83 replies to this topic

#81 red dwarf

red dwarf
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

there is no trend of decline

but

a successful, well supported world cup would be nice-although for some bizarre reason supporters of at least one club actively oppose it.

An end to the recession

the rise and rise of clubs like Bradford salford and wakefield, who have had bad experiences that some people have gloated about, yet those same people have seen to have gone quiet about in the light of their bouncing back

a serious thoroughgoing examination of what is going on at London Broncos. The potential is massive, the game is established in the South east yet the club is massively under achieving.

a broadening of the competitiveness of Super League so that more clubs are capable of making a major impact. relegating one club and replacing it with a weaker one: the farce/joke/ laughing stock of Leigh replacing Castleford for instance several years ago demeans the competition rather than enhances it. If Featherstone for instance were to replace castleford-currently SL's weakest team, would they do any better-assuming they would be relegated immediately  as the period of grace that Widnes for instance enjoy, would be abandoned on principle. If not then it would be futile, expensive and quite possibly have catastrophic ramifications for both clubs.

and the acquisition of a credible main sponsor for the sport's flagship competition. Even in the previously mentioned recession this should not be beyond the capabilities of those who are employed to achieve this.

Do you seriously believe that bringing back a discredited structure to the professional game is the panacea that it needs? In itself risible, but also self serving and also the idea that one element will bring the game into some sunny carefree upland is untenable.

Super League is not a 'division' within a competition, it is a competition in itself. The championship is a competition with two divisions.

Again there is no downward trend in attendances.

I asked you for a solution , ie , what you think the clubs and the governing body should DO to change/improve things , not just a wish list

#82 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,138 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Where have I suggested a return to P and R ?

There is a definate decline in the Championship , and one in SL if you look at recent figures , partly without doubt due to the reccession , but also a lack of intensity

I'm sure you can back that up so what are your sources?

- what is your evidence to support your assertion that  SuperLeague gates are falling?

- what is your evidence that the "recession" is having any effect on anything?

- What is your evidence that there is any lack of intensity?

#83 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,075 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

I asked you for a solution , ie , what you think the clubs and the governing body should DO to change/improve things , not just a wish list

one person's wish list is another's to do list.

All of these things are doable.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#84 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,222 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

There is a definate decline in the Championship , and one in SL if you look at recent figures , partly without doubt due to the reccession , but also a lack of intensity

Hence all alleged "solutions" are to drop the number in SL to up the intensity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users