Workington Away trip - Harry's Naughty Forty

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

You could always borrow a few fags off LEEDS Blackpool Hawk make your leeds lads feel at home???????

in english please!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#42 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

hope you all have a safe journey up and bring plenty of fans. i think town fans are confident because weve run the big teams close at home and beaten the teams around us. were a very good side at home with the best pair of hookers in the division. but yous have had some good results this term and a bp up at derwent park will be good for any team in our mini division as it will be at your place. hope yous make plenty of noise and create a great atmosphere.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#43 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Workington expecting to hammer us according to their forum, i think we can do well up there if start well, they reckon we cant live with their forwards, but i think we have the best set of forwards we have had for many a year, Yates in form of his life, Menzies and Haley are like battering rams and Singleton is a class act add to that an in form Tommy Haughey and Houston, and the speed and skill of Hood and Haigh, we can match anyone IMO, Cant wait for Sunday.

what a misleading post this is blackpool hawk. No one on our forum expects to hammer hunslet on Sunday. It will be a tough game and we will have to perform to beat hunslet. There are no easy games in this league. Have safe journey up.

Edited by town4me, 03 May 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#44 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Workington expecting to hammer us according to their forum, i think we can do well up there if start well, they reckon we cant live with their forwards, but i think we have the best set of forwards we have had for many a year, Yates in form of his life, Menzies and Haley are like battering rams and Singleton is a class act add to that an in form Tommy Haughey and Houston, and the speed and skill of Hood and Haigh, we can match anyone IMO, Cant wait for Sunday.

Have you been on the batter already BH !!!! you must be reading a different forum to the one I go on !!!!

#45 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Think our pack will be to much for them and we will have the home advantage so I predict town 42 Hunslet 18

even with the dual reg for hunslet, town win this by at least 18.

Would that be the same forum these came from? Anyway as i have said looking forward to the game and the day, should be a decent atmosphere and a cracking game, may the best team in myrtle white and flame win! 

PS Get plenty of beer in, the Naughty Forty are coming to town!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#46 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Would that be the same forum these came from? Anyway as i have said looking forward to the game and the day, should be a decent atmosphere and a cracking game, may the best team in myrtle white and flame win!

PS Get plenty of beer in, the Naughty Forty are coming to town!

that's hardly the general.consensus BH.

#47 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

i was the one who said wed win by 18. its hardly saying wed batter you, thats only 3 converted tries, what am i supposed to predict? a hawks vicrory?

#48 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

i was the one who said wed win by 18. its hardly saying wed batter you, thats only 3 converted tries, what am i supposed to predict? a hawks vicrory?

would be nice haha

#49 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

anything could happen tbh, we were dire for 40 mins at swinton and brilliant for the next 40, ive backed worky twice at doncaster and york and had my fingers burned both times on them this season. This is a team that couldnt beat Gateshead 6 month ago,( yes i know they had injuries ) however they are a differant animal at home but we beat them last time we played them up there so its not  impossible. I dont think a draw is out of the question here, whatever a bonus point has got to be the minimum we come away with.

Posted Image

#50 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

anything could happen tbh, we were dire for 40 mins at swinton and brilliant for the next 40, ive backed worky twice at doncaster and york and had my fingers burned both times on them this season. This is a team that couldnt beat Gateshead 6 month ago,( yes i know they had injuries ) however they are a differant animal at home but we beat them last time we played them up there so its not impossible. I dont think a draw is out of the question here, whatever a bonus point has got to be the minimum we come away with.

being dire for 40 and brilliant for 40 is something town fans can relate to believe me. I wouldn't say we had injuries at gateshead i'd say we were injury ravaged. I would happily give that gateshead side 40 start against our current side. Expecting nothing but a tough game against the hawks on Sunday.

#51 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Ye Macca 6 does look a wee bit off but i think you know i mist the l out should have read flags.

#52 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Looking forward to the trip on Sunday on the wags bus.
Let's hope for a good game nice weather and many the best team win.

#53 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Looking forward to the trip on Sunday on the wags bus.
Let's hope for a good game nice weather and many the best team win.

sorry mate, its cumbria, it will rain 100%

#54 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Weather going to be GOOD, Pitch looking GOOD, Team looking GOOD,Just looking for a GOOD game with a TOWN WIN.

#55 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Weather going to be GOOD, Pitch looking GOOD, Team looking GOOD,Just looking for a GOOD game with a TOWN WIN.

GOOD

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#56 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Just one thing to had to that hope you have a GOOD trip up.

#57 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Just one thing to had to that hope you have a GOOD trip up.

We sure will, see you tomorrow!

#58 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Will keep a lookout for someone talking cobblers and come and say hello to you BH, lol

#59 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

You can't miss me, tall dark and handsome

#60 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Id give eaton his p45, that was a joke 2day. And why is our best 2nd rower not playing (oaksey) and this is our best squad of pkayers weve had for years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users