Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workington Away trip - Harry's Naughty Forty

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

no policy not changed, but when coaches have been losing money and the ones going on coaches have been u16s for a while now, they are classed has regulars and are offered seats on coach. they pay for this seat. years ago u16s were free to travel

end of the day its not economical to run more than 1 coach, wud love to have 2 coaches going up but unless a lot more ring and enquire then its not going to be done

so are another 20+ adults going to ring up

i know still now loads travel by car/train they rarely ever book on coach

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#22 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

no policy not changed, but when coaches have been losing money and the ones going on coaches have been u16s for a while now, they are classed has regulars and are offered seats on coach. they pay for this seat. years ago u16s were free to travel

end of the day its not economical to run more than 1 coach, wud love to have 2 coaches going up but unless a lot more ring and enquire then its not going to be done

so are another 20+ adults going to ring up

i know still now loads travel by car/train they rarely ever book on coach

John as you know i used to go to all the away trips , but as you stated the coach is costing £570 , if you book 35 adults on at £19 =£665 and 14kids at £4 =£56............56+665= £721 , your making £721 and the coach is costin £570 , difference of £151 (just an example), ........... how would fans feel if HIST started charging £20 on the gate to compensate for fans not coming to games............this is probally the only trip i'll be doing so why should i be paying for trips i won't be doing.............

Edited by Blackbeard, 25 April 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#23 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 928 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

None of my business really as I'm one of those who doesn't go on the coach ... but maybe the prices were set when the (not unrealistic) expectation was that the bus wouldn't sell out.

But £19 sounds reasonable. If I go (which I probably will) I won't expect to have much change out of £40 on fuel, although I do have a bit further to travel than you lot.

#24 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

None of my business really as I'm one of those who doesn't go on the coach ... but maybe the prices were set when the (not unrealistic) expectation was that the bus wouldn't sell out.

But £19 sounds reasonable. If I go (which I probably will) I won't expect to have much change out of £40 on fuel, although I do have a bit further to travel than you lot.

It probally does sound reasonable , but when you could do this trip for £13,£14 , more people would probally start useing the bus again , thats probally why the wags are going on the mini-bus , now then maybe i could get a dress and a wig to fit :rolleyes:

#25 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

It probally does sound reasonable , but when you could do this trip for £13,£14 , more people would probally start useing the bus again , thats probally why the wags are going on the mini-bus , now then maybe i could get a dress and a wig to fit :rolleyes:

If you wouldn't have shaven your hair off and put a dress on you could have passed mate. 😜

#26 St Domingos

St Domingos
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Quick trawl..........

National express  £89

Rail   £59

Car   £40/45 depending on mpg

Hunslet Bus  £19

pays your money and takes your choice ;)

I still remember when we were all amateurs, working together for the good of the game - for no pay!!!

#27 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

If you wouldn't have shaven your hair off and put a dress on you could have passed mate.

probally because i've seen plenty of women in south Leeds with 5 o'clock shadows.............

#28 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Quick trawl..........

National express  £89

Rail   £59

Car   £40/45 depending on mpg

Hunslet Bus  £19

pays your money and takes your choice ;)

I know that you would'nt find it cheaper , but its suppose to be helping fans out here , not charging £5/6 over the top , it shows , cut the price and people will come .............remember Hull FC , Old Boys ran a bus to Rochdale at £5 and did'nt lose............. ;)

#29 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

£16 you saved from not attending yesterday will cover cost to Worky, Happy days! 2 for 1 on Seabrookes in weatherspoons too  :D

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

£16 you saved from not attending yesterday will cover cost to Worky, Happy days! 2 for 1 on Seabrookes in weatherspoons too  :D

I've still got that Whitehaven ticket , and Garbo's lent me some of his pens , no probs , Lidl crisps mate , make sure you bring that tombola pan n brush for coach , "We,ve swept the coach before boys & so we shall again" B) Would'nt want Lenin to lose his/are £40 deposit

Edited by Blackbeard, 29 April 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#31 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

£16 you saved from not attending yesterday will cover cost to Worky, Happy days! 2 for 1 on Seabrookes in weatherspoons too :D

Evans & Cronies on tour 2013

#32 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Evans & Cronies on tour 2013

Me , sid , mark , Garbo are members of the LAC not the Cronies Ha Ha :D

#33 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Me , sid , mark , Garbo are members of the LAC not the Cronies Ha Ha :D

It must be FREE membership in the LAC if your a member?  :O

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#34 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

It must be FREE membership in the LAC if your a member?  :O

It's better value than a packet of Seabrookes.............

#35 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

If anyone has any Hunslet flags, please bring them Sunday  Captain Sellers has 5 that we are taking to put up at the ground, Any more would be great, we want to make it like a home match and get behind the lads for Sundays massive match.

No confetti though, draw a line there!  :D

#36 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Workington expecting to hammer us according to their forum, i think we can do well up there if start well, they reckon we cant live with their forwards, but i think we have the best set of forwards we have had for many a year, Yates in form of his life, Menzies and Haley are like battering rams and Singleton is a class act add to that an in form Tommy Haughey and Houston, and the speed and skill of Hood and Haigh, we can match anyone IMO, Cant wait for Sunday.

#37 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

I cant wait either gaz, a real yardstick to see how we are progressing.Its not gonna be easy and everyone is going to be on top form but if its the same team as last week ( not sure about Wello) then we can pull it off.Carter from full bk is the dangerman and hooker Mattinson is a real handful, our kicking game has to be spot on and im still waiting for a 40/20 this season.Lets hope we start well and not give the half time try away, Thackray should at least give us a few penalties to get us downfield, one minite awesome next a liability!
Posted Image

#38 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 928 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

All the pre-match comments can only be conjecture as neither set of fans really has much to go on regarding the other team, apart from results - we've not even had the chance to check each other out on Premier Sports as yet !!

Interesting though that the Workington fans think they will have the edge up front but us the edge in the backs, because the pack, and the front row especially, has been at the heart of everything good we have done recently !!

If as so often happens in Cumbria it turns into a forward battle, it could be very interesting indeed. I suspect that if we come out of the dressing rooms with our game heads on and maintain it for 80 minutes we might have a little bit too much ... but that's not really happened since Whitehaven at home about two months ago.

Looking forward to a good day out on Sunday ...

#39 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

The aussie Stack is a good forward thats for sure, Lupton will try to set up position from stand off so we need Grimmer back to his best.Signs of March,y back to form last week and Keino diff gravy to their centres, lets hope Chisholm gets a few good passes.Weather forecast could be decent as well a good day looms.

Posted Image

#40 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

You could always borrow a few fags off LEEDS Blackpool Hawk make your leeds lads feel at home???????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users