Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sam Tomkins to NZ Warriors in 2015 (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#181 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

I like the idea of Ben Barba at the Brisbane Broncos. More players should choose alliterative clubs.

Sadly Willie Wolfgramm was one Tongan Warrington didnt sign after the '95 World Cup. Nor Wigan.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#182 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Sadly Willie Wolfgramm was one Tongan Warrington didnt sign after the '95 World Cup. Nor Wigan.

Didn't he sign for Swinton?

#183 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

will this mean more of us subscribing to premier sports and moving away from sky? to see how our prize export does

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#184 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Good luck to him, can't blame him for going and hopefully he will be a success. He's a loss, but hopefully Matt Bowen can provide something next year, before one of the young lads steps up.

Edited by giwildgo, 23 September 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#185 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

will this mean more of us subscribing to premier sports and moving away from sky? to see how our prize export does

Already sorted mate in preparation for the WC. The NRL play offs have been really entertaining with every team giving their all. Take note Hull FC.

rldfsignature.jpg

#186 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

I'm really pleased for Tomkins, it's an exciting and unconventional move down under (to NZ) to the best league that there is and he must be buzzing.

Furthermore I'm chuffed that he's stayed in our game and not followed his brother's footsteps.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#187 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'm really pleased for Tomkins, it's an exciting and unconventional move down under (to NZ) to the best league that there is and he must be buzzing.

Furthermore I'm chuffed that he's stayed in our game and not followed his brother's footsteps.

Exactly this.  I only saw him once this year, down at the Gilbert Brutus.  Classy on and off the pitch.  And one of those who plays the game with a smile on his face.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#188 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

If we include Tomkins, is possible for England to field a team made up of NRL players yet?

#189 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Good luck to him. Glad we'll still be able to enjoy watching him playing Rugby League.

#190 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Glad he's staying in RL,good luck to him.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#191 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Glad he is staying in RL and TBH not a little surprised as I suspected a move to RU was gonna happen. Which IMO would have been a mistake at this time.

#192 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Yep, I agree with most that its great he is staying in RL and good luck to him on his new venture.   

#193 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Fair play to Sam, he seems like a good guy and has shown with this move that the challenge of playing in the best rugby league in the world is more important to him than becoming a big celebrity in the UK.

#194 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Brilliant and brave move, my premier sports package has just got a little more valuable.
waddell

#195 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Brilliant and brave move, my premier sports package has just got a little more valuable.

Yes I must admit I only got it on a 6 month trial and due to the World Cup and even more players going to the NRL I'll be keeping it at full price.

#196 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

I never thought I would get into the NRL, I used to roll my eyes at the people who would preach about it on here, but I'm now hooked. The British players though has given me an affiliation with individual clubs.
waddell

#197 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Good on the lad to test himself in a better competition. For all those who claim he is the best fullback in the world, we will see.

Personally, at this point in time I think the likes of Barba, Slater, Inglis, Hayne, Stewart, Dugan,  Mincehello (and Tuavasa-Shek) are better, but that's for him to prove himself

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#198 jim_57

jim_57
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Great news! look forward to seeing him play NRL.

Wonder what the chances are of the Warriors emulating the Rabbitohs and bringing his brothers over if his move is a success. They have Friend and leuluai as their main hooking options who are both getting along in years.

#199 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

Great news! look forward to seeing him play NRL.

Wonder what the chances are of the Warriors emulating the Rabbitohs and bringing his brothers over if his move is a success. They have Friend and leuluai as their main hooking options who are both getting along in years.

Logan Tomkins wouldn't be a big loss to Wigan, he's had a few good games but a lot of average ones. Hardly set the world alight.

#200 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

Should put a few grand on Fridays gate.