Giant TV Screen installed at Gilbert Brutus

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Latest stadium development at Catalans. Expected to be in use for next home game against Huddersfield week after next. Permanent fixture as all home games televised live by Bein Sport. Should prove a popular attraction.
dragons-2665_zps94b7d5d9.jpg

Edited by audois, 16 April 2013 - 07:42 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#2 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

amazes me that more stadiums in UK are not built with big screens. Every one in Australia is, but hey, Australians are a little more passionate about live sport

#3 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

At long last the Dragons fans will be able to see why refs keep persecuting their team! ;)

#4 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

11956_581952141823064_273063719_n_zpsbd3
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#5 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

amazes me that more stadiums in UK are not built with big screens. Every one in Australia is, but hey, Australians are a little more passionate about live sport

How do you reckon?

#6 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

just going from the crowd attendances they get for their sport. I wish we had it the same way here.

#7 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,388 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

just going from the crowd attendances they get for their sport. I wish we had it the same way here.

we do. you heard of the Barclays Premier League?

#8 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

If often think when watching a game on telly that if only they had a telly in the stands i would pay to go to the game and watch it on a telly rather than sit at home and watch it on the telly.

#9 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

sure, one sport. While Aussies travel in droves to watch multiple sports like cricket, NRL, super 15, AFL (more than the lot), football.

and to liOnhead who seems to have no idea about hospitality and improving the experience for live supporters, ever been at the ground wanting to view a replay of something contentious but cant because the game is not covered on Sky and the club doesn't have its own screen?

while your at it, lets take all home creature comforts away from the grounds. No seats, no food, no drink, no scoreboard.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hull and Huddersfield have more up to date screens now don't they? I understand this is probably from the football side of things but do these two show the game or is it just Leeds (and now Catalan).

And I think it's purely financial, statties.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Probably because in Australia every game is broadcast Live or delayed "as live", with multiple camera angles making it worthwhile. The Non-Sky-Live ones here are covered by one or two for the various highlights shows.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#12 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Exactly this. The Brits gag for live sport. Just not as much for the one we all would like them to!

#13 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

sure, one sport. While Aussies travel in droves to watch multiple sports like cricket, NRL, super 15, AFL (more than the lot), football.

and to liOnhead who seems to have no idea about hospitality and improving the experience for live supporters, ever been at the ground wanting to view a replay of something contentious but cant because the game is not covered on Sky and the club doesn't have its own screen?

while your at it, lets take all home creature comforts away from the grounds. No seats, no food, no drink, no scoreboard.

Does that mean they are more passionate about live sport, or that they care more for a greater variety of sports? What are the sum of the attendences to live sporting events in Australia vs those in the UK over a whole year? That's the only way to back up your assertation.

#14 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Probably because in Australia every game is broadcast Live or delayed "as live", with multiple camera angles making it worthwhile. The Non-Sky-Live ones here are covered by one or two for the various highlights shows.

very good point. I don't think every old Aussie stadia had big screens, but certainly any built since 1980 had. 

Does that mean they are more passionate about live sport, or that they care more for a greater variety of sports? What are the sum of the attendences to live sporting events in Australia vs those in the UK over a whole year? That's the only way to back up your assertation.

Good question, perhaps the below figures will also have something to do with the entertainment on offer at these fixtures also?

On average attendances Australia is in a different league. Top five supporter average leagues in each country:

Prem League: 35K

AFL: 33K

Championship: 18K

A League: 13K

Prem RU: 13K
Super Rugby: 22K

SL: 11K

NRL: 17K

20-20: 7K

Big Bash: 18K

Champ 1: 7K

Basketball: 5K

That is a difference of 17K average in attendances in favour of Aussies. That almost the average crowd size of England's second strongest competition.

Then of course there is the size of population to consider.

#15 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

That doesn't answer my question. I wanted totals over a year.

#16 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

you find them, I think that averages are the best way to back up my argument and that is why I posted them. When you do find them, you will find that per capita the evidence is even more in favour of the Aussies

#17 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Actually, I had a quick look. I normalised for teams outside of AU or England in the leagues. It does come out in favour of the Aussies, but not by as much as you might think. It works out that 50% of English people go and watch a game, whereas 60% of Aussies do.

#18 dhw

dhw
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

you find them, I think that averages are the best way to back up my argument and that is why I posted them. When you do find them, you will find that per capita the evidence is even more in favour of the Aussies

That does not show they are more passionate just simply shows a certain number of people attending live sport. Football fans alone in UK and mainland Europe show a far greater passion than Australians do. One of the few times Australians seem to get passionate at RL in Australia is during SOO but little else. 

#19 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

EPL  about 13m   (380)  2011-12

AFL  about   7m  (207)   2012

football league 10m  (556)  2011-12

a league   1.5m (130)  2012-13   1 club plays outside Australia

NRL  3.5m (201)   2012   1 club plays outside of Australia

superleague 2m (202)  2011  1 team plays outside of the uk

super15  2.7m (124)  2012    10 teams play outside Australia

aviva  1.6m  (135)   2011-12

20-20  0.5m  (79)    2005

big bash 0.3m (17)   2009-10

we also have football league 4m

football league two 2.5m

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#20 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

very good point. I don't think every old Aussie stadia had big screens, but certainly any built since 1980 had. 

Good question, perhaps the below figures will also have something to do with the entertainment on offer at these fixtures also?

On average attendances Australia is in a different league. Top five supporter average leagues in each country:

Prem League: 35K

AFL: 33K

Championship: 18K

A League: 13K

Prem RU: 13K
Super Rugby: 22K

SL: 11K

NRL: 17K

20-20: 7K

Big Bash: 18K

Champ 1: 7K

Basketball: 5K

That is a difference of 17K average in attendances in favour of Aussies. That almost the average crowd size of England's second strongest competition.

Then of course there is the size of population to consider.

Then of course you must cosider The NPower Championship Average of around 17k accross 24 teams, League One Average of around 8k accross 24 teams and League Two Average of around 6k accross 24 teams.

Those  attendances when added to those of the Premiership average of 36k would probably outstrip all sports in Australia!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users