Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

DP to Cas?

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#21 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Not a Batley supporter who made the statement about JK and DP, it was some troll!

Fair play DD I haven't read the comment on the Batley, but troll or not the thrust of my point is that we shouldn't be peddling rumours like this which must be unsettling for both the Batley and Featherstone players.

I know that if someone was spreading rumours they had heard about me to my fellow work colleagues I'd not be too happy about it and guess you wouldn't either.
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#22 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Anyway talking of rumours IM on S/L show at 11.20 he might add to them depending what he says

#23 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

If that's how you feel ban me. I'm not going to comment on your post as you are an old person obviously and I respect my elders. (Even if I think your post is out of order).

lol so you are going to comment!
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#24 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

If that's how you feel ban me. I'm not going to comment on your post as you are an old person obviously and I respect my elders. (Even if I think your post is out of order).

Gaz, there's a reason this topic wasn't opened on here.
Like I've said elsewhere, whether I believe you post utter sheeeite is irrelevant, I will defend your right to post it.
However, if you thought that you aren't going to get adverse or counter reaction to such a post you really in a strange place owd cock.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#25 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

I want a committed coach who will walk through fire for the club. I'm sorry for wanting that for our club.

Are you saying DP has and is not committed? As an outsider I cant believe somebody can even think that. DP is a genuine guy who would always give his best no matter where he was as a player and coach. I am sure DP has had offers from SL in the past. But maybe he feels he might need a change after 4 years-which is a long time in Coaching. Whether DP left Fev now or when he leaves in the future he should and will be a cult hero and not just for what he achieved on the field. DP will one day leave Fev for whatever reason. But that doesnt give anybody the right to question his commitment

#26 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

DP himself has said this is idle specualtion. To look at the matter evenly though quite a few newspapers have mentioned his name as a possibility.

#27 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

The poster on the Batley forum posted it and it was idle speculation (no offence to that poster), it went from 'if its true' to hard line fact in 3 or 4 posts.

I dont think Powell is the sort of person to apply for another job while he's employed.

No forum rules broken, so no bannings surely?

Cummins Out.

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

No. If posting sheeeeite was a bannable offence, I and many many others would be long gone!

#29 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Tho gaz does have enough sheeeeiiiiite to keep his carrotts in good nick gor the next 300 years! :lol:

#30 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Close this thread or delete it. Complete ###### that this club doesn't need. And as for Gaz calling someone an old person. What a silly person, do you ever stop and read what you type.

Edited by Jimmy B, 16 April 2013 - 05:54 PM.
offensive language

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#31 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

DP is no where near full filling the dream he had for Featherstone  Rovers so with all the building still on going both on and off the field i am sure he will see it through to the end no matter what the speculations are .

chappy

#32 K.Loxton

K.Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

DP is no where near full filling the dream he had for Featherstone  Rovers so with all the building still on going both on and off the field i am sure he will see it through to the end no matter what the speculations are .

Correct Suzzy..I share your view;

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.
"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

#33 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Sometimes Featherstone Rovers reminds me of North Korea......

#34 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

:lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#35 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Yes, I know where you are coming from Steve. The last time I came to Featherstone, I saw the sign 'Purston twinned with Pyongyang",
Everyone was 5 feet 5 inches. The 'poodle flan' was doing a bundle in the 'Pie Hut'. The plastic factory down the road which once sponsored 'Rovers' had actually designed and concealed an Inter-Continental Ballistic Warhead, Fev had just beaten Brazil 5-0 in the 2010 World Cup and Kim Jong Ill had displaced Kainy at Stand off, although being a little on the short side.

I thought it's just like North Korea , this place.

#36 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

I cant see powell leaving unless we get turned down in the next round of applications at which point I think hed leave and I think that would be fair enough. He may also leave if offered the Leeds job or one of the big SL ones as they would be hard to turn down.

Cant see him going to Cas, doubt they could afford him! Its likely theyll be gone in the next round so it would be a big gamble.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#37 getting2old

getting2old
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

DP deserves more respect than we the few give him on here. How dare we on here question his passion, his professionalism and most importantly his loyalty to Featherstone Rovers.

And yes one day he may decide to leave Featherstone but then is there anyone on here who would turn down a new challenge or job promotion, more money etc.

As far I am concerned he’s the next best person to god.  And we owe him respect for what he has achieved for the club.

There as never been stability at Featherstone in many years. I think of DP has I used to think of Steve Nash when just a young lad.

#38 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

DP is going nowhere he's only just started here!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#39 getting2old

getting2old
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Just remember DP the coach here at Featherstone not us. yes we have our thoughts but he is the man out there doing the job. Support him and we will have our day.

we have had success just winning the title 3 years running this beats taking the wooden spoon.

#40 Heppy

Heppy
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

I hate all these rumours they unsettle everone, but 1 thing I will say DP is a fantastic Coach and because of this there will always be speculation when a SL post is available that just shows how good a Coach we have at our Great Club, lets get behind him and the lads as this is a very important 2 weeks in our season UP THE ROVERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users