TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Giant TV Screen installed at Gilbert Brutus

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

But this is getting off point. Well done the catalans!

#22 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

How the hell did Catalan installing a screen move onto that ######? :lol:

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#23 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

That does not show they are more passionate just simply shows a certain number of people attending live sport. Football fans alone in UK and mainland Europe show a far greater passion than Australians do. One of the few times Australians seem to get passionate at RL in Australia is during SOO but little else. 

Who was talking about mainland europe? 16 pages of League updates (depending which state you live in) in the Monday newspapers tells me they are a little passionate. 33k fans watching Souths live against an interstate team last week tells me they have a little passion. As far as showing more passion than Aussies do, I just showed you that the average crowds for the top 5 leagues in both England and Australia has the Aussies up by 17k. 

#24 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Who was talking about mainland europe? 16 pages of League updates (depending which state you live in) in the Monday newspapers tells me they are a little passionate. 33k fans watching Souths live against an interstate team last week tells me they have a little passion. As far as showing more passion than Aussies do, I just showed you that the average crowds for the top 5 leagues in both England and Australia has the Aussies up by 17k. 

That's per event though. There's clearly more events in England. If you have (and I know this is taking it ad absurdum, but just to prove a point) two events in Australia, each with 33k supporting, and 20 events in England, each with 16k supporting, who has shown the more passion for live sport?

and I made a bleeding typo, I am such an editing namby pamby.

Edited by zorquif, 18 April 2013 - 10:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users