RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

DP to Cas?

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#121 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

There could be an interim coach first we never know. Whoever comes in will have to fortify the defence so they are like rock.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 04 May 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#122 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

lets get something right here i want DP to stay but there was a rovers before and there will be a rovers after DP at the eb nd of the day who would turn down an extra £20 or £30 grand a year in wages doing something that he is doing now at rovers its only like SL players going to the NRL for more money you look after yourself first and formost

#123 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

lets get something right here i want DP to stay but there was a rovers before and there will be a rovers after DP at the eb nd of the day who would turn down an extra £20 or £30 grand a year in wages doing something that he is doing now at rovers its only like SL players going to the NRL for more money you look after yourself first and formost

I accept that things like that happen but if asked 6 week ago if he wanted the Cas job do you think he would of said yes then

#124 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

I accept that things like that happen but if asked 6 week ago if he wanted the Cas job do you think he would of said yes then

What's changed since then ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#125 ralph2

ralph2
  • Coach
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Maggies children !

#126 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

What's changed since then ?

One day it will all come out and the people that are having a go will realise why he went to a club that is in the dumps Sometimes in all jobs it's time to move on because you are not happy with the way things are where your employed and don't feel appreciated when you are putting 100% in and doing your best As I have said earlier I wish Daryl well in his new employment although I don't want Cas to do well as I think it's the only chance we have of progressing if they fail. Lets hope he doesn't come back and show how good he is if there's a two tier S/L and take some players for us

Featherstone Rovers please make a statement some of the things OUR fans are saying on FB is unbelievable and is doing the club more harm than good

#127 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Featherstone Rovers please make a statement some of the things OUR fans are saying on FB is unbelievable and is doing the club more harm than good

statement on Monday

#128 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

statement on Monday

Hope your right it cannot come soon enough

#129 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

Cas don't want him as he has a record of winning the majority of the games he has been in charge of, they could not cope with regular wins...

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#130 ralph2

ralph2
  • Coach
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

One day it will all come out and the people that are having a go will realise why he went to a club that is in the dumps Sometimes in all jobs it's time to move on because you are not happy with the way things are where your employed and don't feel appreciated when you are putting 100% in and doing your best As I have said earlier I wish Daryl well in his new employment although I don't want Cas to do well as I think it's the only chance we have of progressing if they fail. Lets hope he doesn't come back and show how good he is if there's a two tier S/L and take some players for us

If its true DP, has been shoved by the board, makes a change from been hounded out by our supporters, Kevin & Dave Hobbs, Terry Clawson to name a few.

#131 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

The board and their support is the reason were in such a strong position, both squad and stadium wise.

#132 champions

champions
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

According to sky text DP signs 2 and half year contract at c@s . rovers players told Saturday DP leaving .official announcement monday

#133 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Two and half year contract or last 6 month at Fev he had no choice

#134 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

In the Pont and Fev Express

http://www.pontefrac...coach-1-5649228

#135 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Two and half year contract or last 6 month at Fev he had no choice

Seen confirmation of the contract for DP. But what does this comment mean?

#136 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

looks like it's true...

http://www.sportingl...powell-as-coach

#137 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Seen confirmation of the contract for DP. But what does this comment mean?

DP probably have no job at end of season

#138 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

But why? Seen this sort of message two or three times. Was he to get the boot?

#139 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

But why? Seen this sort of message two or three times. Was he to get the boot?

He was to be verbally sacked at the end of the season for the 3rd time. He was verbally sacked at halftime during the Grand final and after the York game... Strange but true

#140 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Good luck to him. 

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users