Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

DP to Cas?

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#141 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Good luck to him. 

Stated that he informed the players on Saturday. If true it certainly reflected in our performance today. Now we move on and win some silverware.

Edited by Bob Crowther, 05 May 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#142 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

He was to be verbally sacked at the end of the season for the 3rd time. He was verbally sacked at halftime during the Grand final and after the York game... Strange but true

Can guess who that was. Thanks for info.

#143 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Just seen the interview of DP after the match and the last 10 seconds tells me he doesn't want to go

Sad day today he did want to finish the job off just hope the new coach has blue and white blood in him like DP has

#144 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

I suggest everyone watches Daryl Powell in the interview after the match, that's not a man who doesn't care.

#145 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Where's the interview?

#146 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

On the end of the match DVD.

#147 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

It's on you tube. It's also pinned at the top of Featherstone rovers on FB

#148 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

I suggest everyone watches Daryl Powell in the interview after the match, that's not a man who doesn't care.

Had a lump in my throat watching that Andy. The emotion in his voice says it all. Great and sincere coach who took us to heights we could only have imagined. I wish him well, thank you Daryl
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#149 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

that's what you get with NO promotion/relegation. We lost Millward.....we all move on.

#150 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I now know your wrong DP has gone after JL gave back word at last minute.

As I fan of Fev Rovers would like to say you have been outstanding for this club over the years and its a shame you have been pushed out by the BOD. Also some of the rubbish that certain people have put on Facebook about you there's no wonder you had enough Shame they didn't have the courage to speak to you face to face. Good luck on your new venture it will be a hard one but nothing different to what you took on at Fev and you will be welcomed by there fans and board and I can see why you will feel let down at Fev just hope it doesn't go wrong for you there

Thanks again

Agreed, thanks for the time and effort you put into making it enjoyable to watch the Rovers..All the best Daryl
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#151 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

All the best Daryl..only you knows why you left..cos you didn't look like you wanted to; Thanks for putting the Fizz in Fev;

#152 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Had a lump in my throat watching that Andy. The emotion in his voice says it all. Great and sincere coach who took us to heights we could only have imagined. I wish him well, thank you Daryl

Here, here.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#153 Mark T

Mark T
  • Coach
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Absolutely gutted he's gone. Sad day for the Rovers considering where we were when he took over.

I think some people have very short memories. Difficult to understand what's gone on but I'm sure we'll find out in time.

We need to move on and ensure whoever takes over has the calibre to take us beyond our current level.

Wish Daryl all the very best.

#154 Ashcroft

Ashcroft
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Stated that he informed the players on Saturday. If true it certainly reflected in our performance today. Now we move on and win some silverware.

Hope you're right about the silverware, but I'm not optimistic.         

#155 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

I am!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#156 Ashcroft

Ashcroft
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

I am!

And I sincerely hope that you're right and I'm wrong. Our great club has a mixed history of successful and unsuccessful coaching appointments, so it's a bit wait and see from my point of view.  

#157 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

you have to be an optimist watching Featherstone Rovers, thats why we turn up every week.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#158 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

So finally the chapter closes on the lad from Ackworth. I for one feel privileged to have experienced my team, being coached by such a man. A man I've had the pleasure of talking to on several occasions, without ever being shunned or belittled. This a man who made 35 caps for his nation, against the likes of Meninga, Stuart, Renouf, Sorenson, Graham et al.

When I returned to my beloved Featherstone Rovers in 2006 as they plumbed the depths of despair, little did I think then,what could almost be achieved now. This in large part because of the lad from Ackworth.

There are people saying that ' he's onni won one trophy'. Without realising Sir Alex had only done the same in the same time at Man Utd, and without the fate of Mark Robins' head on a cold January afternoon he, himself, may have been confined to the books of history.

How fickle fate can be?
Our favourite Lad, breaking our hearts in the NRC semi of 09.
The stray, delaying tab end or Ian's dropped ball in the 2010 Final. Yes Final, we got a final.
Andy's tap down on their line when, we would have been out of sight, had it fallen into Tommy's hands and not the unstoppable Worrincy's.
The final try that Liam couldn't quite convert, to make golden point irrelevant in the 2011 NRC semi, yes a semi..

The ecstasy of beating old Tubby's lot, on a dank, dark October Sunday.

The heartbreak.....Tommy's disallowed touchdown, just as we were getting a footholed back in the 2012 final.

All these experiences of highs and lows, thanks in part to the lad from Ackworth.

Thanks Daryl, all the best, I for one will never forget your contribution to our Featherstone Rovers

AV.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 05 May 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#159 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

I am!

So am I mate you have got a good team, been working hard here in Scarborough, the result after counting, resulted in four points!!!!!   Be back, being Eagle eyed soon.....

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#160 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I am!

Robin,

I remember a debate I had with you on here a few years ago, I said we were the best team in the Championship because of DP, and you said it was because of the players. Now we might find out who was right!

There is one other factor, however, which decided the recent game against Halifax, and that is fitness! If we do indeed have the best players, and we keep up the fitness regime, maybe DP won't be missed as much as I fear? I hope to God you were right and I was wrong!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users