TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Boston Marathon Finishing Line Bombed

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,348 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Looks fairly grim.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#2 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

I am shocked every time something like this happens.  I cannot understand in any remote sense how anyone can do this to innocent people.

#3 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Saudi aged 20 arrested.

#4 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Saudi aged 20 arrested.

Only New York Post reporting that so far.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#5 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

4 explosions far, 1 of which was controlled.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#6 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

Quite a lot of speculation and rumour in the media and cyberspace.

#7 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

The world will never be peaceful and a truly shocking , evil act.

#8 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

One brother shot dead and another on the run and armed. Seems they have been shooting and throwing explosive devises before the carnage.

#9 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

One brother shot dead and another on the run and armed. Seems they have been shooting and throwing explosive devises before the carnage.

Felt a bit sorry for the uncle interviewed on TV.  He seemed pretty distraught that they would do something like that.

The brothers are Islamists too it seems, from Czeczenia.

#10 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Felt a bit sorry for the uncle interviewed on TV.  He seemed pretty distraught that they would do something like that.

The brothers are Islamists too it seems, from Czeczenia.

It seems though that the elder brother was 'disturbed' unable to find peace of mind in setting down in the US.

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

A terrible tragedy that has preoccupied the broadcast media all day but some sens eof proportion is surely needed.

on the A18 near Grimsby, an entire family of 5 was wiped out in a car crash. It seems that four of them were innocent accident victims  see http://www.thisisgri...l#axzz2Qwox4lhb  Almost cried when I went past the crash scene yesterday

yesterday in the US around 82 people died in road accidents. I am sure quite a few of those were innocent parties

In the UK, five people a day die in road accidents - and 13 people a day die in accidents in the home. 

#12 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,684 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

A terrible tragedy that has preoccupied the broadcast media all day but some sens eof proportion is surely needed.

on the A18 near Grimsby, an entire family of 5 was wiped out in a car crash. It seems that four of them were innocent accident victims see http://www.thisisgri...l#axzz2Qwox4lhb Almost cried when I went past the crash scene yesterday

yesterday in the US around 82 people died in road accidents. I am sure quite a few of those were innocent parties

In the UK, five people a day die in road accidents - and 13 people a day die in accidents in the home.

36 people killed by car bombs in Iraq
A family killed in their beds in Afghanistan by friendly fire from aircraft
What happened in Boston was a cynical vicious heartless act but innocents are being slaughtered all over the place and their lives are just as precious
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#13 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

@Angelo

They are but perhaps we should care more about those we do not hear about rather than less about those the media focus on.

Edited by Northern Sol, 19 April 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#14 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

More drama overnight it seems as the police catch up with the second suspect who was holed away in a boat.  More gunfire and a stand off before they are able to arrest him.  It seems he is 19 years old.

#15 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,684 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

@Angelo

They are but perhaps we should care more about those we do not hear about rather than less about those the media focus on.

@Angelo

that's what I was alluding to

thanks mate

Keeping it local

#16 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

36 people killed by car bombs in Iraq
A family killed in their beds in Afghanistan by friendly fire from aircraft
What happened in Boston was a cynical vicious heartless act but innocents are being slaughtered all over the place and their lives are just as precious

Spot on. 100 lose their lives in an earthquake yesterday in China.

#17 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

More drama overnight it seems as the police catch up with the second suspect who was holed away in a boat.  More gunfire and a stand off before they are able to arrest him.  It seems he is 19 years old.

19 years old and already screwed up his entire life. He will either get the death penalty or spend his entire life in jail. Mind you no more than he deserves.

#18 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,463 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

19 years old and already screwed up his entire life. He will either get the death penalty or spend his entire life in jail. Mind you no more than he deserves.

The state doesn't have the death penalty. If it's determined to be a federal crime (I'm never sure how that's decided) they could press for the death penalty.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#19 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,684 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

The state doesn't have the death penalty. If it's determined to be a federal crime (I'm never sure how that's decided) they could press for the death penalty.

Correct
There's a few including first degree murder, terrorism, using a weapon of mass destruction, killing a police officer and more

Edit I'm not sure how many people get executed under federal law, but he'd be a candidate although I'm not sure if he killed the cop

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 20 April 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Keeping it local

#20 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I thought the footage of seeing the groud cheering USA USA was not classy at all, but at the same time not a surprise to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users