already talk of players signing on for next year, which to me is a huge step forward on previous regimes.

Construction work on terracing behind the posts has started, and that's down to positive thinking and the hard work of people who love the club.

Plans to put terracing behind the other set of posts are at an advanced stage and, one by one, we're ticking the boxes to get that started.

Like-minded, positive thinking supporters have created an independent supporters organisation that, while in its infancy, already has a constitution, a fighting fund and more than 40 members. We've never had anything like that before.

Though I'm still searching for a new match reporter, we have a media team in place that's the envy of many teams in this division and isn't costing the club a penny.

We also have a beltin' mascot, who gives up his time to rally support for this club and plug the hole left by our departed community coach.

Constant negativity and rumour mongering does nothing but drag the club down, tarnish its reputation and put new/lapsed supporters off from attending matches and putting money into the club.

The terracing, The Amber Ribbon and, to a much lesser extent, the media team are all examples of what can be achieved if people choose to channel their frustrations in a positive way.

This post isn't aimed at anybody in particular, but I hope those who read it think twice about the best way to fix a problem.

I agree with much of this, but fans are entitled to an opinion Tom. Even one that doesn't necessarily fit with what your vision for the club should be.
As for negativity and rumours putting fans off, I'm not sure.
I would imagine attendance is more related to team performance and expectations.

The fact is from the outset Glenn M has been overtly and overly optimistic, unfortunately, though optimism is great to see, when it doesn't materialise it has a larger negative effect.

What might help is if the coach was a little more realistic, and if the team started winning games. Pointing fingers at each other as fans serves only to create more hostility.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#17 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

A fair post Tom and indeed off the field things are looking as good as they could bearing in mind the current doom and gloom in the economy. I think the problem this year is that our expectations were galvanised by all the pre-season hype and following trips to Donny, Swinton, hunslet and the terrific performances against Whitehaven and Fev we all started believing we could actually challenge the top five. Then almost unexplicably we go from thrashing barrow at half time to almost desperation. This clearly is food and drink for the conspiracy theorists and even those that don't see conspiracy at every turn are at a complete loss to explain the sudden change in fortune. Add to this our experiences under WJ when early promise turned to gloom and was never turned around and you see why we are starting to panic. I have faith, accept the lads are largely inexperienced and think things could change with a good leader, but it's scary at the mo and the constant changes, AB and JC not playing on Sunday for instance adds to the general uncertainty.

#18 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

You write ***** on both the Rams and your own forum, so what's your point! :rolleyes:

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 16 April 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#19 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Lots have been said here, some of it true. We are in a difficult period.

I just learned tonight, that Cardiff are promoted to the premier league in football. Ten years ago they were on their uppers, fearing the worst. They came through it and have flourished. I know this is a different game, a different thing altogether you might say. But what they have achieved is commendable.We should look at that sort of example to motivate us.

It's hard not to be despondent when things aren't going well, easy to look for things to blame. 

It's even harder to muster enthusiasm, to roll up your sleeves and do something.

But that is what we must do. Stop the negativity.

Who will sponsor a club with fans that preach doom?

Who will come to watch a team who's fans preach doom?

Players read these messages, how do you think they feel?

Do you really want the club to succeed?

I've been watching Dewsbury for... well a long time, we get highs, we get lows.

Remember the Kelly era? We were the best team in the division. (I know there are other issues)

I'm just as fed up as anyone when we lose, but that should be the trigger for more effort, not a green light for despondency.

I think you all know about the Amber Ribbon. I don't think we could have picked a worse time to launch it!

Will we pack in?

NO.

Come on guys, now is the time to be resolute. Would you really rather watch a Super League team? With all its' success, its' trophies, its' massive crowds, its' money, super league coverage, star players?

Nah, me neither. I'm a Dewsbury Rams fan, always will be.

#20 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Well said F5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users